Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2011, 10:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Page6)

Congrats on the Jet!
Love the interiors too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post

And one more thing you know, I used to drive fast (read really fast like a maniac) in my MJD and in my T-Jet+ I don't have that feeling to drive fast.. I don't know why.. definitely a strange change within myself..I prefer to cruise in my T-Jet than drive her fast.

however.. for my family, this is a welcome change.
You dont feel fast coz the car is more stable?

Quote:
Will post in future about whether she has really met my requirements. The doubt here is because, I am not getting the same "SAFE" feeling of my MJD in my T-jet since this is taller than the MJD (slightly higher CG.. I guess), but it definitely sticks to the road when compared to the other two.

And, what tyres did you get?
Old 14th January 2011, 11:13   #47
BHPian

re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Page6)

Quote:
Thanks GTO!

And one more thing you know, I used to drive fast (read really fast like a maniac) in my MJD and in my T-Jet+ I don't have that feeling to drive fast.. I don't know why.. definitely a strange change within myself..I prefer to cruise in my T-Jet than drive her fast.

however.. for my family, this is a welcome change.
Satya, perhaps cause an MJD required you to revv up and be in the power band, whereas the tjet provides all that without any efforts at a lower rpm itself.

Just check if you are taking more time to cover the same distances, like the regular office run?. That should give you the right answer i guess.

Enjoy the car.
Old 14th January 2011, 16:30   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Thus, if I were you, I'll consider an 'Race Dynamics' chip tuning exercise to bump the power up to 130-135 bhp.
The first mod should be a proper intercooler. That, and more on this thread.

Quote:
In the City, I am typically a sedate driver.
Thanks to the torque, the T-Jet is surprisingly driveable for a turbo-petrol in the city. As long as you are above 1,500 rpms, you can chug along in the same gear. That's unlike some other turbo-engines which need 1800 - 2000 rpm and over.

Quote:
EPS was little scary for me..The steering felt light than the T-Jet and the feedback was not as good as the T-Jet especially at higher speeds.
The T-Jet has the best steering this side of 10 lakhs. Period. Nothing comes close.

Quote:
2. Maintain speeds upside 140 and at the same time feel glued to the road (in straights and in corners)
Coming down the new Igatpuri one-way ghat, there are a bunch of F-A-S-T corners. I am a regular on that route and thus, familiarity level is high. There is a particularly uneven patch just before entering a fast left hander. Inevitably, you are forced to brake hard (since you are entering the corner after a spirited run down the straight), right on this rough patch. Of the last 10 cars I've driven there, only three have maintained composure under this condition : My Benz, the BMW 525d (test car) and the T-Jet (test car). Believe me, that ghat section is made for the T-Jet. This was early in the morning, even before sunrise. Right after, I pulled over at a dhaba for a cuppa tea & a marlboro, and saw the T-Jet in new light. Man, this car proves you don't need to spend a lot of money to have a lot of (driving) fun.

BTW, don't worry about FE. Leave that to owners of boring cars.
Old 14th January 2011, 17:10   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Congrats Man..

Guess you are from Santoshapuram, Chennai. One question how is the AC in T-Jet compared you Linea MJD. Has it improved..?
Ashok. You are right. I am from Santhoshapuram. B/W where are you.. Are you from Chennai?

Reg. the AC.. There is a huge difference. With 1-2 bars in the digital console, it feels cold in the mornings after a few minutes, and when the blower is set at 5 bars - after 5-10 minutes, it becomes spine chilling even in scorching heat (2PM Chennai Heat).

I usually switch off and on the AC since it becomes too cold inside. Still am not used to the temperature settings, since I was driving a manual AC before. Instead of switching off, all I have to do is to increase the temperature.. But, strange.. my hands just reach to switch it off rather than increasing the temperature. Have to get used to increase the temperature instead of switching it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats on the Jet!
Love the interiors too!

You dont feel fast coz the car is more stable?

And, what tyres did you get?
JKDas - Thanks and I too like the interiors. Definitely the leather seats enhance the overall ambience. The car is stable with those fat tyres (Good Year). But, somehow I feel like driving slowly than my MJD. I think i can attribue this to two things -

1. Torque kicking in as low as 1500RPM (does not happen the same way in my MJD).

2. Engine is super silent (unlike my MJD), so.. may be am not realizing the speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuz View Post
Satya, perhaps cause an MJD required you to revv up and be in the power band, whereas the tjet provides all that without any efforts at a lower rpm itself.
Skuz - You may be right..MJD requires me to Rev a little hard to be in the power band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Thanks to the torque, the T-Jet is surprisingly driveable for a turbo-petrol in the city. As long as you are above 1,500 rpms, you can chug along in the same gear. That's unlike some other turbo-engines which need 1800 - 2000 rpm and over.

The T-Jet has the best steering this side of 10 lakhs. Period. Nothing comes close.

Coming down the new Igatpuri one-way ghat, there are a bunch of F-A-S-T corners. I am a regular on that route and thus, familiarity level is high. There is a particularly uneven patch just before entering a fast left hander. Inevitably, you are forced to brake hard (since you are entering the corner after a spirited run down the straight), right on this rough patch. Of the last 10 cars I've driven there, only three have maintained composure under this condition : My Benz, the BMW 525d (test car) and the T-Jet (test car). Believe me, that ghat section is made for the T-Jet. This was early in the morning, even before sunrise. Right after, I pulled over at a dhaba for a cuppa tea & a marlboro, and saw the T-Jet in new light. Man, this car proves you don't need to spend a lot of money to have a lot of (driving) fun.

BTW, don't worry about FE. Leave that to owners of boring cars.
Oh Man.. GTO.. You are absolutely right.

1. if you are in 1500-1600RPM.. All that is needed is "press the pedal" and you are gone.
2. I think I may need to "FRAME" this steering and worship. I just love the feedback.
3. Your ghats statement itches me to get her to OOTY / Kodai here in TamilNadu. Will do that shortly.
4. T-Jet is an "ENGAGING" car compared to its competition.

Reg. Fuel efficiency, T-Jet has delivered very well. The Fuel eff. figures are for the benefit of others who follow my thread and just for statistics purposes. When i booked my Jet, i dumped the FE related concerns.

Here is another 250 KM report on Fuel Efficiency..

Communte Type - B2B city traffic
Traffic - Moderate to Heavy (very heavy - may be 30% of the time, 40% - Heavy, 30% - Moderate)
Distance - 247.6kms (MID)
Fuel Eff - 11.2 Km/Lt (MID)
Fuel Eff - 11.26 Km/Lt (Eco Drive)
Fuel Eff - 11.4 Km/Lt (Tank to Tank method)
Avg Speed - 22 Km/Hr (MID)

Drive pattern - Sedate with bursts of heavy acceleration (Thanks to a Maroon ANHC.. I saw upside of 4000RPM for the first time in my Jet).

Any issues so far - NIL.

Some pictures of my MID and Eco Drive.

Regards,
Sathya
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-ecodrivejan1014-report.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-imag0341.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-imag0342.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-imag0343.jpg  

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 14th January 2011 at 17:12.
Old 15th January 2011, 10:09   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Ashok. You are right. I am from Santhoshapuram. B/W where are you.. Are you from Chennai?
Actually i stay very close to your house. I an in Sabari Garden. Recently i saw a T-Jet in a same house which was earlier having a wine red Fiat Linea. I have a FIAT Punto - medium Grey, but dont have T-BHP stickers on it may be you might have seen. I will meet you once i come back from my hometown. Congrats once again.. If any car don't get under belly scraps in our area roads.. Then it means it has a good GC.
Old 15th January 2011, 12:36   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Actually i stay very close to your house. I an in Sabari Garden. Recently i saw a T-Jet in a same house which was earlier having a wine red Fiat Linea. I have a FIAT Punto - medium Grey, but dont have T-BHP stickers on it may be you might have seen. I will meet you once i come back from my hometown. Congrats once again.. If any car don't get under belly scraps in our area roads.. Then it means it has a good GC.
WoW WoW WoW.. I actually admire at your baby everyday when ever I see it.. May be you might have noticed sometimes..Man.. the color of your car in low light.. Drool man.

Sure we will catch up once you are back. I actually had a Minimal Grey Linea MJD which I have changed to T-Jet+

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 15th January 2011 at 12:40.
Old 16th January 2011, 23:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of the last 10 cars I've driven there, only three have maintained composure under this condition : My Benz, the BMW 525d (test car) and the T-Jet (test car).
What about Octavia/Vento? I am sure you must have tried Fiesta 1.6S also in the ghat section.
Comparing T-Jet's Handling to that of cars 3-6 times more expensive is a bold statement.

Last edited by oxyzen : 16th January 2011 at 23:22.
Old 17th January 2011, 08:17   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This indeed is a mighty statement in favour of the T-Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
What about Octavia/Vento? I am sure you must have tried Fiesta 1.6S also in the ghat section.
Comparing T-Jet's Handling to that of cars 3-6 times more expensive is a bold statement.
He mentioned "of the last 10 cars". I guess Octavia will be far off from the last 10.
Old 17th January 2011, 10:23   #54
BHPian

Blue and Me Help - Strange issue!

Strange thing happening with my Blue and Me..Pls help if anyone has faced this.

One of the folders (particular "Movie" Folder) that I have in my USB stick goes missing frequently. I mean its there in the USB when I plug it in my computer. The car also plays it, but suddenly after sometime..when I switch off and ignite the car again, it goes missing.. Its so strange.

When it happened for the first time, I followed the steps below:

1. Disconnected the USB from Blue and Me
2. Formatted the USB in my computer
3. Reloaded all the folders including the particular folder that went missing
4. Plugged it in the Blue and Me
5. Started the media player in my car

It worked for a couple of days.. meaning the car recognized that particular folder and everything was normal. And today morning, the same folder went missing again (the Blue and Me does not show the folder in the USB)..

I am puzzled! This happens only to that folder and i love the songs within that folder.

May be my car doesnot like any songs within the folder!
Old 17th January 2011, 21:12   #55
BHPian

Disconnected the battery and the problem is gone.. Now it recognizes all the folders. Not sure, with Microsoft on board, How many times the battery has to be disconnected. Oh God, Pls save.

By the way, did 140 today (in Thoraipakkam - Pallavaram Road for those who know Chennai) and kind of ripped her. I can't resist. What can i do???

But the way she picked up speed and surged forward.. Just one word, awesome it was. I am awaiting to complete the Run-in. I am sure I will take her upward 190! lets see where she maxs out..Await a report shortly from me on her High speed run!!!
Old 17th January 2011, 21:31   #56
BHPian

I know I am hopelessly late on this , but as they say Better late then never..
Congratulations on the new car , its sure a looker .

What is the top speed of it ? How is the exp so far with fiat as a brand till now?
Old 17th January 2011, 23:54   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Disconnected the battery and the problem is gone.. Now it recognizes all the folders. Not sure, with Microsoft on board, How many times the battery has to be disconnected. Oh God, Pls save.
Thats the beauty of MICROSOFT Blue&Me.
Reboot (disconnect the battery) the system everytime the system hangs
Old 18th January 2011, 10:11   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
I know I am hopelessly late on this , but as they say Better late then never..
Congratulations on the new car , its sure a looker .

What is the top speed of it ? How is the exp so far with fiat as a brand till now?
Yes. Admiration Gauranteed!

Top speed should be upside 190.. I am expecting a speedo indicated 200/205 types... Since the power is slightly less than the Europe one, I expect a marginal reduction in Top End as well (may not do a speedo indicated 220 as the european ones)

PS: I remember seeing 3 to 4 You Tube videos with a speedo indicated 220 in the 120PS T-Jet. I think the Video will read "Linea T-Jet - Final".. I dont remember exactly..
Old 19th January 2011, 09:49   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I am sure Octavia will be good in ghats section. I mean for high speed cornering. have exp with it. About the Fiesta.. No doubts.. Its one of the best handlers this side of 10L. Thanks to the stiffer suspensions.

Reg. Vento, my personal exp indicates, comparitively "soft" suspension combined with EPS plays spoil sport during high speed corners. there is a definitely some roll while ride is excellent. I mean the handling vs ride.

If you ask me to rate the these cars in handling.. Just out of my experience.

Fiesta 1.6 and T-Jet > Octavia > Vento
Old 19th January 2011, 15:25   #60

I own a Siena 1.6EL and a PalioNV 1.2 and am examining buying the Linea T-Jet and I have enjoyed reading this very informative thread. Unfortunately, the feedback from the Fiat Mumbai showroom indicates that the T-Jet is not selling as per FIAT's expectations. The test drive of the T-Jet was superb and all the participants on this thread also share the same driving experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks