Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2011, 11:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i-10 VTVT Automatic

It helps to be in the part of Pune is travel to for work. Its relatively less crowded. But the Kappa2 is definitely the main reason for that. Plus the engine refinement is just unreal since the last 2000 Km and getting better ! Congratulations again Mpower !!

blackasta - I could not get the iPod to be controlled from the USB the one time i tried to. I think i need to put some more attention to get it working.
Old 25th January 2011, 00:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
This explains your interest in my A*-AT thread. :-)
Thanks SB. A-star is a fine car but the way they specced it did not hit the sweet spot for me personally. Fail to understand why they would not offer airbags, belt pre-tensioners etc (Zxi?) on what is clearly understood as being a lifestyle product (AT petrol). I feel they should either do a super VFM A/T like an Alto-K10-A/T or offer a proper A*Zxi AT as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Loosing 1" will harden it a bit but it will still be sufficiently comfortable.
I was planning to do 14" mostly do to lack of good tire choices in 13" but looks like ContientalECOContact is offered. Thinking 165/75 or close but but need a 4.5" wide wheel.

I wonder if the majority of improvement is coming from the tire compound, the enhanced width or the move to 14" wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Did you try any ipod on the usb? can the ipod be controlled from the HU once its connected?
@Blacksata.Thanks.
You mean the aux port? I'll check out the manual, have an iphone not ipod but should be the same.

Last edited by Mpower : 2nd April 2013 at 22:13.
Old 25th January 2011, 05:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
@Blacksata.Thanks.
You mean the aux port? I'll check out the manual, have an iphone not ipod but should be the same.
I was talking about the USB port - it has one right?
Old 25th January 2011, 10:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
A-star is a fine car but the way they specced it did not hit the sweet spot for me personally. Fail to understand why they would not offer airbags, belt pre-tensioners etc (Zxi?) on what is clearly understood as being a lifestyle product (AT car).
Yeah, I wish they had put in atleast airbags - would have been glad to pay. More so because the nearest (and only) competition would still be 70-K odd costlier, even after adding airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I feel they should either do a super VFM A/T like the AltoK10 A/T or offer a proper A*Zxi AT as an option.
Might take some time, but I am sure we will reach the stage where AT will be available on all trim levels.
Old 26th January 2011, 23:02   #35
BHPian

Hey mpower congrats on your buy.

I had bought a i10 kappa auto 8months back for my wife, its a grt city car. Good for our bangalore traffic. It constantly gives 10kmpl with 50%a/c & 16kmpl on highway with 30-40% a/c when I took it out once.

HAPPY MOTORING
Old 27th January 2011, 16:03   #36
BHPian

Congrats Mpower. I like the styling of new i10 better esp ORVM indicators give it a very upmarket look. Wish i could retrofit these into mine (Can i?). I am sure you also get the habit of checking every i10's back for the "Auto" badge. And whenever you are in crawling traffic you will pat your own back for choosing the right car for Bangalore.
Old 28th January 2011, 14:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thats a fine buy. Love the looks of the updated model. Its given the car a more agressive sporty look. I too am on the lookout for a urban AT runabout for my wife. Took a look at the i20 but found the AT variant overpriced, would rather pay a bit more and go with the city AT. Did not consider the i10 till now. We dont really need a hugely spacious car and the i10 does seem like the perfect urban runabout. Will definately TD this one. Thanks for posting. Congratulations on your new buy. Wishing your mother many happy miles of motoring with her new car.
Old 28th January 2011, 19:43   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Mpower many congratulations on your new beauty! Feels good to be part of the slushbox fraternity eh?

It's really annoying how Indian automakers treat auto trannies as a luxury while it's soon becoming a necessity in our traffic-ridden cities and highways. But don't sweat the small stuff (literally!)- climate control sounds like a whole lotta excitement but in truth there is not too much wrong with a good old fashioned fine-chillin' AC . I feel sorry that they stuck you with a sunroof (in any vehicle smaller than a D segment sedanthose look woefully pretentious) but glad to know you managed to enjoy some Sunday afternoon sun in that!

I recently advised a friend to get an AT to drive around in BLR- she's not much of an enthusiast and thinks of driving as a chore. Recommended she TD the A*Star and i10VTVT and the latter was her choice. Personally I like the looks of the A*Star but have to agree the i10 is a much better value proposition overall!

God luck and keep posting.
Old 30th January 2011, 11:06   #39
BHPian

Congratulations. Though, I am not a big fan of the way i10 looks, it looks pretty good in white. Good choice.

I plan to buy an AT soon and am looking at i10 or i20 (will really have to stretch my budget a lot). But FE matters to me. I know its a bit to early to talk about FE but please do keep us posted of your FE figures.
Old 1st February 2011, 10:15   #40
BHPian

Congrats Mpower! Do keep us posted on the FE.
Old 1st February 2011, 10:55   #41
BHPian

I wrote this review when I bought my Hyundai I 10 1.2 Sportz AT in Mar 2009. I copy that here so that my views about the car fgall into the right string. Plz remember that since my purchase, the car has undergone some changes! However the focus of discussion is on the Automatic Transmission, which i reckon is the same. Happy reading!

The review:

I was very keen to buy a small car which had automatic transmission, and reserve it for for city drive. Unfortunately, the choice is very limited for small cars with automatic transmission. Only wagon R and i10 are available with auto transmission. Since this was the better looking, we went for this car. There was a Santro with auto trans mission, but that has been discontinued three months ago! The result is that you are forced to buy a car which is 60,000 dearer than Santro

However, the car has its pros and cons. And there are more pros... Read on... I wont be comparing this with wagon R, as i didn't do that while buying.

The car has been with me for two weeks, so i wont comment about the mileage! Its one model less than the top model and thus one would expect almost everything provided in the car. However, there is a major compromise on passenger safety as well as car safety in this model as compared to the top model!

Shape: Acceptable. Its a tall design and getting in is very easy esp for tall people. We cant call it elegant as it lacks the refinement of a Honda jazz

Exterior fitments: All provided and good. Lights are excellent; There are no fog lights in this model as well as no switch for a potential fog light fitment. the slot is available on the bumper. In north India that is a requirement; however i didn’t get that fitted as i didn’t want anyone tampering with the bumper and the dashboard in a new car.

Interior comfort: Very spacious. No headrest for the front seats; however theseats are comfortable. Back seats are folding and comfortable with headrests. Driver seat cannot be raised. The dashboard color is golden beige, which does not really match with any exterior color except,white, black and champagne. That is a setback as it is in sharp contrast with all other exterior colors. The seat fabric is good, but could have been better. It will get dirty fast as it is very light colored. Families with children - be careful.

The controls are elegant.

Air conditioning is excellent and the heater works well. Rear defogger ishelpful and wiper washer at the back is very useful on long trips.

Interior facilities: Fantastic facilities. It has almost everything. Good spaces. Tachometer is digital and looks good. There are two trip meters and helpful. Good slot for your mobiles and mp3 players; conveniently located near the lighter point. Interior light is good, but lacks alight for the back passengers.

Music player: 2 DIN music player is elegant and the sound produced by the 4 speakers is good and more than satisfactory. It has a radio, CD and mp3 disc player. No usb port,but has an auxillary channel out which can be used to connect your ipod!

Automatic transmission come with a over drive facility and is very good and reliable. Gear shift is smooth and the indicators on it are easily seen.

Ride quality is fantastic with no noise from the 1.2 liter engine. The pick up is excellent and the car is well powered. I found the shock absorbers a bit stiff while driving - an observation which might be because the car is new. I will have to wait for a while to comment about it.
It can take a large and a cabin bag easy in the luggage space. But you cant think of loading this car with more than three pieces of luggage.

A word about passenger and car safety. The BS and AIR bags are provided in the top model only,which is very expensive. So there is no choice but to go for this model. The key less entry option is also available in the top model.

I have over the years owned and driven Maruti 800, Maruti Esteem high end model and Toyota corolla automatic model. It is an excellent buy as a second car or as a first car, if you have to drive in the city or not carry much luggage on long trips. Ideal for couples or families with one child.

This car being automatic has a big advantage for city traffic. One does not have to worry about clutch or shifting gears.Automatic models are always costlier by about 10% over the manual models, but are a delight to drive. The worry about low mileage is a misnomer if one excepts the fact that it will be one km less to a liter as compared to the manual model. In India, automatic transmission has not come of age but in reality this country is ideal for automatic transmission or should i say, automatic transmission is made for this country.

Conclusion: Anyone interested in an automatic model,i10 Kappa sportz has it all - almost. For manual transmission era 1.1or kappa sportz1.2 are good choices. However 1.2 engine is much better than 1.1. Close your eyes and go for it. There is no choice in automatic models and anyway, you will be gainer in the long run as it is a very good buy!! This car is an excellent run for long distance trips too.

Thanks

Last edited by Mpower : 16th April 2013 at 21:56.
Old 1st February 2011, 13:41   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Thats a fine buy. Love the looks of the updated model. Its given the car a more agressive sporty look. I too am on the lookout for a urban AT runabout for my wife. Took a look at the i20 but found the AT variant overpriced, would rather pay a bit more and go with the city AT. Did not consider the i10 till now. We dont really need a hugely spacious car and the i10 does seem like the perfect urban runabout. Will definately TD this one. Thanks for posting. Congratulations on your new buy. Wishing your mother many happy miles of motoring with her new car.
I10 is a wonderful piece of construction. The interiors are really well done with a very precise and neat finish. I agree that 120 is overpriced. I10 At is the way to go. Refined auto transmission and a good fuel average at the right price! Seats are at the right height and ride is very comfortable. Engine is pretty robust and pick up is great! Go for it!!
Old 8th February 2012, 00:19   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
blackasta - I could not get the iPod to be controlled from the USB the one time i tried to. I think i need to put some more attention to get it working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

@Blacksata.Thanks.
Dieselite and MPower, the HU has to be certified iPod compatible for jumping thru folders / songs / playlists. The USB will enable you to play the iPod but the shuffling functions will need to be driven from the iPod itself.

ICE experts correct me if I am misstating anything.

BTW, seriously considering buying an AT to reduce the abuse on left leg.

Regards

Nikhil
Old 8th February 2012, 00:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
BTW, seriously considering buying an AT to reduce the abuse on left legl
Do check out the other 1.2 A/T ie the new Maruti Dzire A/T.

Happy to finally see more options in this segment.
Old 7th May 2012, 19:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Any chances of getting an 1 yr update and the experience so far ?
Overall FE till date ?
Expenses on Servicing:
Any issues that might have cropped up ? I hope nothing came up till now.
Frankly speaking AT is the way to go, driving in city with MT is becoming more strenuous by the day. Wise decision.
Shocking to know that you didnt get alloy wheels even on the top end ASTA with sunroof.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks