Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2013, 11:36   #91
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta - 2 Years & 2nd Service Completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Only moot point is the 2.5% service charge for credit cards. A company this buy cannot be doing the simplest thing of taking these minor charges.
These cars are built like tanks man! Congrats on your second year hassle free experience with the Jetta.

Regarding the above charge unfairly passed on to you, you should take it up with your Credit card provider. This charge is not acceptable to the bank(s) to be passed on to a customer and in my experience banks have a pretty strict policy of enforcing this rule as its also in the sevice contract signed when a business chooses to deploy an electronic clearing device from a bank.
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:10   #92
BHPian

Quote:
- Rear windshield sun screen installed and works well after removal of sun film.
VW2010,

I just purchased a Jetta DSG and was wondering what I can do to address the Chennai heat. This comment of your caught my attention and can you share where you purchased this screen from?

Thanks!
Old 29th December 2013, 22:33   #93
Senior - BHPian

A quick update. Completed the 3rd service and total cost was around 13K. Standard stuffs replaced and cleaned. Somethings which cannot be proven including AC disinfectant kind of increased the cost of service. Other wise the service has been good experience.

The car has run around 35K and with the arrival of the KTM its hardly getting running time.

Bajaj Allianz gave me the bumper to bumper for the 4th consecutive year and that meant insurance was still low 30K

Few things to consider and be careful about. I cleaned up the engine bay removing the engine cover and while putting it back inadvertently broke the brake vacuum tube. Its a minute piece of rubber tube running just on the right top corner of the engine between oil cap and the battery.

I usually test the brake before i move forward and it appeared to work only to realize it wasnt when i hit a innova just out of signal around 30kmph. Luckily nothing happened except the head light housing clamp broke and some damage to the bumper.

Light cost to replace is 14K and bumper cost is 36-40K. I decided to ignore both at this point. light works and its just that the clamp is broken. No issues with light or driving at this point.

I didn't want to take insurance route yet and going to source both locally from Pudupet to see if i can keep it well below that cost.

Please take care while cleaning and please test your brakes every time to take the car out by moving at over 20K and hitting it hard. This is the only way to test vacuum related issues.

Love the car. Great car and only scary thought is the repair cost and not the maintenance cost. In fact it appears to be exactly the same amount i paid for Swift during its ownership.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 08:29   #94
BHPian

Great thread VW2010, very uncluttered and under-stated yet delivering - like the Jetta.

Never knew the Jetta had so many locked away features.

Is there a method to un-lock them ?
Old 9th August 2014, 05:30   #95
Senior - BHPian

An old thread and a new revival. I have moved to the states and as with any short term, definitely going to be back to India mindset, i got myself an accord. Only reason resale is good though not as great as a CRV

Having driven the accord for few months now and wanted to provide a perspective with my Jetta.

I chose accord for its size and with a baby i wanted something actually big enough in the rear seat. With a child seat i am not sure if Jetta would be that big, but in India child seat was never a need and the rear compartment was basically the kids playground.

There is no second thought that Accord is far more spacious. Its huge and its comfortable for mom and child at the rear seat. When you push the front passenger seat forward you may actually be able to play miniature golf. Ok that was over exaggeration.

Though its a given thing the rear space is definitely better than Jetta. (sorry comparing two different segments. I will talk about feeling of space a little later to compare these two.

On space personally the Jetta seats are shaped nicely in the front for young drivers(remember the seats are low and not really elder friendly to get out. Getting in was always a piece of cake. The rear seats my dad and my aunt after driving in multiple cars felt the Jetta was easy to get in and get out at the rear. The accord is actually better where it feels the seats are slightly higher.

Overall i think Accord is a perfect car for those who want the rear seats. Its big, spacious and very accommodating.

Areas where i miss my Jetta

- The cabin silence. The diesel TDI jetta definitely felt far more silent inside and i think i can attribute it to few things the Jetta had. The body cladding in the engine compartment, the seals in the doors and the overall finish of the car definitely feels better.

The silence is reflection of the suspension set up and the way it avoids the noise getting dissipated inside. (even at 100kmph the jetta always felt less noisy inside than the Accord)

- The dash and door and interior fit and finish - to me personally Jetta felt more round and complete and the soft finish on dash in mkV's are definitely way better than plastic finish of Honda.

- Steering feel and overall body roll was far far better in the Jetta. Even while braking hard the passengers probably felt lesser jerkiness in the jetta. As a driver i do feel the difference.

- Driver seats are big plus for me in jetta. I felt the seats are set up such that there is actually more space and movement.

- Jetta has so much nicer features for any users that i miss them ALL. Be it the side mirros automatically going down while reversing, the rear view mirror managing glare, the rain sensors, boot and bonnet opening with piston mechanism, fit and finish of interiors and i can go on.

- Jetta's steering feel and suspension set up is definitely way better personally to me than the accord.

My wife who has been riding the accord though says space is more in the accord, she likes to travel in the jetta where she felt the rear was very snuggly and felt so rich compared to the Accord.

To each his own, but to me my love for my Jetta has only gone up. Beautiful car as you start driving different cars to only realize what you are missing.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 20:47   #96
BHPian

Jetta Highline vs. Comfortline MKV

Does anyone know what were the differences between the Highline and Comfortline variants for the older MKV Jetta (pre 2011) in India? I am really interested in knowing what extra options came with the Highline version.
Old 4th December 2015, 22:46   #97
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jetta Highline vs. Comfortline MKV

Huge difference actually. But be aware there was only trendline and comfortline. There was no highline back then.

- More Airbags
- leather seats
- RCD510
- I think lumbar support adjuster
- Premium finish inside

Engine wise or performance wise not much of a difference. But if you are picking an used one, if the price diff is less than a lakh, go for the Comfortline.

The Comfortline has everything the current highline has minus auto adjusting driver seats.
Old 4th December 2015, 22:54   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Huge difference actually. But be aware there was only trendline and comfortline. There was no highline back then.

- More Airbags
- leather seats
- RCD510
- I think lumbar support adjuster
- Premium finish inside

Engine wise or performance wise not much of a difference. But if you are picking an used one, if the price diff is less than a lakh, go for the Comfortline.

The Comfortline has everything the current highline has minus auto adjusting driver seats.
Actually there was a Highline model in 2009 and 2010 atleast. I believe all Jetta models came with the same number of airbags. My 2010 Jetta Trendline had rear curtain airbags. Since Comfortline had the higher MFD display, possibly leather, leather wrapped sterring etc. I wonder what extra features the Highline brought?
Old 5th December 2015, 00:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry it was comfortline and highline. The third trim was not available.

6 vs 8 Airbags (There were additional airbags either on the seat or somewhere)
Standard audio vs Premium 8 speaker premium system
Leather vs Cloth
RCD510
MFD display
Climatronics and dual zone(i think the Climatronics awas different in the Comfortline)
Leather wrapped steering
The fuel gauge if i remember right had a chrome trim

To me the difference was the safety equipment, leather seats and overall premium look that made me pick comfortline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks