Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2011, 16:29   #61
BHPian

Re: Chevy Beat LT - Sandrift Grey - Elegant and Modern!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I have had an I10 1.2 VTVT since December 13, 2010 and I have done three FE tests so far, using the auto cut-off system. First FE: 18 kmpl, Second FE: 18.74 kmpl and third FE: 17.4 kmpl. All these readings have been 100% in read-life situations.
Great FE misquitas. I would be nice if you can give break up i.e % of driving in city & % of driving on highways, and also % of AC usage for above figures. I too regularly monitor FE of my Beat. The FE figures for my Beat are as follows:
1. 15.6 kmpl 100% City without AC
2. 17.5 kmpl 74% City and 26 % Highway without AC
3. 21.8 kmpl 31% City and 69 % Highway without AC

I agree with you that most of the Euro IV cars are capable of delivering good FE if driven properly.
Old 5th March 2011, 17:52   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Great FE misquitas. I would be nice if you can give break up i.e % of driving in city & % of driving on highways, and also % of AC usage for above figures. I too regularly monitor FE of my Beat. The FE figures for my Beat are as follows:

I agree with you that most of the Euro IV cars are capable of delivering good FE if driven properly.
Thanks, Topolino. Your third FE reading is indeed excellent.

Well, the first and third FE test on my I10 was done here in Goa itself, while the second FE test was conducted during our Goa-Kolhapur-Belgaum trip. For this second FE test, I had documented detailed driving conditions in the following post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2221720

As far as the first and third FE tests are concerned, some details are mentioned in different posts of the same thread.

Here in Goa, much of my drives on the I10 have been inter and intra city (Panjim-Margao, Panjim-Mapusa, etc). Driving within Panjim and Margao can get quite congested, so 2nd and 3rd gears are frequently deployed. No, we have almost never used the AC during these FE tests (except on very few occasions) and so, it is but natural that the FE figures may appear high. However, for my academic purpose, I plan to conduct an FE test with 100% AC use sometime in May, when the mercury levels are high in Goa. Will report those figures after the FE yest is conducted.

To be honest, I do not like to differentiate between highway and city driving conditions. For me, any given FE test should be conducted under different set of conditions, simply because we drive under different set of conditions from Point A to B. At times, we drive along a busy road, the next moment the road could be clear. A FE test would essentially reflect a mix of various driving (city-highway) conditions. Hence, I would not be in a position to give a percentage to the route (highway or city) that I take while conducting the FE test. But suffice to say, all my FE tests so far have been conducted with very little use of the AC.

Last edited by misquitas : 5th March 2011 at 17:54.
Old 5th March 2011, 19:14   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post

Superb FE figures there, i do use the AC regularly with the heat in Mumbai. I do believe without AC a FE of 20+ Km/pl is very much possible.
Old 4th April 2011, 12:39   #64
BHPian

Hi rsramkee,
Hope you've got your RC document by now. What is mentioned in the body style column? Mine says it's a sedan. Complained about the same to Sundaram motors and they showed me another 3 RCs of BEAT and all of them say SEDAN. Would it be a problem while selling the car?
Old 4th April 2011, 23:32   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Hi rsramkee,
Hope you've got your RC document by now. What is mentioned in the body style column? Mine says it's a sedan. Complained about the same to Sundaram motors and they showed me another 3 RCs of BEAT and all of them say SEDAN. Would it be a problem while selling the car?
Hey I to worry about the same since my i10 lists in the Maharashtra RTO card as a Saloon. However from what I have come to know its a common mistake which happens (only in India) and we got to live with it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks