Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 07:19   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: My Skoda Yeti: just the right amount of SUV !

Reviving this old thread simply because my 2011 Yeti is still going strong. It is about to complete 44300 kms and 7 full years of single owner driven ownership.
It still feels nice and strong when I drive it up and down between home, office, around the city and back every day more or less. Though I merely do about 500kms per month on average because I travel quite a lot and therefore am constrained to drive it more. I no longer enjoy nor even do the intra-Karnataka/ intra- India road trips to Ooty and Coorg etc simply because whenever there is a long weekend, there are also interminable lines of traffic at the tolls and the highways resemble Bangalore daily traffic conditions!
Saying all of the above, my old Yeti soldiers on. It has aged well. Maintained carefully so far, only at the Skoda Service centre.
Only one set of Tyres changed in these 7 years and a new battery installed - both done after about 4 years of usage.
The car has fully depreciated. The loan is over and the vehicle is fully paid for.

Given all these points, coupled with my low usage, I do not at the moment, plan to changeover from the Yeti to any other vehicle, for at least another 3-5 years, if possible. Simply because there is nothing available at that price point of around 20 Lacs, which has all the features and comforts that my Yeti gives us.
The nearest competition, in the form of the Jeep Compass top spec 4WD is around 10 lacs away on the upper side and that still doesn’t have many of the features the Yeti has.. And the nearest “aspirational” competition such as the Merc GLA, doesn’t have many of the features the Yeti has and it is about 25 lacs away on the upper side...(considering that I had spent around 19.5 lacs to acquire the Yeti 7 years ago...)

Having recently driven and refreshed my memory of a Jeep Renegade Top Spec 2WD on a trip to France some weeks ago, I realise that this is probably the only vehicle which may come close in its 4WD Trailhawk Avatar, if and when it ever gets launched in India and if at all, the price of it is capped at about 18-20 Lacs on road.

So, I guess, God’s Grace and all going well, I ll just keep the Yeti in good nick and let it soldier on....

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th October 2018 at 07:22.
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks