get the portion encircled on the pic attached also done up in black
Attached Thumbnails
Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update-030620111067.jpg  

Old 16th June 2011, 01:35   #32
BHPian

Re: Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Linea alloys are now doing the job on my punto. for the rubber, choose yokohama dB V550 in 195/60/R15. Performance improved by leaps and bounds.
For how much you've got these Alloy rims ?
I've heard that it costs 10-12k each at Tata-Fiat showrooms.
Any difference noticed in its acceleration, fuel efficiency, etc.
Please Do clarify this.
As yesterday I drove one of my far friend's hardly a month old Punto Active & surprisingly noticed that it was having Brisk acceleration(slightly better than Punto Emotion Pk which i've driven a month back) which highly seems to be due to the Narrow tyres(165/80R14) of Punto lower variants as compared to 195/65 of Emo Pk variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
I bought a Punto last month, and well, I cannot honestly say that the car has been 100% fool-proof. You can refer my thread to see the problem I have faced with the malfunctioning lock.
100% agreed with you pyrotek.
From the very first day after its launch i've checked out Punto 5-6 times in its Showroom & surprisingly never noticed at Niggle-free Punto till to date, as i noticed;
-1st time: Very bad quality dashboard in Punto Emo Pk variant.
-2nd time: 6-7months later experienced the same thing.
-3rd time: Missing FIAT logo on steering wheel of a Punto Active display car.
-4th time: Just a month back when I went to finalise my decision by checking out the latest & improvised Punto surprisingly noticed a kink/depression(just above the eye level) in the windshield of a Brand New display Fiat Punto Emo Pk.
-5th time: Noticed different parts of the windshield having different Refractive Index(hence visibility issues) in a month Old Punto Active.
Performance wise(i'm really hooked pyrotek), Suspension & Comfort wise the car felt great, but why these minor imperfections pops up everytime.
Sorry to say(with no intentions to hurt Fiat owners/lovers) IMHO, Fiat is having the worst quality control section across all the automotive manufacturers in India, even worse than Tata, as i've never seen glitches in Tata cars till to date though their long term reliablity is really pathetic.

Fiat forte(quality) is really missing in Indian Punto & the latter is more of like Tata Punto than a Fiat one.
Just wondering is still there's any way around to smoothen my feelings about Fiat Punto.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 16th June 2011 at 01:41. Reason: Text editing.
Old 16th June 2011, 09:50   #33
BHPian

Thanks hemanth for posting the pic on my behalf. I absolutely do not mind. work caught up with me so busy entire week. Pics from me would come only in the weekend.

@CRTorquefan: I got the alloys from member of another forum. paid 20K for the alloys. No increase in the mileage observed. all the performance improvement i would say came from the rubber change only. As far as I am concerned, alloys = looks.

By the way, in my last weekend trip which included driving at insane speeds and with full load and 100% AC, car returned a mileage of 19.5 kmpl. Not bad eh..?
Old 29th June 2011, 13:53   #34
BHPian

Hi Guys, the ODO now stands at 9400 Km.

Been to kerala in the weekend. The drive was amazing as were the roads.
Posting some pictures from the trip.

enjoy and drive safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update-dsc06693.jpg  

Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update-dscn1971.jpg  

Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update-dscn1972.jpg  

Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update-dscn2000.jpg  

Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update-dscn2059.jpg  

Old 13th December 2012, 20:16   #35
BHPian

Updating my thread after a real long gap.

Today after 2 years of ownership, the Odo stands at 33000 KM. Third service done at 29000 KM at Kudlu gate.

No major issues faced, except that I had to change a tyre.
The side wall got cut due to a pothole on a rainy night on a highway. So now running on Yoko db V550 on three wheels and one A-Drive (This was my spare). MRF ZLO now adorns the spare wheel.

No modifications done on the car in the last 18 months, except for a pair of OSRAM night breakers and front windshield sunfilm from 3M and yeah, removed the sunfilms from the windows and rear glass. This way, traffic cops don't seem to notice my front windshield sunfilm. (The one I need most).

Who said Punto has bad interior quality, check my car everything is as good as it should be. Absolutely zero rattles.

Tankful after tankful, getting a consistent mileage of 15.5 to 16.5 in city (18 kmpl if I choose elevated road, instead of Hosur road), and 20.5 to 21.5 on Highways.

The car continues to be a pleasure to drive, it has always been kind of Get in, belt-up, and enjoy the roads ahead.

Some pictures taken during recent trips to finish off the update..

mods, please change the title to :33000 KMs update

Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update-dscn2285.jpg

Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update-dscn2332.jpg

Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update-dsc_0044.jpg

Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update-dsc08953.jpg

Grenzenlose Freiheit with my Grande Punto: 3400 KMS Update-dsc09202.jpg

Cheers, keep driving safe.

Last edited by vidyasagar : 13th December 2012 at 20:19. Reason: forgot to request mods to change the title

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks