Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2011, 19:14   #31
BHPian

Re: Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)

Here is the second batch of photographs
Attached Thumbnails
Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-11.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-12.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-13.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-14.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-15.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-16.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-17.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-18.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-19.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-20.jpg  

Old 30th January 2011, 16:11   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm
Hi Bhushan,
I'm planning to buy an Innova. I was actually looking at the threads & your posts(ur innove photos). The seat covers look awesome, ,matching the vehicle color. I'm planning for the same color too. Hence just wanted to know what brand of leather it is & the money you spent on it . I think your's is a GX model & you did the wooden finishing as an addition, if so where & watz the costing there, including the wooden piece in the steering.

Kindly update me.
Thanks
VIjay
Hi vijay, i am posting your question here so that is helpful for others also.

Well i have mentioned the pricing of the interiors and other details on the first page along with my write up.

As far as independent costings go:

The wooden panels on the doors and ac vents cost around Rs.8500

The half wooden steering wheel comes at a price of Rs.8500

The leather seat covers/gear lever/door softpads come at around 7500.

You do have an option of compromising on quality of the art leather and getting only the seat covers done for 2500/-

Cheers!
Old 30th January 2011, 19:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Excellent car, glad that you are thrilled to bits by the INNOVA. And all your words carry so much weight for me since I too own a SAFARI and am thinking about the INNOVA next.

I feel you would be able to squeeze out extra money or find a buyer faster when you sell on the INNOVA, if ever you plan to do that

Cheers
Old 30th January 2011, 21:00   #34
BANNED

man, i must say. The interiors of your car are simply breathtaking and totally worth the money you spent!
The looks are absolutely flawless! Enjoy your car. How do u maintain the white color of the interiors? Any specific tips?
Old 30th January 2011, 21:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz
Hi vijay, i am posting your question here so that is helpful for others also.

Well i have mentioned the pricing of the interiors and other details on the first page along with my write up.

As far as independent costings go:

The wooden panels on the doors and ac vents cost around Rs.8500

The half wooden steering wheel comes at a price of Rs.8500

The leather seat covers/gear lever/door softpads come at around 7500.

You do have an option of compromising on quality of the art leather and getting only the seat covers done for 2500/-

Cheers!
Thanks for sharing the details . I saw an article in Autocar, which says that the current Innova will go through a facelift in 2012 with major changes in style, lights & interior panels. Hence i'm thinking on whether to wait till next year & go with the new model, not to mention that I generally do not have much patience

Last edited by aah78 : 9th June 2011 at 18:42. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 31st January 2011, 00:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Excellent car, glad that you are thrilled to bits by the INNOVA. And all your words carry so much weight for me since I too own a SAFARI and am thinking about the INNOVA next.

I feel you would be able to squeeze out extra money or find a buyer faster when you sell on the INNOVA, if ever you plan to do that

Cheers
The best part youll feel post the safari is the lack of bumpiness, atleast i felt in mine. Though the ride position and the feeling of owning the road which you get in the safari is missing here, but the other goodies make up for it.

I was getting a good resale for my safari so thought of selling it off first and then think for the next car, though it dint require much thinking to finalize on the innova.

The innova does have a great resale, but that was not the first thing which came across my mind when i wanted to buy the car , but when i wanted to do the interiors i did take the resale into consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
man, i must say. The interiors of your car are simply breathtaking and totally worth the money you spent!
The looks are absolutely flawless! Enjoy your car. How do u maintain the white color of the interiors? Any specific tips?
Thanks for the compliments. The white colour which you are referring to is actually light grey in colour. Right now the only maintenace that Im doing is roll up the windows to avoid the dust and hire a guy for 300 bucks a month to clean the car inside out with a clean cloth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
Thanks for sharing the details . I saw an article in Autocar, which says that the current Innova will go through a facelift in 2012 with major changes in style, lights & interior panels. Hence i'm thinking on whether to wait till next year & go with the new model, not to mention that I generally do not have much patience
If you are ready to wait untill 2012 im sure youll also get quite a bit of other options to chose from as well. The toyota avanza is also speculated to be launched and will cost much lesser than the innova, more in the range of the xylo.

you can look at the pics here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ing-india.html

- Drive Hard, Drive Safe!
Old 31st January 2011, 16:45   #37
BANNED

I personally do not think the avanza will be launched in inda. With its petrol engine, there is not much scope. But it would be cool to see how toyota plans to manage this. Lets wait and watch. In my opinion, if you are impatient and cannot wait for the new innova to be launched, go for the current one. it is no less.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:54   #38
BHPian

where did you take these pictures. It seems to be a nice place for picnic
Old 31st January 2011, 17:56   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcrpl View Post
where did you take these pictures. It seems to be a nice place for picnic
You need to get to a place called Dapoli. Its around 250kms from Mumbai on NH-17 (alibaug-goa highway)

From there on there are several beaches in the vicinity, karde, harnai, etc.

Theres also a fort in the sea, Sindhudurg i think not sure.

You could google them out.

Crazy sea food!
Old 31st January 2011, 18:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz View Post
The best part youll feel post the safari is the lack of bumpiness, atleast i felt in mine.
Yes, the Innova's suspension has the suppleness of a sedan's, so the bumps on the road get absorbed quite well.

The suspension is soft yet superbly damped, with the damping and spring rates tuned quite well, as I experienced in my friend's Innova recently. This is one of the major USPs of this car.

Congrats on your vehicle, Bhushan, looks great in grey !

The pic showing your vehicle beginning to come down on the road is one of the best images I have seen of the Innova
Old 1st February 2011, 16:07   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post

Congrats on your vehicle, Bhushan, looks great in grey !

The pic showing your vehicle beginning to come down on the road is one of the best images I have seen of the Innova
Thanks, it was a fluke shot though, but nonetheless

___

Does any of you know if the innova comes with central locking?? like all doors lock automatically when achieved a particular speed?

My friends fortuner does, my innova having the same security jig does not.

Probably it doesnt have that feature else Im heading straight to the service center!

Its very inconvenient plus a security threat, cuz all doors unlock when i use the key to get in.. and they remain unlocked until i use the key to lock em again.
Old 1st February 2011, 23:00   #42
BANNED

Quote:

___

Does any of you know if the innova comes with central locking?? like all doors lock automatically when achieved a particular speed?

Probably it doesnt have that feature else Im heading straight to the service center!

Its very inconvenient plus a security threat, cuz all doors unlock when i use the key to get in.. and they remain unlocked until i use the key to lock em again.
The innova does not have the particular feature of locking itself automatically when achieved a particular speed. Sadly, you will have to do it manually.
Old 1st February 2011, 23:25   #43

Congrats Bhushan on your new car!! Innova looks great with new interiors and I have never seen such a great looking Innova. It looks cool!! Happy Driving.
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:17   #44
BHPian

Congrats Bhushan. The car looks fab and the interiors simply exemplary. Btw, I have the same Pioneer HU as you do and it suits the Innova to a T
Old 9th June 2011, 15:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
The innova does not have the particular feature of locking itself automatically when achieved a particular speed. Sadly, you will have to do it manually.
I have the 8 seater Grey Mica GX May 2010 model. Your key looks different with the remote lock. I have a separate fob for the remote lock. Once in a while there is some combination that disables the auto-lock that happens after a speed is reached. Everytime this happens, I wait for a service and the dealer's accessories guy resets it. He says not to use the lock/unlock buttons on the remote lock when the ignition is on but I dont really know the reason. Maybe you should talk to the dealer as I think there are different ways the remote locks operate based on some configurations.

Quote:

___

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks