Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 18:40   #1
BHPian

Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home

Hi All,
I have finally brought home my new Scorpio SLE 7 seater - Fiery Black (with silver cladding) - BSIV 2011 model on 05.02.2011. Took delivery at 10.30 am. ODO was 85 KM. I got my dream vehicle from M/s AMPL, R.P. Road, Secunderabad / Hyderabad. The sales team was really good and kept their promise on the date for the delivery of the vehicle. Efforts of M/s Automotives Pvt. Ltd. staff are laudable. When I was late for an hour or so, they called me up to remind me vehicle is ready for delivery. Box of dry fruits and small gift pack was handed over during the brief and symbolic key handover. Few pictures were clicked. Service person briefed about the features. Service engineer will visit my place in a day or two for a comprehensive briefing. My dream vehicle was now all mine. AMPL had provided 20 liters of Diesel in the tank. After thanking almighty for fulfilling the wish of owning a Scorpio, drove with family straight to KFC for a quick bite. After a pleasant drive around the city headed to home.

The plan to get my dream vehicle is briefly mentioned in my post in "Booked My Car thread". I finally sold my i-10 magna for a reasonable price after 3 years and 20K plus on ODO for Rs 3.10 lakhs. This deal was sealed with 'Mahindra First Choice' The arangement was that i will leave my old car at AMPL on the delivery day. It was really painful while parting ways with my i-10. My kid (7 yrs) was not willing to let the guyz take i-10.
I did strike a deal of getting a 15 k discount on Insurance, 7k for corporate discount, free floor mats (extra), reverse camera with 3"LCD screed, free body cover and transparent floor mats.Some discount on the bull bar, roof mounted AC and chrome kit was given. The OTR price (incl Road tax, insurance, extended warranty) was 10.26L. Apart from this, an amount of Rs 60K was spent on accessories at the dealer. Main reason for getting these accessories at the dealership was the Roof mounted AC. I did not want to take any risk of this being done by others.
I am truly enjoying driving this wonderful machine. Overall driving experience is great, I am enjoying the better visibility on the road. It is easy to drive in traffic Inspite of huge dimensions. No doubt, it has a few niggling problems as many owners have mentioned in this forum, but then, in contrast to the smile it puts on my face when my little kid asks 'Dad, why everyone is looking at our new car" , is unparalleled. I have started feeling like a king.
I have got ICE and seat covers done at PIT STOP - Somajiguda. I will post the details and pictures in a day or two.

Have driven around 150 kms since saturday most in city besides a two way drive on PVNR elevated expressway. .

Initial observations :

Very easy to maneuver.
The Turning radius is amazing.
Space utilization is poor.
Glove box size is inadequate.
Gear lever vibration is prominent
Old 7th February 2011, 19:42   #2
BHPian

Re: Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home

Congrats NightHawk.
Wishing you happy miles in your dream vehicle. Looking forward to some pictures.
Sle is indeed a nice buy. one question. Does SLE come with ABS??
Old 7th February 2011, 21:07   #3
BHPian

hi , congrats on your new scorpio and wishing you many happy & safe miles . BTW what tyres did you get BS or Apollo hawkz
Old 7th February 2011, 23:28   #4
BHPian

@zteg: Thanks and yes ABS is a standard feature of SLE version

@rm arjuna: Thanks. Tyres are MRF wanderer.
Old 8th February 2011, 00:10   #5
BANNED

congrats on the buy!

The Scorpio is a heck of an SUV!

Just was curious so as to know, as to why you did not go for the top model VLX, as you spent so much on accessories.

a little more of a stretch would have given you great features and airbags.

anyways don't let this dampen your enthusiasm,BTW where are the pics?
Old 8th February 2011, 00:11   #6
BHPian

dear friends,
Posting some pictures of my SLE scorpio. Pictures of interiors will be posted in a couple of days
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home-mhawk-038.jpg  

Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home-mhawk-039.jpg  

Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home-mhawk-042.jpg  

Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home-mhawk-049.jpg  

Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home-mhawk-055.jpg  

Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home-mhawk-044.jpg  

Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home-mhawk-046.jpg  

Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home-mhawk-050.jpg  

Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home-mhawk-047.jpg  

Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home-mhawk-053.jpg  

Old 8th February 2011, 07:19   #7
BHPian

Congratulations Night Hawk. I can understand how it feels, if you have to let go a car, after owning it for few years, as I was in a similar situation too. I love the roof mounted AC. Wish you many more miles of happiness.
Old 8th February 2011, 09:09   #8
BHPian

COngrats Nnight Hawk, This one truly head turner and satisfies the male ego any reason for not considering the Vlx model ?

Drive Safe
Old 8th February 2011, 11:51   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed