Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2011, 19:34   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute

Absolutely amazing pics! Loved all of them. Pic # 7 is my favorite of all. 5 Fiats together is like a dream-team.

Sathya, man, don't let the Jet go, if you can. Its just a wonderful piece of machine, in and out. When you get bored of driving the SUV, you can switch to the Jet and forget all the boredom in the world.

Cheers!
Thanks man..

I have already removed the adv. of my TJET sale in T BHP. I have decided to be with her atleast for the next 3-4 yrs. Next year I will add an SUV to my garage. You rightly said- whenever I need a stress buster she is the remedy. No questions about that.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 22nd October 2011 at 19:37.
Old 22nd October 2011, 20:15   #152
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)

Hi Sathya! During the recent Fiat meet in Bangalore, we had a long discussion on your decision of selling the Jet. Good you are not going to sell anytime soon.

Hope you keep updating this thread for the coming years!
Old 22nd October 2011, 23:57   #153
Team-BHP Support

Great write-up Satya, and good decision not to leave the T-Jet. So which SUV is going to give company to the T-Jet?
Old 23rd October 2011, 09:37   #154
BHPian

I am just waiting for the competition to heat up..XUV is a good choice but I would like the game to get even more interesting by Duster and Merlin. Somehow I like the Duster. Spoilt by the you tube videos of the Duster. A kick *** pricing and good equipment list with a 4*4; my money is on the table for the Duster. Lets wait and watch
Old 11th December 2011, 00:14   #155
BHPian

Completed 2nd Free Service - 15500km Update

Today my Jet went for the 2nd free service with 15500kms on the ODO. There were no niggles or issues with the vehicle. So it was just a service where the consumables were changed. Oil, Oil Filter, Air filter were changed. The total bill was Rs. 3346, oil being the major cost.. close to 2k.

While driving back noticed that the vehicle pick up was better; engine noise was less and the Jet was so smooth. Gave full marks to the service center folks. Yet again, was grinning all through the way back home as the Jet was zipping past the other "people movers".. Nothing came close to my Jet. Period.

Sathya
Sathya_sc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 08:09   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc

While driving back noticed that the vehicle pick up was better; engine noise was less and the Jet was so smooth. Gave full marks to the service center folks. Yet again, was grinning all through the way back home as the Jet was zipping past the other "people movers".. Nothing came close to my Jet. Period.

Sathya
Thats what T-Jet is all about.

Also glad to see that service experience was good. In general, most Fiat owners are satisfied with recent service experiences.

Sathya, any long trips in pipeline?
Old 11th December 2011, 13:17   #157
BHPian

Yes Ajay..

Just now completed a round trip of 1500kms but it was done in real haste.. total of just 2.5 days. So didnt have time to click pics during this journey. But the journey was as usual super with my Jet ruling the road.

Most likely, there will be a trip end of this month again to the order of 1500kms. Not sure though.
Old 15th January 2012, 11:58   #158
BHPian

Yesterday, I did a quick 425 km spin to Chennai-Chidambaram and back. As usual, the ride was excellent and driving the Tjet spiritedly in the ECR is pure bliss with those curves and steep bends. There are some curves which gives you some adrenaline if you are hitting the curve unexpectedly and for Linea it was a piece of cake.

Some statistics -

Chennai-Chidambdaram:

Distance: 210 kms
Time: 4hrs
Milieage: 11.6km/lt
Top Speed: Revved it so hard in many of the places esp in the curves. Nirvana.

Interesting thing - Was not able to keep pace with an XUV in straights (hats off to GEM of an engine by Mahindra) but curves in ECR assured the top spot again to the JET. After one of the curves (very steep "S" bend before Marakkanam) where the XUV lost composure and was all over the place, it decided not to muscle with my Jet! I smiled and vanished into the horizon.

Return:

Time: 3hrs 30 mins (Chennai Pondy in 1hr 40mins)
Mileage: 13.1km/lt
Consistent speeds of 130-140km/hr (no hard revving)

All in all after 17000 kms, everytime I get into my Jet, its fun again.

As I parked my car after the return trip, my heart was pounding again for another long drive. With a deep breadth, gave a pat to her and entered home and my wife who was watching this, gave a strange look at me. and I told myself, simply irresistable.
Sathya_sc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 08:40   #159

Hi Satya;

I am confused between fiat linea tjet plus & fiat linea multijet; from all the conversations on TB i suppose you have owned both the vehicles.

Request your feedback on ownership & Fuel Efficiency aspects; i've booked TJET Plus & will have to inform dealer about the change if it happens.

Presently driving Fiat Palio 1.2 NV with daily running of 50+Kms.

Tushar
Old 8th March 2012, 10:52   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashur View Post
Hi Satya;

I am confused between fiat linea tjet plus & fiat linea multijet; from all the conversations on TB i suppose you have owned both the vehicles.

Request your feedback on ownership & Fuel Efficiency aspects; i've booked TJET Plus & will have to inform dealer about the change if it happens.

Presently driving Fiat Palio 1.2 NV with daily running of 50+Kms.

Tushar
Tashur, i own the TJet and there is no doubt that the T Jet is once in a life time owning experience and its an awesome piece of engineering.

For 50 kms per day usage, the fuel cost difference between Petrol & Diesel would be very high. MJD will give you a smile everytime you are at the fuel bunk whereas T Jet would give you a wide grin whenever you are on the Road. Depends on your likings & priorities.

MJD excels when it comes to fuel bills. MJD will give a FE of 15-18 kmpl in city and 20-25kmpl on highways depending upon the driving style and traffic. Diesel costs Rs 44/litre whereas Petrol costs Rs 70/litre (will increase further more). T Jet will return 10-12 kmpl in city and 14-16 kmpl on highways.

I'm all in favour of the Jet if you can afford to foot the fuel bill. There is no match for the adrenaline rush which the Jet offers.

Your decision depends on how much important is the fuel bill for you. If you are not one who calculates fuel efficiency and cost, go for the T Jet or go for MJD.
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 11:12   #161
BHPian

@ tashur - have you booked the 2012 linea thats expected next month or its the 2011 model thats in the website? I second bnzon when it comes to choosing between the petrol guzzler and the oil buurner.
Old 8th March 2012, 11:19   #162
Senior - BHPian

Sathya,

Have you changed your speakers in TJet ?
If yes, Please let me know the Speakers, Price and Shop and contact details from where you installed it.
Me and other friend are interested to change the speakers, Though i am going to sell my car ASAP.
Old 9th March 2012, 21:19   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
@ tashur - have you booked the 2012 linea thats expected next month or its the 2011 model thats in the website? I second bnzon when it comes to choosing between the petrol guzzler and the oil buurner.
Hi Shreyas;

Its 2011 TJET+
Old 6th April 2012, 20:11   #164
BHPian

My beauty at 3M Car Care.

An update after a long time.

First my thanks to Karthik (Black TJet). You inspired me to take my white beauty to 3M for an exterior detailing exercise.

Now, the details.

Called up the 3M center a couple of days back for an appointment and they gave me an appointment by 11am today. I was excited to take my beauty to the 3M center since I know she will look extremely beautiful - like a princess post the detailing session. Reached the 3M center at Nungambakkam by 10AM itself and they quickly explained me of the various treatments available. Based on my requirements, I felt that the Exterior essentials pack will be the best bet since it included Foam Wash, Tar and stain removal followed by 3M machine polish and waxing. This pack also included engine bay cleanup and interior cleaning (basic cleaning). They quickly got the car to the wash bay and gave a detailed foam wash.

Followed by the wash, the guys over there meticulously removed each and every stain mark on the car and it took almost an hour and a half to get the stains removed. My car had a lot of tree leaf stains (dark spots) since there is a tree covering the car park in my house. I must definitely appreciate the workmanship at the 3M center. They did it so meticulously that I couldn’t find even a single stain mark in my car. They also removed the water stains that surround the FIAT badge and near the front grills and fog lamps. All in all, an excellent stain removal session.

It was followed by a detailed polishing session where they used some 3M chemical and machine polished the beauty at varying machine speeds. All swirl marks were removed and slowly the beauty started gleaming and I was overjoyed to see her getting slowly back to her original shape and color. This was again followed by a cleaning session where they used a tooth brush to rub and remove all dirt at the door beadings, engine compartment and boot lit and all nook and corners of the car. This again took almost one hour. Again they did not leave even one spot and wherever I knew there would be dirt, it was neatly cleaned. Awesome job by the folks.

The last step was to apply a coat of wax to create that shine and the car was at its best now. This was followed by glass cleaning. Those guys at 3M did a commendable job for around 5 hrs to restore my car to its full glamor. Hats off to them.

I must say the job done at 3M Chennai for my car is by far the best I have done so far in Chennai. FULL MARKS to those guys. The cherry on the cake was, two of the main guys came to inspect the car as a finishing touch and gave some feedback to the guys on the floor for some additional cleaning to be done. They also checked with me several times for any additional cleaning to be done. I was simply floored.

All of these costed my only Rs. 1905/- and for the first time I was completely satisfied and was willing to pay more for the work done.
Any one looking for a good detailing place in Chennai - I would recommend 3M and the contact point is Dushy - 9940574321. Just a great place to be for car enthusiasts who would love to see their beauty at its best.

And I saw one more BHPian with his Civic there and had a good time talking to him and admiring at his beauty as well. All in all, it was an excellent day dedicated to my White Princess.

I have shared some pictures of my beauty during the detailing process and few after the actual work. However, I took her out for a Photo shoot session (thanks to my best pal Sriram Guruswamy - he is one of the best I have seen in photography with great passion towards it) and I will add those pictures once he shares the pictures with me. I am sure those pics will be super awesome.

Some pics that I took to start with...
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0626.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0633.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0635.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0639.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0642.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0643.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0645.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0650.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0659.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0660.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0662.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0667.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0670.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0673.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0676.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0679.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0681.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dscn0683.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-another-tbhp-car.jpg  

Sathya_sc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 20:48   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My beauty at 3M Car Care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
...I must say the job done at 3M Chennai for my car is by far the best I have done so far in Chennai. FULL MARKS to those guys...
I loved the alloys & the engine bay treat especially! Those look spanking new & just out of showroom! Is there a scratch on the driver side OVRM? Why don't you get it touched? Looks like a scar on the beauty!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks