Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2011, 18:13   #31
vcx
BHPian

Re: The Wind is here - VW Vento AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
ok i want to clear this from people who have installed pioneer systems or the likes. i asked around in bombay they say that they use blaupunkt adapters in vw for add aftermarket headunits ? is this true and will it work ?

AFAIK and understand from the VW delaer in Hyderabad, it could be Kenwood adapter.

Kenwood because, I understand its the OEM auido supplier for VW India and VW dealers are offering Kenwood unit with BT, USB to push trendline stock along with other accessories package.

But VW being a German, I will not suprised if they use Blaupunkt adapters/wriring setup for audio.
Old 21st January 2011, 15:46   #32
BANNED

few new pics. got the sensors installed from VW itself for 4700 body colored. dint wanna bother getting stuff from outside. also installed pioneer 3200. hacked the dvd player as well so works without the handbrake as well. also got a new bike this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img2011012000126.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img2011012000129.jpg  

Old 24th January 2011, 01:13   #33
BANNED

300 kms up. mileage on display is showing 11
Old 24th January 2011, 23:23   #34
BANNED

few new pics. got the sensors installed from VW itself for 4700 body colored. dint wanna bother getting stuff from outside. also installed pioneer 3200. hacked the dvd player as well so works without the handbrake as well. also got a new bike this weekend.

many congrats jesal.How much did pioneer 3200DVD cost you from US if you dont mind telling. It is selling for Rs20786 on ebay india. Also how tough or easy was it to install it in the Vento.

I have a highline TDI MT booked but very disappointed with the stock ICE. would appreciate your reply.TC
Old 25th January 2011, 00:50   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteavaya View Post

many congrats jesal.How much did pioneer 3200DVD cost you from US if you dont mind telling. It is selling for Rs20786 on ebay india. Also how tough or easy was it to install it in the Vento.

I have a highline TDI MT booked but very disappointed with the stock ICE. would appreciate your reply.TC
i got the pioneer for 300 bucks from there. install took 20 mins at best. next upgrade speakers. more pics tomorrow i guess
Old 25th January 2011, 15:56   #36
BANNED

attaching some new pics. also the crack that an idiot skoda guy banged on the 3rd day itself. i dont know why people in india buy cars and dont know how to drive. typical bad habit of going to close to the tail. i had to pay a price for it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1760.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1750.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1753.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1767.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1766.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1769.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1770.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1771.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1772.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1774.jpg  

Old 25th January 2011, 16:00   #37
BANNED

more pics...................
Attached Thumbnails
The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1775.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1779.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1781.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1785.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1786.jpg  

Old 25th January 2011, 16:36   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely pics. Am following this thread closely, for obvious reasons! Good job on the HU- am still on stock but wondering if I should change. The VW accessories people told me not to, so am hesitant.
I laughed out loud at your statement about 11 kmpl after 300. Desi log change nahi hongay na? I keep a close watch on the monitor myself and this mornin it recorded a stunning 14kmpl on the short highway stretch on my commute. Came down to 10.x after the city stretch!
Old 27th January 2011, 19:04   #39
vcx
BHPian

Agree the HU looks cool, but wonder it could void the warranty on electricals .

It better get the VW folks do any updates and ensure warranty is intact, with the new car one should better avoid taking chances...

Any cosmetics mods are fine , but any fitments like tyres, electrical upgrades will hamper.
Old 27th January 2011, 19:12   #40
BHPian

Why did you remove the rear headrests? Any particular reason for this action of yours?

How much did you spent for getting the bumper touched up?

Drive safe.

Last edited by Surviving Brain : 27th January 2011 at 19:14.
Old 28th January 2011, 15:41   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Agree the HU looks cool, but wonder it could void the warranty on electricals .

It better get the VW folks do any updates and ensure warranty is intact, with the new car one should better avoid taking chances...

Any cosmetics mods are fine , but any fitments like tyres, electrical upgrades will hamper.
i have not done any cuttings in the originals cables at all. just joints. so no void. i asked in vw before i got it done and they said as long as not cutting all cool. i would have changed the tires as well but c drives are not in stock and not im too lazy to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Brain View Post
Why did you remove the rear headrests? Any particular reason for this action of yours?

How much did you spent for getting the bumper touched up?

Drive safe.
i just removed the headrests for my dad because i thought it will be easy for him to drive. turns out no one even drives this car. im not touching up the bumper will drive it like this for a year and then paint it. i live in india with full of idiot drivers around. more of this will happen surely. another reason i chose white since its cheap to maintain here and no matching issues of color like metallics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Lovely pics. Am following this thread closely, for obvious reasons! Good job on the HU- am still on stock but wondering if I should change. The VW accessories people told me not to, so am hesitant.
I laughed out loud at your statement about 11 kmpl after 300. Desi log change nahi hongay na? I keep a close watch on the monitor myself and this mornin it recorded a stunning 14kmpl on the short highway stretch on my commute. Came down to 10.x after the city stretch!
VW people here have crappy knowledge about everything. whats funny about the mileage i dint buy the car seeings its mileage i bought it to have fun in it. i put it up for those other people who still think that automatics are hard on fuel and still drive manual boxes and gift their drivers the cars to mess with them. i will be more than happy if i get 10+ on this car. car will be driven around 6000kms a year.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 28th January 2011 at 21:50. Reason: Please do not type the entire post in BOLD.
Old 31st January 2011, 10:52   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
AFAIK and understand from the VW delaer in Hyderabad, it could be Kenwood adapter.

Kenwood because, I understand its the OEM auido supplier for VW India and VW dealers are offering Kenwood unit with BT, USB to push trendline stock along with other accessories package.

But VW being a German, I will not suprised if they use Blaupunkt adapters/wriring setup for audio.
i dont mind finding original vw adapter for pioneer, the but the problem then might be that i have a relay connected in the deck so play video while driving. in stereos from usa its needed.
Old 31st January 2011, 19:25   #43
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i dont mind finding original vw adapter for pioneer, the but the problem then might be that i have a relay connected in the deck so play video while driving. in stereos from usa its needed.

Ya it better to play safe with VW for now until we see the fine details of spares, services, warranty points.

Check and take VW service folks into confidence while making any tweaks , have it updated in there service records for further reference.
Old 4th February 2011, 15:26   #44
BANNED

@jesal i got the pioneer for 300 bucks from there. install took 20 mins at best. next upgrade speakers. more pics tomorrow i guess

Great pics, it sure looks a beauty. For installing the 3200 did you also need any wiring harness, adapters, kits etc? I am also planning on 3250BT and was wondering what else do i need.

Drive Safe and Enjoy
Old 4th February 2011, 15:54   #45
Senior - BHPian

Car look beautiful with the audio HU installed. Is the screen or something detachable, would be worried about people trying to steal.

Did you have to buy the 2 DIN adaptor to install the Pioneer. Are these audio systems available in India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks