Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 18:59   #1

My New Chevrolet Beat - PS - Misty Lake

Hello everyone,

I finally got my Chevrolet Beat delivered on 5th January 2011, which I had booked some time ago on 17th December 2010. I will share my experience with you all.

I had initially set my eyes on Alto K -10, after reading some rave reviews. I started looking for a car sometime toward the end of November 2010.

Finance:
I had a pre approved car loan from HDFC, my banker. I wanted to keep the loan amount to the minimum possible. I got 9.5% interest rate for a 60 month loan, given that I have a salary account with HDFC bank.

Scouting for a Car:

I test drove some cars like Alto K -10, Figo, Wagon R, Estillo, Swift, Santro, i-10 and Chevrolet Beat.

Alto K-10: I liked the engine but disliked the interiors and thought it is very common to see an Alto on the raod.

Santro: Lacked power

i-10: Overall a nice car but felt it was bit too delicate and didn't match my with my kind of temperament.

Figo: I was not too satisfied with the ford dealership sales guys and the car it self didn't appeal too much to me.

Wagon R: The new Wagon R K - Series has a better responsive engine than before and the interiors are decent. The gear shift is smooth and my head kind of said "this is the Car"

Estillo: Totally not appealing, I drove it just for the sake of it. Overall an under performer.

Swift: is sexy, macho and I liked it but out of my budget, long waiting period of 3 - 4 months. Even the LXI version is 5 Lakh + on road in Bangalore.

Beat: This cars looks were amazing. Tough Sexy Smart as Chevrolet defines it, I quite agreed with them. Ride quality is superb for a hatchback. Everything for under 4 Lakh - absolute VFM. This car seemed to go well with my temperament also.
Sales Staff at "Trident Chevrolet", Bangalore were very supportive. The let me do a spin with the Demo Car. I tested it for 26 km on the first run.
Visibility was a concern though, but Team - BHP helped rationalize this issue. I referred to posts by other Team - BHP members to know that one gets used to it after sometime.

Booking:

I booked the "Chevrolet - Beat PS - Misty Lake" with Trident Chevrolet on 17th December 2010. They promised to deliver the car by 26th or 27th December 2010. I Paid 10,000 as the booking amount.

I got a 20,000 year end discount + 4000 corporate discount

Free accessories: Mud Flaps, Sun Film, Floor and Boot Mats, Perfume, Idol, Teflon Coating, Auto Cop.

A Few Hiccups:

I called Tirdent on 24th December 2010 to ensure the delivery in two or three days. They told me that the "PS - Misty Lake" was not available in the inventory and there won't be any manufacturing after 24th December. I was disappointed and was about to cancel the booking. Then they asked me to wait for a couple of day. In 2 days they ensured that the car will be delivered but in January. I was OK with that if the price was not affected. I got the price assurance after talking to the sales manager.

In the meanwhile I just test drove another vehicle as the vehicle on the first run had a poor pickup in the 2nd gear. This other car had the ECU mapped so the 2nd gear drag was improved.

Finally after another week the delivery was fixed on 5th January. That ways I have a 2011 registered car.

The 'D - Day':

I took my wife with me for the delivery of the car. Before that the PDI was done in the yard.

I got a full demo of the car from "Binny" - Sales Consultant at Trident Chevrolet. He was very professional through out.

Here are some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
My New Chevrolet Beat - PS - Misty Lake-chevy_baby01.jpeg  

My New Chevrolet Beat - PS - Misty Lake-chevy_baby02.jpeg  

My New Chevrolet Beat - PS - Misty Lake-ayrtonsenna.jpeg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th January 2011 at 21:30. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editor like word. Do a Preview before Submitting posts.
Old 7th January 2011, 15:18   #2
BHPian

Re: My New Chevrolet Beat - PS - Misty Lake

Congratulations on your acquisition!! Looks great-now that you have driven it for a while whats the feel?? What about the rear seat passengers??
Old 7th January 2011, 16:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Man.
The car and the MAN with those aviator shades , looks smart :-).
You said that the onroad price was below 4 lacs, if you dont mid could you please share the breakup .
Any upgrades planned ?
Anyways drive safe and take care .

cheers
Old 7th January 2011, 16:34   #4
BANNED

hey man!
firstly congratulations on the car! it looks great.
It would be great if u uploaded some detailed interior pictures and your initial ownership experience.
Old 7th January 2011, 16:55   #5
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase!

Its hard to find a fellow PS owner, with the LT being the most vfm/moving variant. Do add the LHS ORVM as soon as possible, you will need it.
It doesn't cost much to make the front(exterior) look almost like the LT as well. I've done that to mine.
Though i terribly miss the beautifully lit-up center console and the rear seat headrests.

Enjoy the ride!
Old 7th January 2011, 18:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. To be honest, this is the first time i am seeing a beat in this color. Its always been a red or the wonderful green. Looks less sporty and more classic. Definitely easier to maintain than the red and if i am right the red is a solid paint compared to the metallic finish here.

The front end looks huge in this picture. Nice angle to give it a bold look standing tall.
Old 7th January 2011, 22:08   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Congrats Man.
The car and the MAN with those aviator shades , looks smart :-).
You said that the onroad price was below 4 lacs, if you dont mid could you please share the breakup .
Any upgrades planned ?
Anyways drive safe and take care .

cheers
Yes Sure:

Ex Show Room: 353,105/-
Road tax: 50,494/-
DeliveryCharges: 5,200/-
Insurance: 13,167/-
Standarrd Fitment: 1200/-

Less: 20,000/- [Off season discount] + 4000/- [Corporate Discount]

Total: 399,166/- On Road
Old 8th January 2011, 00:26   #8
BHPian

Congrats on your new Beat, Car looks stunning in the second pic.

Do tell us about your ownership experience.

happy and safe motoring.
Old 8th January 2011, 00:43   #9

3 days and clocked 231 km on the ODO. When I took delivery the odometer reading was 27 km. On the first run after ownership, I drove it for about 14 km, part on the Outer Ring Road, Bangalore and then some crowded areas with heavy traffic. Hardly managed the 4th gear a couple of times.

I have not gone beyond the 2500 RPM till now. Today I had a chance to drive on the BIAL road from Hebbal to Yelahanka. In the 5th gear the car reached 100+ kmph at 2300+ RPM, with ease. My Dad was sitting beside me so I had to slow down. There was no noticeable roaring sound as suspected beyond 2000 RPM. Yes, its true, the steering feels light at higher speeds.

Mileage: 13 - 14 kmpl on City with 70% B2B traffic and 30% Outer Ring Road and the like, with 20% A/C. I have not filled the tank yet.

The Rear seats are very comfortable for city ride and there is loads of leg room for an average person. As for the bumpy roads I would say,
"Beat will take the best care of you if don't put her into too much stress".

This weekend I am getting the tank filled and review the mileage. Probably on the NICE road. Planning to go to Banergatta National Park.

Planning to go on a Highway trip next weekend. Maybe Chikmaglur or Mysore any suggestions???

I'll soon update some off - road stuff.
Old 8th January 2011, 11:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Good choice. Please post some pics of interiors.
Old 8th January 2011, 17:41   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks