Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2011, 14:39   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amby Valley, Allah ke Bande and an Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahner View Post
Hello Friends,

A small teaser for what's about to come shortly.
Wowieee ! That picture surely takes my breath away.
Congratulations on the beauty and do take her (?) out more often.
Old 8th April 2011, 19:57   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
On the inside, both cinnamon brown and black look nice and classy. You couldn't go wrong with either. Exterior , the A4 looks extremely appealing in white IMO. Go with your heart as either option is great.
Took the plunge!
Finally!
My first German. Hopefully the first of many!
Booked the A4 2.0TFSI Ibis White with Cinnamon Brown interiors.
Special Thanks to Autobahner, Speeding, Redeff, Platzda Turbo, Ragtop, Flying Spur & GTO for making this happen.
Old 21st June 2011, 16:30   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)

What happened autobahner? Found a bride in the Saudi desert and celebrating your honeymoon? (unlikely I know!) Please post more pics and reports of your Silberschönheit!
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:03   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinedoc View Post
Took the plunge!
Finally!
My first German. Hopefully the first of many!
Booked the A4 2.0TFSI Ibis White with Cinnamon Brown interiors.
Special Thanks to Autobahner, Speeding, Redeff, Platzda Turbo, Ragtop, Flying Spur & GTO for making this happen.

LOL whats up DOC its santosh from AUDI!!
Old 13th September 2011, 00:14   #110
BHPian

Amby Valley, Allah ke Bande and an Audi

Gentlemen (and ladies..... pays to be politically correct in this day and age, one never knows?), Brethren greetings!! So sorry for having just evaporated and rejeuvinating this thread after an exodus of what seems like eternity or 7 odd months (in earth speak).

Lets see where we left off now...... oh yes! Arrival back from Saudia, went for a week and ended up spending in what now seems like an eternity, boy the Saud's sure like to pace things in a relaxed manner, but one admits they do have fantastic taste in cars, who can blame them with petrol prices being what they are back there. Did check at duty free and unfortunately no oil cans to take back as souvenirs, mind you it wouldn't have been a bad idea to bring back a couple of gallons with the way the Silver beauty's been hitting the maroony stuff lately. I do plead guilty to the fact that i am a "pedal to the metal" kind of person (is there any other kind) when with her, but with half of oil level getting depleted at 2000 kms sure is a rude awakening. Now i know why i have a castrol can in my boot and an oil level gauge on the infotainment system. But before i consider getting my better half enrolled for OA (Oilaholics Anonymous) there is this little matter of my trip to Amby Valley, which i wish to humbly share.

So, with the Saudi clients happy = boss very happy = me can keep his job (whew!!) now time to consider another little outing but this time round strictly without the aunty, uncles etc. Actually, i planned to make this trip with someone who looks like a love child of Katrina Kaif and Megan Fox, but common sense prevailed. I mean the last thing you need when driving flat out on the curves is another set of curves sitting next to you to distact, actually what elders would probably prescribe for such an occassion would be an ol' chum who just happens to weight on the correct side of 145 kg with a phenomenal taste in music (and what i personally feel a slightly unhealthy obsession with A.R Rehman and Kailash Kher).

So, yet another Sunday early morning start at 0700 hrs very much in the A.M, got to the garage pulled out the cover and realised its been ages since i last saw her, thankfully had some professionals come over to the place when i was in the Middle East to have her properly cleaned and detailed so she looked very much like a million dollars (well INR 3.6 Million - depreciation, at least) when the first rays of early morning sun hit her. Fired her up, let her set into the groove got open the sunroof...... it's going to be a beautiful day, the man and his better half, the machine concurred.

Picked up Nimesh, my deejay, friend, philosopher for the trip, reset the 2 onboard trip computers for a new journey, this time round decided to fill her up on tankful of BPCL Speed, just to see if there was any difference in engine response and off on the eastern express highway to Navi-Mumbai. The drive was sublime as always and her road manners still are nothing short of grace personified, little did she know that today's trip was being made with a totally different objective, crossed Thane-Belapur road and made an entrance on Palm Beach just after Vashi train station, it just so happened that one of my ol time fav tracks from Janbaaz happened to hit on the infotainment system and now i could not control!! So for the very very first time shifted the stick into the hallowed territory "S-Mode" and we were in for a shock, the very first thing that came into my mind when i floored her hard was "Did i renew my life insurance premium?" but dismissed the thought immediately, reprimanding myself for being such a nitwit as this was neither the time or place for such earthly thoughts. Here i was sitting in the nicely upholstered lap of what i feel is arguably one of the finest piece of engineering to come out from Ingolstadt and am having thoughts about Life Insurance, so with the same summarily dismissed and banished from re-entry anytime soon, got me polaroid shades on and stared straight ahead to get on with business, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do (sorry watched a couple of ol westerns on the flight back). Summoning up some courage had a quick glance at the dash, the vital stats were as follows:

Engine Speed - 4750 RPM
Gearing - S4
Terminal Velocity - Do you really want to know??
Infotainment - Title track from Janbaaz with a rear fader bias for pseudo surround effect and bass boost.

and

Friends, for whats about to come next, please do not imitate this at home.........

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2011 at 13:58. Reason: Removing last line. Lets avoid inappropriate comments on Team-BHP. Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 00:32   #111
BHPian

Just wow man! You got me glued to your wonderful last description, you seriously are a true author for the car
I didn't care about reading from beginning of the post, look it's 12:32 on my iPad so excuse me. I will follow this thread from here on.
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:40   #112
BHPian

That A4 is an absolute beauty Autobahner!

Do you mind telling me some details of the insurance? I live in Pune and as per the quote for A4 1.8 TFSI from dealer, the insurance with Audi Assured is Rs. 1.42 lakhs. They are also quoting Rs. 40000 for extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year. How much is insurance costing you? Is it zero dep? Do you think extended warranty is worth it?
Old 5th October 2011, 11:56   #113
Senior - BHPian

Its time for a combined shoot Mr. Autobahner
Old 10th October 2011, 14:17   #114
BHPian

For my 2.0 TFSI the zero dep policy was for 64K from Tata AIG
In my opinion 40K is a reasonable price to pay to extend the warranty to 4 years.
Am of course assuming you will be using the car for more than 2 years!
Old 22nd October 2011, 16:18   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsherlock View Post
That A4 is an absolute beauty Autobahner!

Do you mind telling me some details of the insurance? I live in Pune and as per the quote for A4 1.8 TFSI from dealer, the insurance with Audi Assured is Rs. 1.42 lakhs. They are also quoting Rs. 40000 for extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year. How much is insurance costing you? Is it zero dep? Do you think extended warranty is worth it?
Extended Warranty is definitely worth if you do plan to keep your car more than 3~4 years. On mine i didn't go for the same owing to very limited mileage i put on her (She's 10 months old now and only done 3500 kms). The insurance from HDFC Ergo comes to around 60k for the first year here in Thane.
Old 26th October 2012, 15:13   #116
BHPian

Go On Autobahner. We are not getting any sleep at night owing to your incomplete stories. Patience is not the virtue here at T-BHP I guess

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks