Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 20:42   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova VX BS4 - Not the usual

great choice of car;and city(UT) also.

How much did the seat job cost?and was this pure leather+vinyl?
Old 29th January 2011, 12:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
great choice of car;and city(UT) also.

How much did the seat job cost?and was this pure leather+vinyl?
Hey Vigsom, thanks for your reply. It was a pure leather material all over. It costed very reasonable, much cheaper than Stanley. I request you to give a call to Sajith, the owner of Karlsson for a great deal. His contact if you require 9845024245.
Old 29th January 2011, 12:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz View Post
Congragulations on your purchase!

even I've recently purchased the car in Grey 7s GX and am loving every bit of it!

have done a bit of interior modifications which you can check out here (pg.2 & 3): http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...interiors.html

- Drive safe, Drive hard
Hello Bhushan, the black theme on your car looks good. How is the painting done to the plastics infraction even the ac louvers. Do they provide guarantee for it not peeling of. Overall its impressive. How much have you clocked on your car and how is the mileage.
Old 30th January 2011, 15:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
Hello Bhushan, the black theme on your car looks good. How is the painting done to the plastics infraction even the ac louvers. Do they provide guarantee for it not peeling of. Overall its impressive. How much have you clocked on your car and how is the mileage.
Well I never asked for any warranty on the painting because the paint dint seem to be one which would peel easily or even peel at all. I guess they have spray painted it and it doesnt even feel as if its painted, moreover feels as if the original part came in that colour.

Also shinrai is a very reputed dealer in mumbai so i dont think he would compromise on quality anyways.

Ive clocked 3500kms+ on it.
Old 3rd February 2011, 22:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz View Post
Ive clocked 3500kms+ on it.
Cool, I m nearing the 11k KM mark. Significant reduction in the engine noise. But bad fuel in any second grade bunk introduces extra clatter till next refill.
Old 4th February 2011, 18:17   #21
BHPian

Hi Vishnu:

I too have the same colour Innova VX 8 seater, bought it Oct 2010.
I agree with you its a great highway mile cruncher.
My only crib is the quality of ICE and the lack of USB/AUX/iPOD connectivity.
I have been trying to get XCarlink from a person in Delhi (who is also on T-BHP) without any success, can you please let me know how got Xcarlink.

Thanks in Advance
Old 5th February 2011, 16:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottoman View Post
Hi Vishnu:

I too have the same colour Innova VX 8 seater, bought it Oct 2010.
I agree with you its a great highway mile cruncher.
My only crib is the quality of ICE and the lack of USB/AUX/iPOD connectivity.
I have been trying to get XCarlink from a person in Delhi (who is also on T-BHP) without any success, can you please let me know how got Xcarlink.

Thanks in Advance
The XCarlink surely removes the shortcomings of the factory ICE. Works great with SD card, USB and aux in. I picked it from Haneet, his response is pretty fast with email. Try contacting him at hihaneet@hotmail.com. He delivered the units, second day from the date of payment.

So how much have you clocked in your car. I just booked my car for 2nd service and was impressed at their estimate of 2400 rs for such a big car. I was also looking at Polo and they quoted whooping 10k for the 15k KM service which shocked me.
Old 6th February 2011, 11:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
I dont have the pictures. I did see a catalog of Thule products with Ozone OUtdoor chaps (one branch near India Garage StMarks road, and the other in Kumara park) deals with them. I saw a couple of hard case roof storage with rack units. The Thule website i s Thule - Thule Racks - Rack, Carrier, Or Towbar Solutions For Car Transportation of Load and Sports Equipment
Hey Dhuli, found time yesterday to go and check Thule products. They are kinda cost prohibitive for me, costs a whooping 35,000/= for a roof rack installation and also there is a 2+ weeks leadtime to import the parts.

I then went to JC road and looked at a couple of them, I choose Classique Roadstar (Aluminium one - replica of Thule Xpedition 821 and got them installed at Car Style, JC Road) for 7k including the foot and all accessories. I think its a decent bet considering that I wouldnt be using it all the time.

Toyota Innova VX BS4 - Not the usual-roadstar3.jpg
Old 6th February 2011, 11:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
The XCarlink surely removes the shortcomings of the factory ICE. Works great with SD card, USB and aux in. I picked it from Haneet, his response is pretty fast with email. Try contacting him at hihaneet@hotmail.com. He delivered the units, second day from the date of payment.

So how much have you clocked in your car. I just booked my car for 2nd service and was impressed at their estimate of 2400 rs for such a big car. I was also looking at Polo and they quoted whooping 10k for the 15k KM service which shocked me.

Thanks Vishnu
I had been following up with Haneet for sometime, was telling me that he didnt have stocks, probably he has stocks now. Shall get in touch with him.
Old 6th February 2011, 14:02   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Dhuli, found time yesterday to go and check Thule products. They are kinda cost prohibitive for me, costs a whooping 35,000/= for a roof rack installation and also there is a 2+ weeks leadtime to import the parts.

I then went to JC road and looked at a couple of them, I choose Classique Roadstar (Aluminium one - replica of Thule Xpedition 821 and got them installed at Car Style, JC Road) for 7k including the foot and all accessories. I think its a decent bet considering that I wouldnt be using it all the time.

Attachment 496631
Wow! The Classique Roadstar looks cool. 7K instead of 35K is worth it. I would follow suit...perhaps soon, if I get an innova. Thanks for sharing.
Old 6th February 2011, 19:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
How and where did you get the XCarlink fixed, can you please share the details and pics Please.
Old 10th August 2011, 17:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks,

To give it a different look than the thousand Innovas around my car, I thought leather seat would be a good one. Thanks to my new friend Sajith of Kalsson Leather, who did a great makeover for my car. The moulded mats from 3D brand enhances the interior look - highly recommended.
Where did u get the 3D brand moulded mats? what was the cost, colour?
Old 13th August 2011, 01:38   #28
BHPian

Congratulations alot on buying the New Innova BS-IV.
Heard that it comes with Intercooler in its engine. Have you noticed any difference in its driveability & engine NVH due to addition of this feature.

Quote:
What's the Black Switch/knob is ? Below the Instrument Cluster & just opposite to the Key.
Old 24th August 2011, 07:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS

How and where did you get the XCarlink fixed, can you please share the details and pics Please.
Hey Simon, one of the teambhpian is selling it on Teambhp market. The installation ia diy, be prepared to get your hands by accessing the rear of a the music system with your hands through the glovebox opening.
Old 24th August 2011, 07:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan
Congratulations alot on buying the New Innova BS-IV.
Heard that it comes with Intercooler in its engine. Have you noticed any difference in its driveability & engine NVH due to addition of this feature.

What's the Black Switch/knob is ? Below the Instrument Cluster & just opposite to the Key.
I have driven non Intercooler versions earlier, I feel this engine has lower noise level inside. The engine also has flat torque across RPM which improves the driveability. Again the mileage seems to be pretty good, in city it's always 12.5+ (Bangalore).

The knob is illumination level adjustment for the instrument cluster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks