Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 16:40   #61
BHPian

Re: Silver Fabia Elegance 1.6 petrol

Hi mempheS.D! Welcome to the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
@guha_2001: Is the factory fitted music system a Bosch?

Even my dealer was raving that its Bosch (I have the old BS3 Ambiente, with Skoda Dance audio). But when installing additional speakers in the rear door, I could not find Bosch mentioned anywhere, though the head unit was from Germany with the factory location mentioned.

When you say audio CD, I hope you mean an MP3 CD and not just an Audio CD.

It does play MP3s

As for the sunfilms, I was told by the dealer that the glasses are already 30% tinted.
The glass in the Elegance has a light greenish tint, same as Polo Highline, which in fact most wont even notice.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2011, 00:30   #62
BHPian

Quote:
@guha_2001: Is the factory fitted music system a Bosch? That's what I was told by the dealer. When you say audio CD, I hope you mean an MP3 CD and not just an Audio CD. Otherwise, this would mean, the stereo system would need to be changed too. Yikes!

As for the sunfilms, I was told by the dealer that the glasses are already 30% tinted. Couldn't believe or see that. I was doing my own research during this waiting period and shortlisted V-KOOL sunfilms as they seemingly protect the insides from UV rays. Can you help me with any research scatch pads that you might have used while selecting your sunfilms for the whiteknight?

Thanks
Bosch - wow! Seriously doubt it though, it is unbranded and must be made by one of the OEM guys in China. Sounds average and yes it does play MP3s in folders without a problem

Like 2cents said, even I didnt notice that the car had tints. I went for 'Global' range sunfilms for 3.5k, chose them because they had the same specs as 3M for abt 1k less

I am not the expert on sunfilms, but from I heard V-Kool is very overpriced. The best deal would be a mid range 3M or Global for 3.5-4.5k (without front windscreen). Lower spec variants from these mftrs would cost 2-2.5k. The sunfilm thread is very handy
Old 21st May 2011, 16:40   #63
BHPian

Fellow FABians:

Finally, the showroom guys called in today saying the white lady is finally ready. Here's a glimpse of it from the rear. Will be taking the delivery of it some time next week due "several" reasons. All said and done, just wanted to take time out to thank this forum for all 'em prompt replies which has led me to this FAB decision - especially rajcs, shivir and guha. My apologies if I've left out any.

Next steps:
1. Sunfilm - mostly vkool for sides only. any recommendations?
2. Tyres - Are the apollo acceleres good enough? Should I switch to premium brands and trade my almost new tyres for the max price. A casual round of enquiry with the tyre sales guy mentioned that most FABIAs switch the 65 profile instead of the stock 60 profile for a higher ground clearance which is an issue with Fab as per him. He was prolly trying his sales technique on me. What use trying it on an empty wallet ?? heheh..
3. Rear speakers - It appears you can fit upto 6" in the rear door slots without voiding warranty. So I think I'll be doing a 5.25" coaxial/component on the rear within the week. But I still do not know the RMS ratings of the Head Unit. Any one tried yet?
4. Any essential accessories that you can suggest from your experience with the Fabia? Parking sensors?

Like guha mentioned, the seat fabric is of good quality so Mr Stanley can wait for another year at the least.

For the ownership experience, I should be back in a week's time after I've spent quality time with "her". I hope my TBTS and lady luck are not gonna file a case against me for extra-extra-marital affairs.. LOL!

And yes, I need a TBHP sticker for the honour of being part of this wonderful group.
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Fabia Elegance 1.6 petrol-21052011006-blur.jpg  

Silver Fabia Elegance 1.6 petrol-21052011008blur.jpg  

mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2011, 17:15   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Next steps:
1. Sunfilm - mostly vkool for sides only. any recommendations?
2. Tyres - Are the apollo acceleres good enough? Should I switch to premium brands and trade my almost new tyres for the max price. A casual round of enquiry with the tyre sales guy mentioned that most FABIAs switch the 65 profile instead of the stock 60 profile for a higher ground clearance which is an issue with Fab as per him. He was prolly trying his sales technique on me. What use trying it on an empty wallet ?? heheh..
3. Rear speakers - It appears you can fit upto 6" in the rear door slots without voiding warranty. So I think I'll be doing a 5.25" coaxial/component on the rear within the week. But I still do not know the RMS ratings of the Head Unit. Any one tried yet?
4. Any essential accessories that you can suggest from your experience with the Fabia? Parking sensors?
Congrats on the car. let me add my opinions -

1) Stick to Vkool, its very good. Check out the K37 shade, it will look great on a white car.
2) Apollo Acceleres are decent all round tyres. If you are a quick driver (Of course you are thats why you are getting the 1.6) then upgrade to 195/60 R14. That will also increase your clearance by a bit.
3) Does the Fabia come with components in the front? If not then add after market components to the front and move the front speakers to the rear. If you can fit 6" speakers then get them. Most 5" speakers sound crap compared to 6".
4) Parking sensors will help you. Try and get ones which match with your car color.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 16:04   #65
BHPian

Sorry to see no recent update on this thread! Even if the car is discontinued, it should still be owned by many like me.

A die-hard admirer of my Fabia 1.6. I'm still looking for a car in this segment or one segment above which can instill the kind of confidence this tank can do!

Would like to write if there is any audience/user left in this thread owning this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks