Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 22:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios V - Initial Ownership Experience

Congrats. Very keen to know details after your long drive.
Are the seats comfortable?
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey Upgrade, first of all congrats for a long lasting relation with Toyota. The car looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
===
Negatives:
===
Only one remote locking key
===
Just wanted to tell you that for my Altis they first gave me only one keyless entry remote. Then I read on the forum that they need to give one more. I kept pushing the dealer for the second remote and after almost one month the sales manager called me and gave me the second remote saying that the company send it late.

I will suggest please write a mail to Toyota or call them and keep pushing your dealer for second remote key.
Old 4th February 2011, 12:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:

Negatives:
Speedometer marking lines

After Delivery:
Attachment 495202
This is really odd as most of the cars have the rpm and speedo needles above the marking lines but in Etios case, its under the marking lines. This would hamper easy readability IMO.
Old 4th February 2011, 14:19   #19
BHPian

Hey Upgrade, congrats on your upgrade .
I'd considered the Etios, but when I heard delivery would take 6 months, I didn't even feel like TDing it. 1st thing I'll do tomorrow is TDing it.
Quote:

Has anyone heard about Infra Kool sun film? Dealer offers it for 9,500 including windshield.
Well, this is the 1st time I've heard about Infra cool, but I think Garware Icecool shield will do. It retails at Rs 3000. I have this on my i10, but not in my Fiesta, and it makes a lot of difference. Sitting in my i10 is more comfy than in the Fiesta, just because the Icecool shield cuts down the sun's radiation considerably, while in the Fiesta, when I'm up front, I feel hot.
Old 4th February 2011, 14:47   #20
BHPian

Hi Upgrade,
Congrats for your new car. Can you please provide split of your total car cost? My cousin has booked one and showroom has quoted 8.2L on road i think (don't remember correctly). Your split can help him save some good amount of money. And when did you book the car and how many days it took to deliver? Which dealer?
Old 4th February 2011, 14:50   #21
BHPian

Congrats upgrade! The car is a beauty. From having the speedo right behind the steering wheel, on your santro (on most cars), is it an issue having it at the center? Btw, I love that console, looks cool.
Old 4th February 2011, 18:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Upgrade. Good that more ownership reviews are trickling in after RegularIndian.

Is that a Symphony Silver? I get confused between the bluish and symphony silver even after having checked the colors in the stockyard. It looks good.

Maybe you should check with RegularIndian's thread also, he has been practically seeing the issues with Noise in cabin and resolutions on that.

Top of 2.5K rpm should be okay in initial run-in period, but keep in mind not to constantly rev for long times at the same speed/revs and keep it variable as much as possible.

Happy driving.
Old 4th February 2011, 19:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

@Upgrade, congrats on your upgrade with the wheels! How are the interiors in terms of plastic touch/ feel?
Please also post some interior pics when you return and let us know about the drive/ handling on the highway run
Old 4th February 2011, 23:48   #24
BHPian

Congrats! Very true about the paint quality. The other day I saw a Silver colored Etios, and was impressed by the exterior shine. Please post more pics of the car.
Old 6th February 2011, 19:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Hey Upgrade, first of all congrats for a long lasting relation with Toyota. The car looks good.

Just wanted to tell you that for my Altis they first gave me only one keyless entry remote. Then I read on the forum that they need to give one more. I kept pushing the dealer for the second remote and after almost one month the sales manager called me and gave me the second remote saying that the company send it late.

I will suggest please write a mail to Toyota or call them and keep pushing your dealer for second remote key.
The owner's manual itself shows the picture of 2 keys and one remote key only. Nevertheless I will definitely ask them to give me one more key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
Hi Upgrade,
Congrats for your new car. Can you please provide split of your total car cost? My cousin has booked one and showroom has quoted 8.2L on road i think (don't remember correctly). Your split can help him save some good amount of money. And when did you book the car and how many days it took to deliver? Which dealer?
Approximate break-up

Ex show room: 6.385
Road Tax: 0.99
Regn Handling: 0.06
Insurance: 0.175 (TATA-AIG, Pearl)
Approx total: 7.61 Lakhs

The insurance by the dealer will be very high (in my case 23,000). If you take outside it will be cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
@Upgrade, congrats on your upgrade with the wheels! How are the interiors in terms of plastic touch/ feel?
Please also post some interior pics when you return and let us know about the drive/ handling on the highway run
I think the interior plastic quality in this range of cars are almost same: Hard to touch and feel. The steering wheel felt made of better quality plastics.

I completed my Chennai trip without any issues. I'll post the updates in my next posting.
Old 7th February 2011, 11:27   #26
BHPian

Re: My Chennai trip - 840 km done now!

Hey Upgrade! Congrats on your new car. Hope it gives you many many years of driving pleasure.

I too went through a similar decision curve as yours, seeking a replacement for my old M-1000. Almost booked the Manza when I heard of Etios, then booked the Silver "V" version on 2nd day of bookings. Am expecting allotment in May. Have been waiting and hoping for ownership experience threads on the Forums, so was really glad to come across yours today.

Quote:
Music system is average and it doesn't even have a mute option.
Coming next - some pictorial observations.
Ya - I was *very* surprised at that - tapped the volume button 5-6 times during my TD before realizing that the mute option just isn't there. Sad to see such deficiencies in another-wise great car. I felt that at least the VX version should have been loaded with a good music system, seat-height adjust, electronic OVRMs etc.

My OTR price quote includes approx Rs 5600 for a TGA (Toyota Genuine Accessory) package. Did you have that as well? Can you tell me what package includes? My dealer here is clueless about it.

I am also planning for Tata AIG insurance for my car - do you have claim experience with Tata AIG - how was it?

Thanks for sharing your experiences and looking forward to following your thread.
Old 7th February 2011, 19:32   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey I'm a bit late, but Hearty Congratulations on your ETIOS! Informative post and good pictures.

BTW, I think the built-in music system also plays DVDs and has a Video out already on the back? I think adding good rear speakers (and may be an amp) and an LCD screen may vamp it up...Or it doesn't play DVDs? I may be wrong there...

Wishing you unlimited safe and happy miles with her!

Cheers.
Old 7th February 2011, 20:32   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

BTW, I think the built-in music system also plays DVDs and has a Video out already on the back? I think adding good rear speakers (and may be an amp) and an LCD screen may vamp it up...Or it doesn't play DVDs? I may be wrong there...
I believe it's the VX, and not the V, that is DVD compatible.
Old 8th February 2011, 02:29   #29

Re: My Chennai trip - 840 km done now!

Congrats upgrade on ur sedan upgrade.

I test drove etios couple of days back and my observations are also similar to you regarding the NVH level. Infact as I turned on the ignition, I initially got the impression that it is a diesel car. Throughout the drive also I could hear the engine. Is there any method to reduce the infiltration of engine noise ??

Quote:
Music system is average and it doesn't even have a mute option. But I will live with it for some more time.
Have u installed rear speakers ?? Can speakers be installed in the rear and what is approximate cost ? Any idea ??
Old 8th February 2011, 10:05   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive4fun View Post
Congrats upgrade on ur sedan upgrade.

I test drove etios couple of days back and my observations are also similar to you regarding the NVH level. Infact as I turned on the ignition, I initially got the impression that it is a diesel car. Throughout the drive also I could hear the engine. Is there any method to reduce the infiltration of engine noise ??

Have u installed rear speakers ?? Can speakers be installed in the rear and what is approximate cost ? Any idea ??
I haven't installed rear speaker. There is some kind of provisioning. But I think it still requires some cutting to be done on the rear plank.

I have a feeling that noise level is slowly coming down as the car does more kilometers. My first service will be done in less than a week's time. I hope things will improve after that. I am also going for Waxoyl underbody coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey I'm a bit late, but Hearty Congratulations on your ETIOS! Informative post and good pictures.

Wishing you unlimited safe and happy miles with her!

Cheers.
V only has Audio CD player. VX has DVD player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam109 View Post
Hey Upgrade! Congrats on your new car. Hope it gives you many many years of driving pleasure.

I too went through a similar decision curve as yours, seeking a replacement for my old M-1000. Almost booked the Manza when I heard of Etios, then booked the Silver "V" version on 2nd day of bookings. Am expecting allotment in May. Have been waiting and hoping for ownership experience threads on the Forums, so was really glad to come across yours today.

Ya - I was *very* surprised at that - tapped the volume button 5-6 times during my TD before realizing that the mute option just isn't there. Sad to see such deficiencies in another-wise great car. I felt that at least the VX version should have been loaded with a good music system, seat-height adjust, electronic OVRMs etc.

My OTR price quote includes approx Rs 5600 for a TGA (Toyota Genuine Accessory) package. Did you have that as well? Can you tell me what package includes? My dealer here is clueless about it.

I am also planning for Tata AIG insurance for my car - do you have claim experience with Tata AIG - how was it?

Thanks for sharing your experiences and looking forward to following your thread.
My price doesn't include TGA package. My dealer didn't tell anything about that to me. I read in tbhp that TATA-AIG is good. Standard policy is available for 12,000 from Reliance. But it looks like they are poor in claim settlement. So I went for TATA-AIG. Bajaj (also supposed to be good) was not having nil depreciation add-on for Etios when I took my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks