Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 13:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)

Very nice write up and congratulations on the car! Its my favorite pick amongst the C, 3 and the A4. 5 *s to the thread!

As hiren quoted above, why didnt you test drive the other 2 germans?
Old 27th January 2011, 14:01   #32
BHPian

Absolutely loved your ownership writeup. Full of twists and humor. Great writing skills. Many congratulations for you beauty and i wish it serves you well.
Would love to see your initial driving impression report soon.
Old 27th January 2011, 16:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Let me be the first one to congratulate you for your 4 ringed beauty autobahner.You have great writing skill and have the ability to keep the reader glued to your words.Keep it up!!What is the On road price of this beauty?

Do post your driving experience and interior pics soon.
Hi, Thanks for being the first one to respond to my post. Also many thanks for your compliments but i think my school teachers deserve the most credit for the same.

The On-Road price (Ex-Thane) with Octroi came out to approx 36 Lac without the fees for special number and minor accessories, these were around 50k extra in total.

Interior pics will surely be uploaded soon, watch this space. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Congratulations on the A4. It looks great. Lots of happy miles with it. Do keep posting regular updates. Please post some interior pictures. Thanks.
Will do mate, many thanks for your kind wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Heartiest Congratulations Autobahner! You have very good writing skills and do post your driving experiences with the A4. Did you opt for 16 or 17 inch wheels? Also what are the other interior options available? Regards.
Hi PPS, thanks.

My beauty is with the WCI package and hence comes with 17" Pirelli tyres and memory control for seats and mirrors alongwith front park assist as standard.

It has sadly been sitting still duly covered in a driveway since 17th Jan owing to RTO formalities getting delayed, cause of administrative reasons at their end. I have received the road tax receipt and registration confirmation today so plan to take it on a short trip (100 odd kms) this sunday so as to get ourselves better acquainted. Also, with my Silberschönheit it works both ways she needs to get to know me better as well (if you know what i mean).

Last edited by Dippy : 27th January 2011 at 16:30. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 27th January 2011, 16:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
It was hardly dragging. Great write up I must say, I enjoyed it. And congrats on the beauty. Now how about a remap soon to take it to 250bhp?
Hi Akshay,

A re-map is very much on the cards but sadly only after a few years down the line (and only after a good few miles under her belt). Would not really like to play around till the official warranty period is over, which is around 3 years if i am not mistaken.

Furthermore, one needs to really go for RON 97 fuel to really get the best potential out from the engine and after the re-map, low octane fuel may result in some issues. The nearest pump from my place that sells RON 97 fuel is a good 40 odd kms (one way) and also plan to take it outstation quite a bit where the chances of getting high octane fuel would be extremely slim.

But you surely got my juices running with 250 PS, yummy! but hope mummy is not reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Herzlichen Glückwünsche! (Hearty Congratulations)

Audi's here in Germany are seen as power horses. The look itself on any Audi A series makes one think about the power behind it.

Would request you to post some more pictures.
dankeschoen joe, share the sentiment as you about the Audi's. The respect commanded by Audi's has increased phenomenally over the years and is no longer looked down upon. And also agree with you about the powerfully mesmerising looks, left me spellbound at first glance as well. More pix will be up shortly, cheers for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The best ownership review I have read in a very long time.

Congrats on the beauty, just loved your way with words.

The one thing you should have taken no matter what is the additional warranty which you were getting free. Extended warranty in a complex german car is something you just need at any cost. Things do go wrong as the cars have issues in indian driving conditions and the repair will burn a big hole in your pocket. Please see if that is still available as a goodwill.
Hi vid6639, trust me i agree with you totally on the extended warranty bit and defintiely have one on my A-Star mentioned earlier in my post. The thing with this one is that it comes with 3 years warranty as standard with the option of extending it for 4th and 5th year. I am yet to decide if i will actually have her after 3 years or may upgrade to a more sedate A6 or perhaps R8 (CA and mummy permitting ) but in-hindsight i feel it would have perhaps been better to have got the 30 k extended warranty and perhaps another 30k off on the asking price, sigh if only!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Congratulations autobahner on your new possession. Your thread was very interesting and I would need to appreciate your writing skills which made everyone to stick with the thread till the end, you have made the break up of every event very nice in different post, it was more like each chapter.

Now coming back to the car, why have you turned down the additional warranty offer?? I know it would be tempting to get a cash discount instead of additional warranty however our complex German cars makes things very complex sometimes, So its better to be on safer side than feeling sorry later.

Please do update the thread with interior pictures and initial run-in experience. If you don't mind please mention OTR price post discount.
Hi Camchennai, many many thanks for your kind words also i think that chapterwise narration may have been due to my past and very current addiction with Frederick Forsyth novels hee hee!

Coming back to the warranty i share your sentiments as well, see my response to vid6639's post on the same. The OTR post discount came to 36 Lac rounded off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
This is the best part about Team-Bhp. That you get to come across such people with awesome story telling skills. It is at times like reading the script of a film, the purchaser is the hero and the car is the hero-ine. Awesome write up mate.. Wish you endless miles of happiness with your Silberschönheit. Congratulations on the purchase.. I suddenly have the urge to get one for myself

I love your Audi A4..
psbali, i pray to all the teutonic gods that your wish comes true very very soon. Trust me you won't regret the decision. With regards to your compliments regarding the movie like narration, well what can i say (also deeply blushing now) lets hope Filmfare awards come up with a genre for auto related topics movie like narration, they will have a tough time with the gem of writers we have here on Team-BHP, won't you agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats on getting the A4

I must admit this is one of the best Buying/ Initial Ownership write-up that I have come across in recent times. One can actually see the emotions that you were going through & a lot of us can even relate to some of them (Like the German Bahu bit )

Do Keep up posted on the overall ownership experience.

Have Given this thread a well deserved 5 Star rating.
The German bahu bit is sort of a hit with our family as well. My cousins now complain that i am having a negative influence on their kids i.e. my little nieces and nephews uttering such rubbish, so guess what my silver beauty has made me something of a black sheep of the family. I am classified as a negative and destructive influence on their future. If only they knew better.

A detailed ownership experience will follow suit starting after my little spin to a hill station this sunday. Watch this space mate.

Last edited by Dippy : 27th January 2011 at 17:04. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 27th January 2011, 17:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
Congrats on the A4. The buying experience was very well written. The car looks fabulous, especially with those LEDs on. Waiting for more pictures.
Hi over.drive, guess what the pix with the running light LEDs is kinda my favorite as well. Glad you enjoyed the write-up. More pics especially interior ones will be up soon. Hope you enjoy those as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I logged in earlier in the day and read your post 1. Cried in agony when i saw that the story is not finished and braced myself for some days of regular follow up of the thread. Logged in again now and VOILA! Congratulations on the beauty. An amazing write up. Please do post some more pics of the car and also share with us the price break up.

The best part of the whole review is that you upgraded yourself from Zen and A star straight to an A4. That is some upgrade mate.
Hello drmohitg, glad i didn't put you through a long agony for the write-up, the best bit is didn't even have to use my head nor was it planned it came straight from the heart so i think managed to get the desired effect.

Oh! all my babes are equally close for me. I have an Opel Astra (1999), which is perhaps the closest, as that was the first car i purchased with my savings, then comes my Zen (Lx, fuel injected) - Superleggera as this one doesn't even have a cigarette lighter and is extremly lightweight prayers come on my lips everytime i put pedal to the metal at traffic lights (only on the highways though in sparse traffic conditions, after all have to live up to Team-BHPian reputation ). The A-Star is my sensible runabout (Dr. Jeckyl, but will say no more.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
I haven't seen such a detailed, heartfelt and interesting initial ownership report in a long time. Pat yourself on the back for taking the effort to contribute to our board with an interesting thread like this. I hope you will continuously update this thread with your experiences. And you are in good company, we've had quite a few A4's surfacing recently. Time for a mega drive, maybe
Flyingspur coming from you that is high praise indeed. Have followed many of your threads for ages, am glad you enjoyed the write up. A mega drive!! i am drooling already, let us know when and where will be there with bells and whistles on.

Dippy - so sorry for the multiple posts, i will make sure all are merged suitably in the future ones. Sometimes its just tempting to reply to 3 or 4 at a go.

Last edited by autobahner : 27th January 2011 at 17:19. Reason: Multiple posts
Old 27th January 2011, 18:45   #36
BANNED

Congratulations on buying what I feel is the best German automobile brand today. This car, in my opinion, looks, feels and drives better than its obvious competitors.

Your writing skills are very good and I was thoroughly entertained while reading your thread.

Happy Motoring and God Bless.
Old 28th January 2011, 01:03   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
This is one of the best ownership reviews! Congrats on the most beautiful premium sedan! Now can we have the drive report and some more pics? The 2.0 TFSI is a quite a driver's car. How much did it cost you on-road here?
Thanks theragingbull, so true it indeed is quite beautiful even more so in flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Congrats on purchase on a fine car with one of the best engine in the market.

There are some remaps that can put out 275hp from this engine. And with minor bolt with hybrid turbo and remap one can get around 330hp. However I guess that may be choice to make few years down the line. for now he can enjoy the drive in stock form.
330 bhp!!! don't think CA kaka (uncle) is going to be very happy when he hears that. Know of any oil wells being sold in and around Mumbai? Might be worthwhie to invest in my own lil refinery to fuel the beauty if she's gonna be pumping out 300+ horses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Wonderful writeup and an excellent car to brag it all about. Congratulations fellow gujjubhai Wishing you many happy kilometers with the German. Drive safe. And yes, please post pictures of the interiors as well. Cheers!
Gujjubhai!! hee hee me likes that, thanks . Also many many thanks for the wishes sure looking forward to the miles. On a more senti note "For me now its the drive that drives me and not the destination"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Hah ! Another A4 ! Welcome aboard !
I can completely related to the absolute nirvana you are experiencing!
Great write-up. More pictures awaited
PlatzdaTurbo you arguably have the best A4 in India by far always have been an ardent admirer of your "beast", especially the Audi Exclusive seats and full aero kit do i even have to mention the Quattro system here.

Your note really means a lot thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Excellent thread... being a BMW fan, I reluctantly opened the thread, and there it goes! Glued to it for next 15 mins!

And Silver looks the right shade for the stunning A4. And Audi is the master of black interiors.

Congratulations
Holy cow i managed to keep a Beemer lover glued to my post? this is some heavy duty complimenting. Cheers for your post friend. P.S - For general knowledge sake what's your fav Beem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Congrats on the machine
Beautiful post and it just mirrors your emotions!
The line kind of thing running on top of the boot makes it look like a boot-lip spoiler (or is it just that? ) adds character and a sporty feel.
Do post some interior pics and at least a pic showing the dual exhaust.
Congrats once again!
hello hdnivara, ah i think Audi wants that to be a pseudo-spoiler its crafted beautifully and was deeply considering if adding an additional spoiler would be worthwhile, but decided against, she looks more elegant in her stock form don't you think. And definitely mate the dual exhaust and interior pics are on their way very very shortly.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th January 2011 at 01:48. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post please, thanks
Old 28th January 2011, 02:08   #38
BHPian

congrats on the A4.
looks very elegant in silver, sure has an understated charm about it.
liked the progression in your garage from the zen to the audi.
and yeah the buying experience is very well put down.
keep up the good work.
Old 28th January 2011, 05:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful!!! Congrats on your buy and that was a well deserved gift for you.

I had the chance to sit in a 3 series and a A4 and am totally biased to the A4 for the comfort factor and ride quality. The thud feeling of the doors makes you feel real secure in it and the beige interiors which i friend had was to die for.

The lights of the audi are drool maal!! Friend who lives next door parks the car just outside my window and every night when he parks his car i kick myself and say Ek din yeh zaroor mera hoga. Hope that turns out to be soon.

Curious on the emi if any for this car? How much does it come upto for 85% financing and the insurance of 60000 is for a year i guess?

Can you help me with the math?

Again enjoi the ride. Its surely your german wife!! Have a happy married life and may you get the most joy and thrill driving it
Old 28th January 2011, 11:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

Is the MMI screen standard feature on the 2.0T?
Old 28th January 2011, 17:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Is the MMI screen standard feature on the 2.0T?
Every A4 right from the 1.8t to the 3.0TDi has MMI.
The only difference being the 3.2fsi and 3.0tdi get MMI High,the others dont.
Old 28th January 2011, 20:51   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahner View Post
Holy cow i managed to keep a Beemer lover glued to my post? this is some heavy duty complimenting. Cheers for your post friend. P.S - For general knowledge sake what's your fav Beem?
I guess its because of two reasons - (1) the writing style, which is very entertaining, and (2) the subject - the awesome A4!

My favourite Beemer is the Bangled E60 5-series

And Sir, can we have some interior pictures? Off all the 3 german giants, my personal take is that Audi has the classiest interiors. And the black shades look immaculate.
Old 28th January 2011, 21:11   #43
Team-BHP Support

Congrats - if you plan to chip it, be careful, I understand VW encrypt te 2.0 TFSi onwards
Old 28th January 2011, 21:23   #44
BHPian

Meine Silberschönheit (The much awaited interior pix)

Folks,

And now in this part 1 of this installation the much demanded interior pics, extremely sorry for the dusty interiors, took the family for a joy ride earlier and still house breaking them on how to treat the interiors of this beauty (they have got much used to sitting in the rusty trusty Zen!! )

Mods - There are around 20 odd pics so will be posting in 2 installments back to back please forgive.
Attached Thumbnails
Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0731.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0732.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0733.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0737.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0738.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0740.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0741.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0742.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0744.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0745.jpg  

Old 28th January 2011, 21:33   #45
BHPian

Meine Silberschönheit (The much awaited interior pix)

The 2nd installment of interior pix. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0746.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0747.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0748.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0749.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0750.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0751.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0753.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0756.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0757.jpg  

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)-100_0758.jpg  

Most Viewed