Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2011, 01:34   #1
BANNED

Its here after a month of waiting, my longest wait for a car till now... for now only pics since i have driven only 10 kms since delivery...

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-477487d1294171200windherevwventoimg_1732.jpg

I was looking to replace the honda city cvt which is now 5 years old and totally gave us all in the family a addiction of automatics. this is my 4th autobox in 5 years and i am definately not back to manuals unless its a nice car with a big engine or so. bombay is just not ready for all that day to day bumper traffic. about time people come out and face the facts. we do not have drivers at all in the family. all 3 in the family drive and like driving so automatics makes sense. atleast the drivers are not killing my car with their useless patterns to drive. i have driven around 25 kms in the car totally and its a fun and light car to drive. the engine is a bit loud i think to my taste but i guess its new since it sounded different on the first day and today. initially i was slated to get the blue color but parents dint seem keen so played safe and got white since easier to maintain and repaint. filled up the tank to the top and it took in 50 liters in one shot. higher than what ive filled in city, civic or i10. the DTE is showing 480 kms as of now can only update after the tank is over. the feature list is what i was floored with and bought this car. overall it wins over the city in the spec sheet easily. another reason is i already had the city and civic and wanted to try german so took the plunge. interiors are a fabulous place to be in. simple and clean no jazzy stuff like the german counterpart. the flippy key with boot open is wicked i can get used to it. as of now ive got floor mats, ordered seat covers in velvet/suede materials since its comfy and good for indian conditions. no leather stuff needed unless factory supplied. i need reverse sensors but in 2 minds to get from company at 4500 painted in white or get it from outside for around 3000. first time im in 2 minds for such a small thing. tires are going to be changed to yokohama c drives 195.60.15 keeping it almost stock and light on the wheel since in the city limits its highly needed. im not a big fan of the rear but i guess seeing it for 3 days its growing on me, one thing and this is the worst item in the car is the car stereo, in 2011 i want usb and aux in, vw picked out the cheapest stereo and plonked it in not a big fan of the stereo at all since the civic is rated far better. at almost 11 laks this car is too good for the features against the city which is almost 1 lak more and is simply not worth. ive noticed all tv programs saying city looks good and this and that, i know they have been paid for all that since looks arent the only factor one buys cars for. i hope to get witson car stereo in the future as of now no plans. i like the 6 speed autobox its much nicer than the civic since the civic pulls to higher revs, in the vento it glides well, you simply cannot say when it changes the shifts. but by far the CVT technology is much comfy in city limits surely, since there are no gears that change.

Update on 16th Jan 2011:

So here goes my review on the new automatic addiction in the family. We were in the market for replacing the Honda City CVT which served us for 5 years without any mechanical issues but the body panels are very cheap to talk about. So around diwali we were hunting for a new car and went to Honda to check the new city AT. My dad used the city every day for 5 years and drive around 20kms daily route. He hated the fact that if u hit the metal was more like paper and not really safe. We rejected it and waited around the vento came along and we checked it out in November, I had a clue it would be on waiting and im not used to wait for a new car over 15 days, this was a good exception which we waited a month. Saw the car in flesh and loved it but the dealer close to my house dint have a automatic, so left the showroom and drove the car same month later on in the town dealership. Its not exactly a racing car so I don't care about BHP and how fast it goes. I needed a car to replace and drive around city limits most of the time. So paid the santacruz dealer on nov 25 and waited along. I was told delivery sometime in febuary second week. It was a long wait but nothing to lose. So booked it by paying 75k. on 20 december I get a call from VW that the car has arrived, I was like OK. Since there was no loan and all the process was simple, paid in full and got the car on Christmas. There was no number or registration on the car but I dint want the car standing in the dealers yard so took it home and kept it. Got insurance on spot from my dealer that saved me 20k from the showroom quote. Initial choice of the car was going to be blue but showed the color to my parents they were not game for it so played safe and with no choice at all chose white. I would have loved the cherry red offered in Russian spec for the same car. More detailed report later as ive driven 200 kms on the car.

Things I liked :

Vw badge as ive always wanted to own one.
Nice looking car very german I prefer it over the city.
Excellent interiors, bland for some but I drive a civic everyday so this is a nice change.
The 6 speed automatic gear box, in the city it is superb. On highways yet to test.
Looks good in white.
Oil filter change can be done by kids too

Things I don't like :

The stereo should have had usb and aux in and also better sounding like the civics stock unit.
The beige flooring which will get jacked in about a years time for sure.
The ugly back, but growing over me now.
No color choice at all. All boring colors.
Would have liked steering controls.
195.60.15 should have been standard on the car.
Engine is a little loud for my taste, but I guess overtime will be normal.
Attached Thumbnails
The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1727.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1735.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1736.jpg  

The Wind is here - VW Vento AT-img_1739.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2011 at 20:14. Reason: Adding review to opening post
Old 5th January 2011, 01:36   #2
BHPian

Re: The Wind is here - VW Vento AT

Let me be the first one to congrat you!! Absolutely love interiors of all vw, and nice color choice! Hope you enjoy your ride!!
Old 5th January 2011, 01:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the latest purchase. White is the color on this car. Drive safe.

Last edited by Amartya : 5th January 2011 at 04:35.
Old 5th January 2011, 02:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Jes good one bro hearty congratulations the interiors look amazing
Old 5th January 2011, 02:40   #5
BHPian

Congratulation jesal, car interior looks plain and neat.

I guess this is the first AT Vento in our forum, correct me if I am wrong.

Awaiting for your ownership experience.
Old 5th January 2011, 04:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice one Jesal - one more addition to your all AT garage with the civic and i10!
drive safe - and update this thread with your experiences.
Old 5th January 2011, 10:59   #7
BHPian

Congratulations Jesal. I've fallen in love with this car!! I have no idea whats happening to me, I dream of this car, I don't eat properly, I close my eyes and this car comes in front of me. Oh God, this car is amazing.

Sir, please let us know how you feel driving the AT.

Yes I think this is the first AT Vento in T-BHP. Congrats again Jesal. Happy motoring and drive safe.
Old 5th January 2011, 11:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations Jesal.

Yes...that's the first Vento AT on Team BHP.

Looks stunning in White. Very good interiors.

Please do share more info such as the OTR price and other details as and when possible.

Enjoy!
Old 5th January 2011, 11:13   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey. Congrats Jesal. ! Good to see more Vento's riding into Tbhp and the first AT variant to join the club.

Waiting for your ownership report.

Enjoy your ride.!

Cheers.!
Old 5th January 2011, 12:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Jesal! Could you elaborate more on the dealer experience since Tornado Motors is a new dealership in Bombay. I didn't really have a good experience with VW Downtown.
And do write an ownership review before the mods lock your thread! Rules
Old 5th January 2011, 12:17   #11
BHPian

Did you consider any other's AT like City/SX4. Any comparison done with these will be helpful.
Old 5th January 2011, 13:43   #12
BHPian

Congrats on owning the first Vento AT in this forum.
Quite a lot of us are awaiting this ownership report. Kindly share your driving experiences.
Any upgrades planned?
Old 5th January 2011, 13:53   #13
BANNED

Congrats. Looks great. I have already flagged this thread. In a year or so I will be in the market for a replacement for my Santro AT, and will want only an AT. Keep us posted of the developments. Now that VW are there in Kanpur I may be interested.

Last edited by sgiitk : 5th January 2011 at 14:13.
Old 5th January 2011, 14:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the first Vento AT in the forum. Wishing you endless miles with her!

BTW, is the speedo console backlit in blue or is the camera playing tricks here? It is backlit in white for the Polos.
Old 5th January 2011, 15:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car, do let us know the mileage and gearshifts.

Also, this is not the first AT Vento on TBHP, Sahil had bought the first AT Vento (as far as I can remember)

Last edited by tanwaramit : 5th January 2011 at 15:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks