Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 11:09   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahner View Post

Noopster, first let me also congratulate you on your " beautiful fraulein" she truly is a drool material and also loved your very detailed write up on her. Isn't there a saying about other men's wives always seem more attractive? Hope you don't mind me fantasising about your fraulein too much. Enjoy your ride.
That made my morning!
We were stuck in a monster jam in Sion on Saturday evening and I got a chance to admire this wonderful 525d in a bronze-ish shade. There was this posh-looking dude self-driving with his wife beside him and couple other folks in back. I was shamelessly ogling the car and he gave me a cold look . So yeah I totally get what you're saying and don't mind at all. The picture you've posted is absolutely lovely- please post some more, soon!

Thanks for your kind words. I think once one gets used to a German car, anything else is very difficult to get used to!
Old 11th March 2011, 17:35   #92
BHPian

Re: Amby Valley, Allah ke Bande and an Audi

Autobahner's excellent review has me convinced that the 2.0 TFSI is the way forward.
Unfortunately Audi West does not have this model for a test drive!
Between White with Cinnamon Brown interiors vs Silver with Black interiors what would you folks recommend?
Old 11th March 2011, 20:02   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinedoc View Post
Maybe you could ask autobahner nicely

Quote:
Between White with Cinnamon Brown interiors vs Silver with Black interiors what would you folks recommend?
While this is highly subjective and hardly a matter to be put to public opinion, I'll chip in anyway and vote for White + Cinnamon Brown.
Old 12th March 2011, 01:06   #94
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It has to be white + cinnamon brown for me! Just love that combo since the time i saw it on Speedy's 3!
Old 12th March 2011, 14:43   #95
Senior - BHPian

+1 to white with cinnamon brown.
Personally i dont prefer black interiors. Although i understand audi is the best at black interiors.
Old 12th March 2011, 16:55   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinedoc View Post
Autobahner's excellent review has me convinced that the 2.0 TFSI is the way forward.

On the inside, both cinnamon brown and black look nice and classy. You couldn't go wrong with either. Exterior , the A4 looks extremely appealing in white IMO. Go with your heart as either option is great.
Old 14th March 2011, 20:35   #97
BHPian

@ FlyingSpur: Don't think I can take that liberty! Autobahner would not be a happy man if others would be using his precious silver beauty for a test drive!!
Did try the 1.8 TFSi and the 2.0 TDI though.

BTW loved your 320d thread!! Was my original choice. Rejected because of harsh ride(read RFT's) and poor rear seating.

@ Akki 5, mdaab & PlatzdaTurbo: Thanks folks for your inputs!

Any comments on Pirelli vs Continental tyres?
Old 15th March 2011, 16:58   #98
BHPian

For everyone with the Audi Petrols - If your Engine Oil consumption is significantly high, make it a point to get it checked out. This can be a serious problem.

The dealer will give the standard spiel of it being a Turbo etc but insist on going for the Audi Consumption test. The results of my 2.0 TFSi came in at approx 1ltr per 1k KM - Double of what Audi says is par. After 13 top ups in 14K KM, 1 Oil change and 4 rounds of oil tests at the dealer, they took the car in last week for a piston ring change. They have previously checked the valve covers, pipes etc for leakages - none found. I believe if there is no improvement after this, the next step is an engine change! I would be very surprised if they did that in India but I seriously hope it doesn't come down to it.
Old 15th March 2011, 17:24   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
For everyone with the Audi Petrols - If your Engine Oil consumption is significantly high, make it a point to get it checked out. This can be a serious problem.

The dealer will give the standard spiel of it being a Turbo etc but insist on going for the Audi Consumption test. The results of my 2.0 TFSi came in at approx 1ltr per 1k KM - Double of what Audi says is par. After 13 top ups in 14K KM, 1 Oil change and 4 rounds of oil tests at the dealer, they took the car in last week for a piston ring change. They have previously checked the valve covers, pipes etc for leakages - none found. I believe if there is no improvement after this, the next step is an engine change! I would be very surprised if they did that in India but I seriously hope it doesn't come down to it.
I dont own an Audi, But for some reason have been constantly reading of VW group cars having a thirst for oil, be it diesel or petrol. dont know what the case might be, but it is alarming to read so many of them.
Old 15th March 2011, 18:33   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
& all this while i went on assuming yours is a 2.0 TDI.
Anyway so what do you intend to do if there really is no reduction after piston ring change ? Engine change seems a bit too drastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I dont own an Audi, But for some reason have been constantly reading of VW group cars having a thirst for oil, be it diesel or petrol. dont know what the case might be, but it is alarming to read so many of them.
Diesel here but no problems so far. TOUCHWOOD
Old 15th March 2011, 23:08   #101
BHPian

Speeding at 160 is right. The TFSI engines do consume more oil than regular n/a or diesel models. Check your on board computer and see where you oil level is. If you need a oil change before 15k km, I am pretty sure you can argue with them and demand a free oil change.
Old 16th March 2011, 09:04   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Anyway so what do you intend to do if there really is no reduction after piston ring change ? Engine change seems a bit too drastic
Engine transplant seems a worthwhile option if he is getting the 3.0 TDi, don't you think?
Old 16th March 2011, 11:56   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Engine transplant seems a worthwhile option if he is getting the 3.0 TDi, don't you think?

With FWD ? I wouldn't.
He would be better off Quattroing his car up and the combined cost of an engine transplant to 3.0 TDI and 4x4 would get him a brand new 3.0 TDI

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 16th March 2011 at 12:00.
Old 16th March 2011, 13:05   #104
BHPian

For now I'm happy with the A6 loaner; came with a full tank. Which is good since that 2.8 is thirsty.

If there is no improvement with the oil, i seriously don't know what I would do. Car is running great otherwise. I'll just send the car to the dealer everytime that annoying warning lights up.

Spur/Platza - A death wish, putting that monster in this FWD. Maybe if I'm nice to Audi they will replace my car with the 3.0 Tdi not just the engine.

I<3Turbo - I never argue. Just state my point very calmly. They will be adjusting what I have paid for engine oil top-ups so far (around Rs15k) into the 15K service bill.

Last edited by Speeding@160mph : 16th March 2011 at 13:07.
Old 16th March 2011, 14:09   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If there is no improvement with the oil, i seriously don't know what I would do. Car is running great otherwise. I'll just send the car to the dealer everytime that annoying warning lights up.

Spur/Platza - A death wish, putting that monster in this FWD. Maybe if I'm nice to Audi they will replace my car with the 3.0 Tdi not just the engine.

Precisely why i asked earlier. When it crossed my mind - 'what will he do if the problem persists ? He seems to have tried most things already' i actually went blank. No answers. So thought i should ask you.
This is 1 real recurring and irritating problem you have on your hands.

& about Audi providing a 3.0 TDI, well you better start asking now itself, these ones are not easily available

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks