Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/94711-review-1st-gen-mahindra-thar-2011-2019-a-2.html)

This has to be most technical review I have ever read on Team-BHP. I could barely make out any sense of it. But fault is my ignorance. But one thing to be sure of. I don't think I will ever come across a review this much technically detailed ever. Not in Magazines, not in Channels not anywhere on internet. Only on Team-BHP.
clap: You Guys deserve a round of applause. clap:

Man..!! great review guys..Thank you for the detailed attention from everyone's perspective (Off-roaders and Lifestyle buyers). This is what I was waiting for before tearing my cheque leafs. Kudos to You Guys.!! You Rock!!

@M&M: The quality of interiors, A.C and Hardtop are the deal breakers for me and I think the case is same with many of the Thar buyers (read lifestyle buyers). If there are any plans in the future to upgrade Thar, please consider these facts without increasing the price.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Awesome review!!! Hats off to you guys!!!! Incredible attention to detail.. I am now eagerly waiting for the Thar to hit the showrooms here in Chennai so that I can have a TD.

Awesome review.

Really tempted to pick up a brand new Thar. If I did not have the CJ340. Consider one sold. Nevertheless, lets see. Hope to lay my hands on a used one, someday, hopefully.

Awesome review Shan & Tejas!! Rated 5 Stars.
@Shan: Why did you remove the rock on the river bed? :D Intelligent editing nevertheless.
Cheers,
Deepak

Great unbiased review, it may be just me or is it that the negatives seem so much more than the positives for a 7 lakh plus vehicle? Other than a good on road ride quality and a decent off road performance one really needs to have a deep think before writing a cheque. The pictures of the damages caused by the off road trial remind me of my first and only otr so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 2198431)
@Shan: Why did you remove the rock on the river bed? :D Intelligent editing nevertheless.

Actually that was my bad. I was shouting out to him when he had stopped so switched off the camera. The rock wasn't removed, it was just pushed down. No editing. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 2198435)
Actually that was my bad. I was shouting out to him when he had stopped so switched off the camera. The rock wasn't removed, it was just pushed down. No editing. :P

Alright Tejas. Another question, how do you rate the off-road trail on which you tested the Thar? Is it comparable to the Avalakonda trail?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 2198434)
The pictures of the damages caused by the off road trial remind me of my first and only otr so far.

Dear Hari,
Yep, that's true. These cosmetic add-ons are bound to break and its best, to remove them and keep them at home before heading to the trail. Actually, the more difficult to fix are the bent mount points of these accessories :D

Cheers,
Deepak

Khan saab / Tejas,

Wonderful unbiased report from a Gypsy owner and (ex) MM owner.

Questions!

1) Whose Thar is this? Tejas I suspect yours? Dont tell me MM let you trash a TD vehicle?
2) Did the Cat-converter or whatever it is hanging between the wheels get knocked a bit or a lot during the OTR?
3) As Solid Axle owners... did you feel the Articulation of the Thar was
a) negligibly less b) less or c) atrociously less
than the Solid Axle counterparts?
4) When is the MDi report out? If this TD is going to be in Bangalore ~ can I please be water boy/camera man/light man/handy man to help you guys with the report? PM me! :)

Nice review.

I found it to be very un-biased and neutral, kudos Khan bhai and Tejas. You have aptly listed the pros and cons of Thar CRDe. Now, when can we see the official review of the Thar DI ?

This is as thorough and objective a review as one will come across anywhere, thank you Shahnawaz and Tejas.

Thank you Jaggu for posting the link on FaceBook - this is too good to miss.

Whoa, I hardly understand Offroading & Offroading vehicles but this is probably one of the most comprehensive test reports ever. Kudos to Khan & Doc :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWolf (Post 2198456)
1) Whose Thar is this? Tejas I suspect yours? Dont tell me MM let you trash a TD vehicle?

This is not a private vehicle, vehicle was loaned by M&M wonly :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 2198462)
Thank you Jaggu for posting the link on FaceBook - this is too good to miss.

Thank you, glad that you like it.

Thats one hell of a review!!!!!. Review is international class, comparable to Autoblog, etc. It took me a hour to read every detail there. I don't know much about 4X4 and this review has helped me learn so many technical details about true off-road vehicle.

I agree with GTO, its well priced for a an object of desire. There is no other vehicle this side of 10lacs that offers, exterior looks to die for, diesel engine, 104BHP, decent highway cruise and with 90% off-road capabilities. Damn with interiors ,I for one, will buy it with closed eyes when I save enough money for this object of desire.

Actually I am not into offroading, let alone 4x4's and other jargons, but I have to applause the detailed review printed here. Kudos to you guys and the excellent quality review given clap:. 5 stars to the thread!