Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2011, 00:19   #1
BHPian

Cute little beauty comes home..., Yes its the pre-owned i10 1.2 kappa

It was the time when it was just 3 month from my new purchase of the Big girl Yes the Manza Quadra jet Aura+. Manza is absolutely superb and no complaints about it. The reason sometimes I get frustrated with the Manza is its dimension. Yes the car is extremely huge and very difficult to drive down in very small streets.

Plans for a hatch back- Even though I have a car I at majority of the times travel in two wheelers only. This winter season thought me lesson that no you cannot here after travel in two wheelers. Its time for you to use a four-wheeler. I am 25 now, way back at the age of 12 I started driving bikes. Till today I have driven close to 1.25L kms on two wheelers. Currently got frustrated with two wheelers and felt it is the time to upgrade to a small hatchback instead of two wheelers.

Initial budget was only 2.5L for reasonable good car in used car market. My family members came out with a BIG NO stating that. Are you mad, why do you want to buy an old car? They are ignorant people because they are not aware of the flourishing used car market outside and buying a used vehicle was something new for our family. This budget of Rs.2.5Lwas not even possible for a 2007 Wagon R. So didn’t fix up with any budget and was just looking for good cars.

Sudden Attraction towards new cars: Beat/ Figo and Alto K10:- I had a mixed opinion on the used cars and suddenly inclined towards the Alto K 10. Initially i heard a very big no from my family members for the Alto. All my efforts proving Alto to be good car failed and people at home were not ready for the Alto K 10. Then some how convinced them and dropped in to RNS motors, Yeswanthpur, Bangalore to have a look at the K 10. All my efforts were waste convincing my family. I personally didn’t like the car’s interiors nor did I fit into the car. I am 6 Feet tall and 2 feet wide. A well-built guy getting in and getting out as well as headroom and footrest were all very limited and with a big cry rejected the car. It was only 3.85L on road in Bangalore after discount, which was very cheap.

Beat;- It was an excellent car. Widely people say that the female drivers don’t like the beat, which is not true. Truly speaking Mom and sister just loved the car and they said if you were to buy one please buy this. I had almost finalized with Beat and only thing, which was pending, was just cutting a cheque. I asked for the Engine number of the car and got to know that the car is manufactured in July. Ooooops there is something fishy and of course the colors available were limited and the attitude of the Chevy people (TVS Sundaram the dealer) didn’t make me decide the Beat. As it is I am suffering from lack of good service for my Manza from Concorde and then why again there should be car, which is sibling of Tata. So decided to skip Beat with main intention of low resale value, and lack of good service. So BEAT got beaten up.(Sometimes numerology wins man they named the car Beat and it got beaten up ahhhh!

Figo: Once again a very cheap and Value for money product. Indeed the petrol version was underpowered and so felt that it may not be that peppy for the city drive and rejected it. I was primarily not interested in the diesel variant which was not suiting my requirement and budget. Therefore FIGO had to GO out of my list.

Pre owned i10:- I came across an i10 which was a 2009 Aug DO Blue Asta and which had clocked only 6500kms. The car was neat and very minimal dents, which the Advaith pre owned dealer guaranteed to rectify. I should say that the car was in showroom condition and the car was just 16 months old. For the time being just kept this car to my favorite list and again started the used car hunt and nothing succeeded. Finally called the dealer- ADVAITH ADVANTAGE- THE PRE OWNED CAR DIVN and asked whether the car was available. Yes, It was available. I was glad to hear that. I exactly don’t remember what was the price that the dealer initially quoted, it may be 4.75-4.9L. I used the standard dialogue ” If you were to consider the pricing I will make the payment immediately”. After a long conversation and several phone calls and personally meeting the Team leader and Manager I finalized the car for Rs.4.35L + 3K for registration. 3K were a bit high but my RTO broker quoted 2.5K so didn’t bother spending 500 Rs more and discharging the responsibity to the dealer. A price of 4.35L for a top end fully loaded i10 with just 6500kms on the odo for a 16 months old car was a great deal nowhere available in the market. So I was happy with the deal and had no complaints about it. Indeed checked with various dealers and some websites and understood that what I have done is worth. I made an advance payment of Rs.10K on 24th Dec and the car had gone to the body paint shop on 27th Dec for dent removal and painting.

Documents and service history:- I verified the “B” Extract which is issued by the RTO stating the details about the hypothecation and off course the car which I was considering had no hypothecation on it. I struggled a bit to get the service history because of the reason that it is not a normal practice of the Hyundai service centers to issue service records. So somehow got to know about the car and indeed there were no accidents and only free services were conducted and off course the insurance was not claimed. The dealer was courteous to renew the insurance for me. So one more gain this would be for me.

Delivery:-The delivery was all set to be on 31st dec 2010.The delivery was without any hiccups. The sales person was average and nothing much to complain or appreciate. Indeed he was a bit careless and less trained but acceptable.

First drive experience:- The car is really very peppy. Indeed the best car that I have ever seen for the city traffic conditions. Moving to different lanes, overtaking, and overall driving experience was very pleasant. Sometimes I felt that I was driving an automatic car. The gear shift is silky smooth. The steering reaction is like a butter melting on a hot pan, its absolutely smooth and very light. Off course this can be risky too at very high speeds on highway. The responsive engine makes me pamper this car always. I have been using the steering mounted audio controls on my manza which is not available in i10 top end variant too (not the new vtvt kappa 2 model), which is a bit difficult when it comes to selection of songs also the remote control is absent which is truly a cost cutting move and I really don’t appreciate that. The placement of gear lever is an innovative move but I should say that I have to get used to that sometimes my hands are searching for the same in the conventional area. Overall visibility of the car is simply superb. It is not that claustrophobic like Beat, Swift and Ritz. Reversing the car is very simple. Even though the car looks small from outside the interior space is superb. The rear seats and legroom are decent and nothing to complain. The interiors are top notch and very well integrated and cleanly crafted. The digital display is similar to the lighted calculator displays which is not one thing of my like. I am impressed only on the digital LCD display sort of thing as that of Manza. The A pillar is not obstructive even when the drivers seat is pushed to the last lever. Turning radius is very good, easily the car can be u turned in small roads too without reversing. Thats it for now many more to continue. Thanks for reading such a lengthy thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Cute little beauty comes home..., Yes its the pre-owned i10 1.2 kappa-dsc004121600x1200.jpg  

Cute little beauty comes home..., Yes its the pre-owned i10 1.2 kappa-dsc00417new1600x1200.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2011, 14:55   #2
BHPian

Re: Cute little beauty comes home..., Yes its the pre-owned i10 1.2 kappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
First drive experience:- The car is really very peppy. Indeed the best car that I have ever seen for the city traffic conditions. Moving to different lanes, overtaking, and overall driving experience was very pleasant. Sometimes I felt that I was driving an automatic car. The gear shift is silky smooth. The steering reaction is like a butter melting on a hot pan, its absolutely smooth and very light. Off course this can be risky too at very high speeds on highway. The responsive engine makes me pamper this car always. I have been using the steering mounted audio controls on my manza which is not available in i10 top end variant too (not the new vtvt kappa 2 model), which is a bit difficult when it comes to selection of songs also the remote control is absent which is truly a cost cutting move and I really don’t appreciate that. The placement of gear lever is an innovative move but I should say that I have to get used to that sometimes my hands are searching for the same in the conventional area. Overall visibility of the car is simply superb. It is not that claustrophobic like Beat, Swift and Ritz. Reversing the car is very simple. Even though the car looks small from outside the interior space is superb. The rear seats and legroom are decent and nothing to complain. The interiors are top notch and very well integrated and cleanly crafted. The digital display is similar to the lighted calculator displays which is not one thing of my like. I am impressed only on the digital LCD display sort of thing as that of Manza. The A pillar is not obstructive even when the drivers seat is pushed to the last lever. Turning radius is very good, easily the car can be u turned in small roads too without reversing. Thats it for now many more to continue. Thanks for reading such a lengthy thread.
Excellent choice and welcome to the I10 family. I fully agree with your impression of the I10 drive, comfort and fitments. I too purchased an I10 in mid-December and my ownership experience is:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-dwarfs.html

If you think your post was lengthy, check out my post which is a little over 7000 words spread across 11 A4 pages. Enjoy your drive and keep us posted on your ownership experience.

Melvyn
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:04   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey rki2007!
Congratulations on another new ride! Wishing you unlimited happy and safe miles with the Cute little beauty and BIG GIRL both.

As for the lengthy thread, you have infact kept it neat, simple and informative. Go through this one -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-believe.html

This is what is called a true winner in lengthy and BORING threads category

Keep the updates coming. And also, your experiences with the Manza and i10 will be nice to read. A rare combination to have and you can really do honest first hand comparisons between the pros and cons of the 2 cars.

Cheers!
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Excellent choice and welcome to the I10 family. I fully agree with your impression of the I10 drive, comfort and fitments. I too purchased an I10 in mid-December and my ownership experience is:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-dwarfs.html

If you think your post was lengthy, check out my post which is a little over 7000 words spread across 11 A4 pages. Enjoy your drive and keep us posted on your ownership experience.

Melvyn

Thanks Melvyn, Infact i read your thread during my i10 buying process. I had searched for the threads relating to i10 and found yours. Its is an interesting one. Very honest and detailed review. i10 in white looks good.I like the digital odo in the new i10 whereas in the previous version it is calculator display sort of thing
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey rki2007!
Congratulations on another new ride! Wishing you unlimited happy and safe miles with the Cute little beauty and BIG GIRL both.

As for the lengthy thread, you have infact kept it neat, simple and informative. Go through this one -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-believe.html

This is what is called a true winner in lengthy and BORING threads category

Keep the updates coming. And also, your experiences with the Manza and i10 will be nice to read. A rare combination to have and you can really do honest first hand comparisons between the pros and cons of the 2 cars.

Cheers!
Thanks dude. As you rightly said owning an Manza and i10 is a rare combination. Even my friend said the same thing this morning. Infact he asked me , Don't you find extreme contrast driving both the cars at a time.Surely there will lot of comparison between both the cars and the same will be put by me in this forum soon.
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:55   #6
BANNED

Congrats, it almost a new car. I found the price a bit high but I guess is OK by Bangalore Standards.
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:04   #7
BHPian

@ Live to Jive--This car is purchased from Advaith pre-owned cars. I am getting 2 free service and guarantee for the car. Normally the dealer will have a margin and the price is usually more when compared to the outside market. But in my case price is jaw dropping. I surfed the whole Bangalore for i10 and comparing with so many cars, i personally feel this price is worth paying.The new car price on-road is 6.3L and this car has done only 6800kms and just 16 months old.
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:15   #8
BHPian

Congrats for the i10 mate. The price also seems to be fine. And indeed, Manza & i10 seems to be a strange combi.
Old 4th January 2011, 03:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. Drive safe. i10 over the Manza, hmm. Interesting. Depends on which suits your needs though. Drive safe.
Old 4th January 2011, 05:47   #10
BHPian

Congrats rki2007 on your pre-owned i10, the deal which you have got is very sweet.

My friend took delivery of i10 last Saturday and I was the one driving it, the car is very peppier and I saw some good features in the car. The LCD display where the ODO reading and trip meter is displayed has a feature were it would display which is the optimum gear to engage while travelling in slow speeds. I was surprised to see this feature in a hatch back car (Even my Camry doesn’t tell this) and I am sure lady drivers would love this feature.
Old 4th January 2011, 10:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
The LCD display where the ODO reading and trip meter is displayed has a feature were it would display which is the optimum gear to engage while travelling in slow speeds. I was surprised to see this feature in a hatch back car (Even my Camry doesn’t tell this) and I am sure lady drivers would love this feature.
Forget about the lady drivers. I am loving it. The 'gear shift indicator' (what an idea, Sirji) is a god-sent gift for the light-footed drivers like myself to extract maximum mileage out of the I10. But I'm not sure how effective it would be for the performance-oriented drivers.

I would have, instead, preferred if the gear shift indicator would have been permanently displayed on the LCD. In the present system, the gear number temporarily appears on the LCD only when a 'wrong' gear is in operation and it tells you which gear to change to. A permanent gear shift indicator on the LCD would have...

1. Continuously displayed the present gear in operation and this would have helped newer drivers to know which gear they are in, without having to actually look down on the gear stick. In case the 'wrong' gear is in operation, the arrow up or down could then have appeared on the LCD to indicate the need to shift to the 'correct' gear.

2. Eliminated the 'blank' space on the LCD when the correct gear is in operation.

I feel that this blank space (when the 'correct' gear is deployed) on the LCD is being wasted to some extent. It could also have been put to use to display other useful data (such as clock, temperature, approximate fuel economy, etc.)
Old 4th January 2011, 11:54   #12
BHPian

Thanks Price pervez, Utopian,Camchennai,misquitas.

This feature of which gear to engage is not available in my car. I think it is available only in the next gen 1.2 Kappa vtvt

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks