Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2011, 22:33   #16
BHPian

re: Took off with Grande Punto MJD EDIT : Tyres changed

Congrats rubbertramps on your new GP.

Punto is an excellent car and no hatchback comes close to its handling skills, it’s high time for Fiat to do some home work on their A.S.S.

5k KM in one month is bit high!! Did you get glued to your driver seat??
Old 9th January 2011, 12:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Have you had any ground clearance issues so far?
It is low. But not way too low to be mentionable in the negatives section . I did scrap twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Congrats rubbertramps on your new GP.

Punto is an excellent car and no hatchback comes close to its handling skills, it’s high time for Fiat to do some home work on their A.S.S.

5k KM in one month is bit high!! Did you get glued to your driver seat??

A couple of times in the Bangalore highway and once to Goa made it all.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 9th January 2011 at 23:50. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 9th January 2011, 22:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy buddy.

We've a Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD E+ at home and I must add that, I agree with majority of the things that you've listed here.

Few observations :

1)Out of my curiosity, let me ask - Why didn't you go for the Emotion Pack variant?

2)Do you plan to go for any accessories in the near future? Say, alloys, upgrade ICE, etc?

3)5000 km in a month? Do you sleep in the car by any chance buddy?

4) You've mentioned in your post that you become angry very quickly! So, does your blood boil quickly, when you're driving the car? (Don't take any offense, please)

5) Please get rid off that ugly dealer stickers. It spoils the beauty of your car.

6) Since you still have the Premier Padimini at home, can you please share some pics with us? For the record, I love Premier Padmini.

Drive safe. Wish you many many happy miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
The dashboard has this slight inclination towards the driver which makes the reach ability easier and appears solid from the inside.
The center console of Fiat Palio(that we had been using for several years) was slightly titled towards the driver, making the driver feel special.

Contrary to our observation, I didn't feel that the center console of Fiat Punto is slightly titled to the driver.

Quote:
The passenger side air bag portion in the E+ used as a storage in Emotion variant.
I had never thought that Fiat Punto Emotion has two glove-boxes. Can you please upload the pictures of the above mentioned storage space? I just want to know how big it is!

Quote:
The lower iron sheet covering the engine body was very mush useful at several occasions.
I didn't get you. Are you referring to the engine guard by any chance?

Quote:
Couple of iron rails where the frontal seat moves, is sharp and dangerous for the rear passenger. My friend had a slight damage when the car went overboard.
In our Fiat Punto, there is a plastic covering at the sharp edges on the rails. Doesn't your car have the same?

Quote:
Speed alarm sounds audible for the passenger more than the driver.
Why did you list this in the negatives? In our case, my mother always make my father to decrease the speed of the car, whenever she hears the speed limit alarm. Any day, I'll tag it as positive.

You can always decrease/increase the sound of the beep by accessing the 'My Car' settings menu.

Quote:
The missing blower alone. My friend with Santro came up with this. May I am not sure how to put only the air inflow without AC.
I guess, you haven't read the owner's manual completely. Jokes apart, you can switch the blower alone by pushing the rotary knob.

Last edited by Klub Class : 9th January 2011 at 22:36.
Old 9th January 2011, 22:50   #19
BHPian

5 k in one month. That is some serious driving buddy. Did you live "in" the car itself? Chill and take some rest as well. I know FIAT is addictive..but still 5k is cool!! (did 28k in a year.. but at the rate you are going.. i believe you will do 50k in a year)

Happy motoring and have fun!
Old 9th January 2011, 23:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!!! 5K in 1 month? That's really some serious driving. If you continue at this rate this will be another story like the Swift one ( 3yrs & 2L kms )

But still, congrats on your new drive. How did you find the interior fit and finish? Are there any gaps in the keyhole/steering stalk, as pointed out in some threads?
Old 10th January 2011, 00:28   #21
BHPian

5000 kms in a month !
Dont know what you are upto but it was a intersting to read your long drives during stress.

Safe and happy Motoring !
Old 10th January 2011, 08:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Congratulations on your new buy buddy.

We've a Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD E+ at home and I must add that, I agree with majority of the things that you've listed here.

Few observations :

1)Out of my curiosity, let me ask - Why didn't you go for the Emotion Pack variant?

As simple as that. Emotion variant was also out of budget. Since ABS decided to stretch a lil bit. E+ was out of question.

2)Do you plan to go for any accessories in the near future? Say, alloys, upgrade ICE, etc?

Yes. If not alloys atleast a tyre upgrade is necessary. and ICE definitely yeah
3)5000 km in a month? Do you sleep in the car by any chance buddy?

May be just the first month. Was really excited. Hopefully will subside in the coming months.

4) You've mentioned in your post that you become angry very quickly! So, does your blood boil quickly, when you're driving the car? (Don't take any offense, please)

No offense at all. While driving keep my cool for the benefit of me as well as others. Venting would mean a serene drive with soothing music.

5) Please get rid off that ugly dealer stickers. It spoils the beauty of your car.

Hmm.

6) Since you still have the Premier Padimini at home, can you please share some pics with us? For the record, I love Premier Padmini.

The below is the post related to my Padmini. We still have him.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...post-pics.html

Drive safe. Wish you many many happy miles.

The center console of Fiat Palio(that we had been using for several years) was slightly titled towards the driver, making the driver feel special.

Contrary to our observation, I didn't feel that the center console of Fiat Punto is slightly titled to the driver.

Oh. Perceptions differs!

I had never thought that Fiat Punto Emotion has two glove-boxes. Can you please upload the pictures of the above mentioned storage space? I just want to know how big it is!

Sure. Yet to take the interior pictures.

I didn't get you. Are you referring to the engine guard by any chance?

Yes.

In our Fiat Punto, there is a plastic covering at the sharp edges on the rails. Doesn't your car have the same?

NO.There aint

Why did you list this in the negatives? In our case, my mother always make my father to decrease the speed of the car, whenever she hears the speed limit alarm. Any day, I'll tag it as positive.

You can always decrease/increase the sound of the beep by accessing the 'My Car' settings menu.

Yes.But whenever you are driving alone and the engine is in run in period i felt it was a negative. But may be this point adds up to both sides of the coin.

I guess, you haven't read the owner's manual completely. Jokes apart, you can switch the blower alone by pushing the rotary knob.
Yes. My ignorance. I was busy driving all the time.
Old 10th January 2011, 08:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
5 k in one month. That is some serious driving buddy. Did you live "in" the car itself? Chill and take some rest as well. I know FIAT is addictive..but still 5k is cool!! (did 28k in a year.. but at the rate you are going.. i believe you will do 50k in a year)

Happy motoring and have fun!

But still, congrats on your new drive. How did you find the interior fit and finish? Are there any gaps in the keyhole/steering stalk, as pointed out in some threads?

No. I am slowing down. The acceleration was the excitement in the first month.

Regarding fit i did'nt find any irregular panel gaps. The finish is good. No complaints.
Old 10th January 2011, 11:06   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I am kind of this angry young man as called by my friends. I vent my anger by taking a really long drive in my bike till it subsides.
Dude you need help (visit a shrink), never heard of this stuff, you get angry and you vent it out by driving away? I seriously worry if you get into some altercation on the road.

Congrats on the buy though!
Old 10th January 2011, 18:20   #25
BHPian

@Karthikk:
Thanks a ton for the wonderfull comment. You made me regret the fact for putting up something personal over the net. Lesson learnt.
Old 10th January 2011, 22:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Have you had any ground clearance issues so far?
Yes I had problems with ground clearance. Especially the front over hang. But now I understood one thing, if you are a bit slow on the potholes or speed breakers ground clearance is not an issue.
Old 11th January 2011, 10:26   #27
BHPian

Congrats on your new Car. I do own a 90 HP variant and its an absolute addiction once you start driving punto.I can understand how you are munching miles.I myself have completed 10 k in 3 months. Bangalore - chennai route is too good and if you are driving light footed you can see 26 kmpl.In my last Chennai trip i saw similar figures in my MID too.
Wishing you more miles and miles of happy punto-ing.
Old 17th January 2011, 13:01   #28

Congrats Rubbertramp! Appreciate for your creative snaps. Enjoy your miles with your GP.
Old 17th February 2013, 10:15   #29
BHPian

Yes, its been a long time since i ve made any updates on this thread. I ve decided to make it a long one. I ve started to be active on the forum lately ! Better late than never.

Updates about the car.

Kms done : 46470 kms

Time Taken : 2 Years and 2 months

15000 Km Service: Rs 6000
Done at the VST Motors, Chennai. The majors where the fuel filter change and the Engine Oil. Brake Pads were not changed !

30000 Km Service : Rs 9500
Done at Prerana Motors, Bengaluru. The majors included the following.
1.Fuel Filter Change. Rs 1753
2.Engine Oil Rs 1825
3.Brake Pad Set Rs 2622
4.Wheel Alignment Rs 350
5.Air Filter Rs290
6.Oil Filter Rs 350
7.Brake Pad Change Labour: Rs 350
8.One side Wheel Arch was missing and replace: Rs 330

45000 Km Service: Prerana Motors :Paid Service. The majors included the following
The usual ones from the 30000km service. Along with it, since the car completed 2 years, the recommendation was to change all the fluids.
The extras where
1.Transmission Oil : Rs 875
2.Power Steering Oil Synthetic 1 ltr: Rs 430
3.PreMix Coolant 1 ltr: Rs 1222
4.Brake Liquid: Rs 169
5.Paid Service: Rs 1485
6.Scheduled Brake System Check: Rs 5000

Total: Rs 10744

I insisted to the service supervisor that i use a lot of engine braking, so the brake pads might not have worn out. He came back saying it might last a nother 3000kms. May be since i used the term engine braking, i saved myself another 3k kms .

Finally, the tyres were worn out. The JKs definitely needed change with a side wall bulge along with uneven wear and tear. I was waiting for some dough and in the mean time was making my research on Michelins, BridgeStones and the latest to the bandwagon the ZLO's.

Tyre Change Experience: Coming Soon
Mods: Please change the title suffixing the same with Updates and Tyre Change. Thanks

Teaser: Took off with Grande Punto MJD EDIT : Tyres changed-imag0117.jpg
Old 17th February 2013, 12:14   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, its been a long time since i ve made any updates on this thread. I ve decided to make it a long one. I ve started to be active on the forum lately ! Better late than never.

Updates about the car.

Kms done : 46470 kms

Time Taken : 2 Years and 2 months

15000 Km Service: Rs 6000
Done at the VST Motors, Chennai. The majors where the fuel filter change and the Engine Oil. Brake Pads were not changed !

30000 Km Service : Rs 9500
Done at Prerana Motors, Bengaluru. The majors included the following.
1.Fuel Filter Change. Rs 1753
2.Engine Oil Rs 1825
3.Brake Pad Set Rs 2622
4.Wheel Alignment Rs 350
5.Air Filter Rs290
6.Oil Filter Rs 350
7.Brake Pad Change Labour: Rs 350
8.One side Wheel Arch was missing and replace: Rs 330

45000 Km Service: Prerana Motors :Paid Service. The majors included the following
The usual ones from the 30000km service. Along with it, since the car completed 2 years, the recommendation was to change all the fluids.
The extras where
1.Transmission Oil : Rs 875
2.Power Steering Oil Synthetic 1 ltr: Rs 430
3.PreMix Coolant 1 ltr: Rs 1222
4.Brake Liquid: Rs 169
5.Paid Service: Rs 1485
6.Scheduled Brake System Check: Rs 5000

Total: Rs 10744

I insisted to the service supervisor that i use a lot of engine braking, so the brake pads might not have worn out. He came back saying it might last a nother 3000kms. May be since i used the term engine braking, i saved myself another 3k kms .

Finally, the tyres were worn out. The JKs definitely needed change with a side wall bulge along with uneven wear and tear. I was waiting for some dough and in the mean time was making my research on Michelins, BridgeStones and the latest to the bandwagon the ZLO's.

Tyre Change Experience: Coming Soon
Mods: Please change the title suffixing the same with Updates and Tyre Change. Thanks

Teaser:
Thanks for the updates!

The wheel arch mudliner is a known problem now. The Front LHS mudliner was broken once & replaced in my Punto, now its the Front RH side's chance :-P. Will have to visit the service centre to fix it soon.

I didn't quite get what Scheduled Brake system check meant. It costs 5k?

Last edited by Rufus_M : 17th February 2013 at 12:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks