Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2011, 13:52   #31
BHPian

Re: Silver Fabia Elegance 1.6 petrol

Quote:
Thats a pretty good list to compare and fair ratings as well. Did you rate Micra low because of the dealer experience or do you think is that all what Micra deserves as a car?
Thanks swiftnfurious! My ratings were according to my needs. Micra's highway stability and performance would only be average. Its a good city car though. If Nissan can put a good service network in place, it can give the i10s and Ritzs a run for their money!

@KishoreC: thanks! I was going through your ownership thread, great info and thanks for sharing!
Old 13th February 2011, 19:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

The fabia! A FABULOUS choice. When i was on the lookout for a new car in 2008 had visited the skoda showroom to look around and what they had to offer. Was impressed with the fabia, it had everything. Big car feel, solid buid, lots of features etc etc. I was upgrading from my matiz, and the fabia felt like a luxury sedan. The feature that blew me away was the windows rolling up and down via the remote. My jaw dropped when the SA demonstrated this feature. He noticed this and knew he had me hooked. It was one big roller coaster ride from almost booking the fabia, to the cedia and then finally ended up with a civic. But the fabia still has a special place in my heart. Wishing you many miles of joyful motoring with your silver beauty. Btw would have bought her in silver too.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:38   #33
BHPian

Dislikes
- Poor low end torque. Frequent downshifts are necessary in the city to keep her moving making it really irritating at times. The engine and gearbox package seem to be tailored for fuel efficiency rather than outright performance. Also the engine develops a coarse note at high rpms
- Overall this is not a sporty car, the package in India is clearly customized for comfort and mileage. It will disappoint one looking for Fiesta level sportiness

I had the same issue with my swift petrol, (I know these arent the same cars) but after installing the K&N Stock air filter, i could see a major difference in the Low End Torque. The Car pulls neatly from a standstill in the 2nd gear, and pulls really well at 20 kmph on the 3rd gear too, It has improved the low end torque. Just my 2c. I don't know if this would help and also not sure if K&N Stock filters are available for Fabia.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal9321 View Post
congrats on your fab car!
Hope u really enjoy it!
Can someone confirm, is the new fabia 1.2 powered by the slightly tweaked version which is used in the polo or is it still the old one? Also, are there any downsides of the old 1.2?
Thanks
The 1.2 is the same plant that powers the Polo and functions with amazing likeness. Both cars come off the same assembly line so all parts are pretty much similar. I think the 1.2 is ok if your usage is only in and around traffic - while the car does have the ability to stretch its legs slightly, the performance can leave you underwhelmed and also using earmuffs to block out the sound.

The 1.6 is just the right amount of power for this hatch and I would recommend it over the 1.2.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:57   #35
BHPian

thanks, basically, Im being offered a fab 1.6 at the same price as polo 1.2 highline, which one would you recommend? Polo now has MORE features than the new fabia, like rear washer/wiper, rear defogger, electric ORVM, 15 inch alloys, etc
Thanks
Old 15th February 2011, 15:05   #36
BHPian

Quote:
thanks, basically, Im being offered a fab 1.6 at the same price as polo 1.2 highline, which one would you recommend? Polo now has MORE features than the new fabia, like rear washer/wiper, rear defogger, electric ORVM, 15 inch alloys, etc
Thanks
The 1.6 pretty much only comes in the top end spec - so you will get most of the features of the polo + more power + aux in and generally better ride quality along with more space. What you wont get are the stunning looks of the Polo and the rear windshield washer/ wiper and defogger.

I have test driven the polo in the 1.2 spec and the 1.6 spec and the Fabia in the same two specs. I pick the 1.6 Fab as top of the lot. You can find a lot of detail in my ownership review on the fabia.
Old 15th February 2011, 15:32   #37
BHPian

Thanks, Im definitely tilting towards the Fabia, its just the rear wiper/washer/defogger thats killing me!! I will TD both cars and see. I have TD'd Polo 1.2 before, the power was OK for city but it was very noisy, thats why Im tilting towards the Fabia 1.6, lets see, I would most probably get the one with more discounts.

EDIT: Are the rear AC vents any good?

Last edited by theoriginal9321 : 15th February 2011 at 15:36.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Im definitely tilting towards the Fabia, its just the rear wiper/washer/defogger thats killing me!! I will TD both cars and see. I have TD'd Polo 1.2 before, the power was OK for city but it was very noisy, thats why Im tilting towards the Fabia 1.6, lets see, I would most probably get the one with more discounts.

EDIT: Are the rear AC vents any good?
Both have their +ves and -ves. Space wise Fabia definitely wins, especially legroom for the driver, but it does look silly without the real wipe/defogger. Fabia also comes with several small bits not found in the Polo, a second interior light , for instance, which i find very useful. It also has a Electro-hydraulic steering, against the polo's fully electric one. Not much of a difference perhaps, but consider this - the Vento comes with the Electro-hydraulic set.

Rear AC vents come in only when the knob is set to the 'feet' position, but the drivers feet will freeze. The AC is good as it is. I think Fabia 1.6 at the price of Polo 1.2 highline is a good deal. Check for the corporate discounts also before you take your call.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:59   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Both have their +ves and -ves. Space wise Fabia definitely wins, especially legroom for the driver, but it does look silly without the real wipe/defogger. Fabia also comes with several small bits not found in the Polo, a second interior light , for instance, which i find very useful. It also has a Electro-hydraulic steering, against the polo's fully electric one. Not much of a difference perhaps, but consider this - the Vento comes with the Electro-hydraulic set.

Rear AC vents come in only when the knob is set to the 'feet' position, but the drivers feet will freeze. The AC is good as it is. I think Fabia 1.6 at the price of Polo 1.2 highline is a good deal. Check for the corporate discounts also before you take your call.

+1

Completely in agreement with 2cents 2 Cents! Test drive both and see what makes you smile!
Old 15th February 2011, 18:24   #40
BHPian

Great Move.Welcome to the 'Fabiosi' club buddy.There was a strong Fabia group in T-Bhp some time back and then they vanished.Lets build the Gang again . Do visit my post My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR
Old 15th February 2011, 19:05   #41
BHPian

^^ Hopefully Ill be joining the gang very soon!
Old 15th February 2011, 21:35   #42
BHPian

One more question, do the windows open and close using the remote key as well like in Polo? Thanks
Old 15th February 2011, 21:42   #43
BHPian

Quote:
One more question, do the windows open and close using the remote key as well like in Polo? Thanks
Yes, keep the unlock button pressed and the windows go down
Old 15th February 2011, 22:12   #44
BHPian

Some more night pics, please excuse the quality as they were shot with my phone
Silver Fabia Elegance 1.6 petrol-fabia01.jpg
Silver Fabia Elegance 1.6 petrol-fabia02.jpg
Silver Fabia Elegance 1.6 petrol-fabia03.jpg
Old 16th February 2011, 10:28   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guha_2001 View Post
Yes, keep the unlock button pressed and the windows go down
This feature is not there in the earlier version. Perhaps it can be set using VAG-CAM, shall check with the dealer when I take it for service. But what powers the windows, after the key is removed? I know it can be opened/closed for upto 10secs after turning off using switches on the door, but after that! Can some1 clarify?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks