Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 18:39   #31
BANNED

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

great pictures mandheers! The fit and finish of the interiors of your car looks top quality.
the cedia is one car which has truly attracted me. the next car i buy, will surely be a cedia if these petrol prices dont keep rising every alternate month!
PS - Keep a rag in your car which you can use for cleaning the dust and the mud which is very prominently seen on the front door speakers. Apart from that, everything looks flawless.
DMehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2011, 14:45   #32
VMG
BHPian

Cograts Mandheers. Good pictures and Cedia is the great car. I am enjoying my Cedia (Red Sports car) for the last 40 months. Car is running great in all aspects and I love my Cedia.
VMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2011, 04:21   #33
BHPian

Congrats Mandheer, Cedia is a great choice and I had owned it too in the past. This car grows on you and trust me even after 2 years of ownership you will be as excited to drive it out everyday the way you are now. Definitely better choice over Civic & Corolla.
Chat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2011, 10:02   #34
BHPian

@ khoj: Blue Cosworth tip spotted near my place at Oshiwara yesterday. Assuming it was you.

The Cedia rear is as is hard to miss; add to it the never-before-seen Blue colour and the matching Cosworth tip and it makes an awesome sighting.
Old 14th February 2011, 10:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
@ khoj: Blue Cosworth tip spotted near my place at Oshiwara yesterday. Assuming it was you.

The Cedia rear is as is hard to miss; add to it the never-before-seen Blue colour and the matching Cosworth tip and it makes an awesome sighting.
@mandheers, Yes I was in that location for the tbhp meet and was hoping that somehow you would be able to join us, despite the very short notice heads-up.
Old 14th February 2011, 10:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@mandheers, Yes I was in that location for the tbhp meet and was hoping that somehow you would be able to join us, despite the very short notice heads-up.
@ khoj: My mom was flying out yesterday and the day was full of running errands and dragging the wifey for 'The Mechanic'.

Surprisingly; she liked the movie; found it slow, but liked it towards the end.

Awful sorry for being unable to joing in this time. Will surely try making it sometime soon.
Old 15th February 2011, 18:39   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Few sedans can carry off the colour RED, but man, your car looks HOT! Even the interiors look rather nice. Congrats on the car. I've owned a Lancer earlier and can tell you, Mitsubishi's age really well.

BTW, can you PM me the location where your Cedia is parked overnight. Simply because I want to come STEAL YOUR STEERING WHEEL & PEDALS

Drive safe will ya
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2011, 19:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Few sedans can carry off the colour RED, but man, your car looks HOT! Even the interiors look rather nice. Congrats on the car. I've owned a Lancer earlier and can tell you, Mitsubishi's age really well.

BTW, can you PM me the location where your Cedia is parked overnight. Simply because I want to come STEAL YOUR STEERING WHEEL & PEDALS

Drive safe will ya
Thanks GTO; and yet again for editing my initial post. It ended up being an awful mass of text.

You should get my address over PM in a bit; do let me know in advance of your 'visit' and I will get the car cleaned up inside out. I wouldn't want you waking me up to tell me how dirty it gets on the inside.

I too had a Lancer GLXi and did the most stupid thing to sell it at 87k kms to go in for the Accent GLE when I did. The Accent's so far clocked only 21k in 3 years; and the Lancer would've taken double that in it's stride easy. Anyways, lost a great car to crappy logic back then.

Gaurav here has got me eager to try a double ton but once; save that I will be driving safe.

p.s.: got the TBHP sticker set delivered; absolutely clueless where on the car do I put them.
Old 15th February 2011, 20:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the location where your Cedia is parked overnight.
Fantastic location for a car shoot, isnt it? I really liked the snaps even though they were from phone.

Quote:
Simply because I want to come STEAL YOUR STEERING WHEEL & PEDALS
I'd like to buy them from you once you manage to steal them. PM me the quote .

Please find my replies in bold

Quote:
Gaurav here has got me eager to try a double ton but once; save that I will be driving safe.

Anyone talking about me .

p.s.: got the TBHP sticker set delivered; absolutely clueless where on the car do I put them.

LTD can go on rear bumper, driven by team bhp on rear screen and teambhp.com on front number plate. thats how I got them.

PS: I wont recommend sticking any on main body. Bumbers and glass area is the best bet.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2011, 22:59   #40
BHPian

Congrats Gaurav..

i have a CEDIA SPORTS YELLOW which i had bought just 2 months back..proud to be a cedizen..

Last edited by deepanonline : 15th February 2011 at 23:01. Reason: no picture to be added
Old 15th February 2011, 23:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Congrats Gaurav..

well, you are a bit late, ahem..just by about 2 years. I guess you meant congratulating Mandheers, since this is his thread. Sorry, if I ve been posting too much in his thread.

Thanks anyways

i have a CEDIA SPORTS YELLOW which i had bought just 2 months back..proud to be a cedizen..

I am glad, every cedizen on this forum and I am sure outside too has been proud to own this increadible machine.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th February 2011 at 23:43.
Old 16th February 2011, 03:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you guys serious? and more than that, Is it possible? from the Cedia's SOHC, 2.0 liter engine, especially on an open road.

The max I have been able to do (several times though) is an indicated 175 + on the speedometer which gets reflected at 166 Kmph on the GPS. However I have never ever put the pedal to the metal / floor, so maybe if I work the box right and push down hard enough, could go past the 180 mark on the meter but it is risky. I generally run out of room and am unable to keep her at the achieved speeds for more than a couple of minutes on the BOM-PUN expressway. On the Udaipur to Chittorgarh stretch though, especially after Mangalwar there is a patch of about 20+ kilometers which is arrow straight and absolutely deserted and it is here that this is easily doable and enjoyable. Infact that entire run from Udaipur to Chittorgarh is a dream triple digit run. I am beginning to ramble now, let me know what you guys have been able to do.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2011, 11:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

OT - Deepan, Congrats. Yellow Cedia! Where are the pictures mate.?
Old 16th February 2011, 12:22   #44
BHPian

@ khoj: I will definitely give it a shot once. The only option I have is the Mumbai Pune Expressway; although the Udaipur to Chittorgarh stretch sounds like a dream.

I tipped a very restrained 160kmph at 3500rpm on the Expressway, that too with 4 adults on board and the AC on, and can safely assume to cross 180 with just my 97 kilos on board and a slight headwind.

Also, the 160 odd was with the closed air duct; and I would like to see what the stock air duct is capable of. Add to that gaurav's suggestion of pushing it in 4th rather than 5th (like I did per usual driving); and it actually made sense when I pushed it a bit within city on an open road. The 4th is a very powerful gear on this one and gets the car raring to go.

@ deepanonline: Hearty congratulations on your Yellow! That's the original headturner.

Last edited by mandheers : 16th February 2011 at 12:35. Reason: added experience
Old 16th February 2011, 13:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Are you guys serious? and more than that, Is it possible? from the Cedia's SOHC, 2.0 liter engine, especially on an open road.

The max I have been able to do (several times though) is an indicated 175 + on the speedometer which gets reflected at 166 Kmph on the GPS. However I have never ever put the pedal to the metal / floor, so maybe if I work the box right and push down hard enough, could go past the 180 mark on the meter but it is risky. I generally run out of room and am unable to keep her at the achieved speeds for more than a couple of minutes on the BOM-PUN expressway. On the Udaipur to Chittorgarh stretch though, especially after Mangalwar there is a patch of about 20+ kilometers which is arrow straight and absolutely deserted and it is here that this is easily doable and enjoyable. Infact that entire run from Udaipur to Chittorgarh is a dream triple digit run. I am beginning to ramble now, let me know what you guys have been able to do.
@Khoj...your blue beast can certainly cross the double ton. I've done it only once, a speedo indicated 205km/hr and I had a feeling that given the road she might have been able to pull 7-8 extra clicks. I've heard from a few other people too apart from Gaurav who've touched crossed the double ton on more than one occasion. The only time I'm going to try it next time would either be on the road suggested by you or something which appears deserted.

@Mandheers...Congratulations first on the red beast from the owner of another red one. I'm sure you'll love every moment spent behind the wheel of this car.
Right said about the 4th gear thing. The tranny on this car is a joy to work except the slight shuddering in first gear at times in stop n go traffic. And yes we need more pictures of your car
lifeonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks