Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2011, 01:06   #16
BHPian

Re: My Ritz: The Journey of a Car Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Thats good, could please let me know the part no for the same, actually im also in the lookout for the same .
I don't see the same listed in the Ritz's accessories PDF from maruti.
Cheers
Actually most Maruti showrooms have the Nippon Maruti bluetooth set which is for 3K. Got the same one.
Old 16th January 2011, 10:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Test drove Ritz diesel yesterday.
I found the my left arm not getting enough space while keeping my hand on the gear knob. The bucket seat obstructs my arm movement.
Old 16th January 2011, 21:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Congrats on your new Ritz ZXI and we wish you many, many kms of eventful and pleasant drives in the future.

I too had the recent task of shortlisting a new car, albeit, with a lower budget of Rs 4.5 lakh here in Goa. My finalists were the two excellent competitors, the Ritz LXI and I10 1.2 Magna. You may find my ownership experience at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-dwarfs.html

While the Ritz ZXI may appear to be more value for money in comparison to the I10 Asta (and you seem justified in your decision to opt for the ZXI), the situation was quite the opposite for the lower variants, especially when I compared the Ritz LXI with the I10 1.2 Magna.

While it is true that the Ritz LXI is a "3BHK" and an I10 a "2BHK" as you have put it, a close comparison of the two variants made me prefer the "fully furnished 2 BHK" in comparison to the "empty 3BHK". In other words, for Rs 4.3 Lakh, I had an I10 with 4 power windows, central locking, D/N mirror, electric rear view mirrors, tachometer, gear shift indicator, etc. For the same amount, the Ritz LXI only had the benefit of larger cabin space and split rear seats on it.

But more than the furnishing/fitments, the relatively greater body roll on the Ritz, especially on sharp turns, was a major deal breaker for us. In contrast, we found the I10 to have much less body roll. Given the fact that my wife and our 3-yr-old daughter do not adjust too well during heavy body roll, it was the I10 for us. By the way, my wife's brother has a Ritz LDI and we have had pleasant drives in that car.

The cabin space is indeed great on the Ritz, but when I have to squeeze inside a narrow parking slot on a busy road in Panjim, I am grateful for having chosen a compact car with decent cabin space.

I quite agree with you on the poor quality of the music player on the Ritz ZXI. When we test drove the ZXI (the demo car was a ZXI), the music player was quite poor (but thankfully better than one on the new Wagon-R, which, in my opinion, is a disaster).

We really liked the music player on the Figo, followed by the I10, in the demo cars that we had tested. But in any case, the I10 Magna (and LXI variant of the Ritz) does not come with an integrated music player and hence, our comparison of music players was purely academic.

Do post us some snaps of you car. Happy driving.
Hi, I did indeed check out your review before buying mine and I think you made the best decision. It a deliberate ploy by Maruti to undervalue its Ritz top end model to ensure it eats into i 10 sportz and asta sales. You made the best decision for that budget. And you are absolutely right about the better interiors in i 10. Much better quality for plastics and fiber in Hyundai.
Old 16th January 2011, 21:32   #19
BHPian

Update Drive to Lavasa and Pics

Took my Ritz to Lavasa and back today. The car revs beautifully in the hills. Absolutely no power issues at all. Started the journey 11:00 AM from home with wife and grandmother. Had an early lunch for myself and family and gave the car her dose of food by putting in petrol for 2000 bucks. Started by taking Baner Pashan link road, went on to Chandni Chowk and finally on Lavasa road. The car tackled the highs and lows that accompany the ghats with consummate ease. I overtook Buses, Auto's, six seaters, and other vehicles easily without needing to move down one gear. Took me around 1 Hr to reach Lavasa from Aundh. While returning decided to take the Bombay Pune expressway to reach home quickly and that was a really bad decision. 2 KMs into the highway, some dude had crashed off an overhead bridge into the highway and landed on top of another car. The highway was jammed for around 4-5 Kms and it took an hour and a lot of fuel to move bumper to bumper with everyone around. Thankfully, am a good driver and my car is shy so we did not kiss any of the other cars around while navigating 5Kms on this route. Finally when the traffic opened a Ford Ikon dude was accelerating in front of me, when he blew his left tyre. That went off like a gun shot and he was lucky enough to find a small corner where he could navigate his car and start replacing the tyre. Reach home after an eventful day and fully satisfied with the performance of my baby boy.
Old 16th January 2011, 23:24   #20
BHPian

Congrats for the Ritz, akshay & welcome to the forum. ZXi does seem to be a better option than the i10 Asta, the latter is just not VFM.
However, we could do with some snaps of the car. Also, which kind of reverse sensors have you bought for the Ritz?
Old 17th January 2011, 10:01   #21
BHPian

Pictures

Hi Guyz

Have attached some pictures to this post.

Warm Regards
Akshay
Attached Thumbnails
My Ritz: The Journey of a Car Novice-dscn8320.jpg  

My Ritz: The Journey of a Car Novice-dscn8329.jpg  

My Ritz: The Journey of a Car Novice-dscn8330.jpg  

My Ritz: The Journey of a Car Novice-dscn8331.jpg  

My Ritz: The Journey of a Car Novice-dscn8332.jpg  

Old 17th January 2011, 10:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the Ritz, akshay & welcome to the forum. ZXi does seem to be a better option than the i10 Asta, the latter is just not VFM.
However, we could do with some snaps of the car. Also, which kind of reverse sensors have you bought for the Ritz?
Hey Buddy

He installed a mirror on top of the rear view mirror that provides a visual of the car and its surroundings. Its not a camera but more of an imaging technique where the car is highlighted in red and obstructions in the rear side are shown. The sensor starts beeping if anything is closer than 1.5 mt. Got it installed from Chowgule itself.
Old 17th January 2011, 15:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Akshay on the new Ritz and also for selecting the right dealer in Pune.

Took the delivery of Alto K10 for my MIL on Saturday at Chowgule. I was impressed with their service. They arranged for everything right from the Coconut, Puja material etc. Also gave a sweet box. Took our snap in front of the car and the same was printed and given to us before we left. They also have complimentary pick up for servicing the vehicle for all lady drivers (even for an Alto). Overall a very good experience. I was reminded of my bad delivery experience at Pandit Auto for Vista.

Have a safe drive.

Cheers,
Amit
Old 17th January 2011, 17:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Congrats Akshay on the new Ritz and also for selecting the right dealer in Pune.

Took the delivery of Alto K10 for my MIL on Saturday at Chowgule. I was impressed with their service. They arranged for everything right from the Coconut, Puja material etc. Also gave a sweet box. Took our snap in front of the car and the same was printed and given to us before we left. They also have complimentary pick up for servicing the vehicle for all lady drivers (even for an Alto). Overall a very good experience. I was reminded of my bad delivery experience at Pandit Auto for Vista.

Have a safe drive.

Cheers,
Amit

Are these Chowgule dealers in Pune the same ones who have branches in Goa? If so, I would highly recommend their service as I have had pleasant experience with them at Panjim. The sticker (which I promptly removed on my Alto the day I purchased the car two years ago) on Akshay's Ritz seems to suggest that they are the same Chowgule dealers.
Old 17th January 2011, 17:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is the same. In fact they started the Maruti Dealer Ship first in Goa and then in other locations. Maruti Dealership is just one of the many different businesses Chowgule industries is into.

And by the way i also got the big sticker removed from the Alto at the time of delivery

Cheers,
Amit
Old 19th January 2011, 02:32   #26
BHPian

Congrats Akshay on your new acquisition!!!

Btw, that 2BHK and 3BHk comparison was crafted very creatively.

Since the car would be still in run-in, make sure to keep the tacho below 2500rpm. At 2500rpm in 5th gear ritz can easily touch 90kmph and thats quite a respectable speed.

Happy driving
Old 19th January 2011, 07:43   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Akshay, welcome to TBHP, the car owner's fraternity and the Maruti family in that order! Your ownership experience is simple yet heartfelt. I confess I was biased againstthe Ritz for its looks (am a Swift owner) but after I read GTO's awesome review my opinion changed and am able to look at it in a new light. I mean it still looks ugly at the back but one is more charitable now! Congrats and ish you many happy miles.

Regarding the difficulty engaging reverse, please depress the clutch FULLY before engaging reverse. As for parking in tight spots, it takes only practice, practice and more practice and am sure the reverse sensors will help no end.

Chowgule is an excellent choice- I have written good things about his service in the reviews section. The gold framed photograph is a nice touch!

All the best and keep posting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks