Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 22:04   #61
BHPian

Re: My Man(z)a - Indigo Manza - QJD Gothic Olive Aura + - 1500 Intiial ownership repo

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
A very detailed and informative thread i must say Mr. shridhar!

I read the whole thread right from the beginning and found it to be qualitatively informative.!
Rating 5 stars!

I am also planning on the AURA model of manza, but with the amount of rattling and niggling issues you are reporting i find it highly disturbing.

Would you still recommend the CAR?

Thanks in advance,
Sahil
Thanks Sahil. Despite the niggles and rattling, there are many things to like about the car e.g. the space, ride quality, decent handling, rugged body, gem of an engine, decent gear box, feature set, some good aspects of Tata's after sale service like replacing things in warranty, taking feedback. The VFM quotient is very high.

On my daily commute, there is a 1 km stretch which is very pathetic, 3-4 kms stretch which is bad that contributes to rattling plus the additions to the music system that I added. Most people would won't even notice it. The alternator failure was a OEM failure that too a OEM even used by many other manufacturers. The issue though is the wait time for the some of the parts and not so freely available accessories.

Three more people who bought Manza on my recommendation are very happy about it. Despite the niggles, Tatas do fix most of them when we visit the service center but the service center visit itself is quite unwarranted. Tatas, if they can get their act together on the quality front especially on parts sourced from outside, they can give the ETIOS and Dzire a run for their money.

Would recommend the car if you can live with the additional visits to the TASC that it may warrant to some (not all).
Old 25th February 2012, 19:01   #62
BHPian

Re: My Man(z)a - Indigo Manza - QJD Gothic Olive Aura + - 1500 Intiial ownership repo

Folks. My relationship with Manza came to end yesterday as I sold the car off. The car completed 1 yr + 1 month and 17500 kms. The car served me excellently despite the minor niggles and loved every km of my drive on it. It was a tough call as I had to downgrade to an hatch to enable my wife to drive and knowing that the resale is going to hit me sometime and decided to take it now than later.

Bought it onroad for Rs. 7.7L and sold it at Rs. 6.05L. The IDV value of Rs 5,92,000 was pulling the price down and most dealers seems to apply an haircut and quote a price of 5,50,000 or max 5,75,000.

Ownership summary
1) Ownership cost (from memory)
Oil change at 10k outside Rs 1400
Official Oil at 17000k/1 yr Rs 3400
Air filter (thrice ) Rs 750
Replacement of broken tail lamp Rs 1000
Replacement of left outer orvm Rs 1050
Plastic engine gaurd at the bottom Rs 380
Oil filter (twice ) Rs 500 odd
Alignment cost : Rs 1200 (3 times)
2) Vehicle needs frequent realignment and checks on the suspension when driven over bad roads
3) AC though good needs frequent cleaning, good sunfilms (considering large glass area and size) to be effective
4) Average mileage 15.5-16 kmpl (90% city and 10 % highways at high speed)
5) Alternator failed once and replaced under warranty. Car was out at TASS for 10 days
6) Frequent failures of power window switches, combination switches all replaced under warranty
7) A/c recirculation mode control vane/motor failure (replaced under warranty)
8) Minor rattling noise at dashboard
9) Only one puncture despite driving on bad roads
10) The major pitfall that I see is the people in the resale market don't differentiate the quality of this car with the other indicas/indigos nor the features set it offers. They treat Aura with Aura+/Elan the same as a Tata
11) The cars main body & bumper is solidly build. Twice, two wheelers hit my car behind and the only thing that resulted was scratch on the paint. Once an Ikon scraped closely in bumper to bumper traffic on the doors and all Manza was some paint off the ikon which I was able to wash off.

Concluding points: Would recommend the car to any one if they can live with a few additional visits to T.A.S.S than other models and don't mind the resale. Tata have a product that can be market leader if they
a) Improve the QC on their manufacturing and on vendor supplied components
b) Fix minor things like panel gaps etc.
c) differentiate the product lines from Tatas flagship product Indica/Indigo

This is probably my last post on this thread and admins can decide to close this thread.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:02   #63
Senior - BHPian

Just saw your post here on the sale of your Manza, its sad to see that you had to sell it only after a year. So which hatch are you going to buy now?
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:02   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Just saw your post here on the sale of your Manza, its sad to see that you had to sell it only after a year. So which hatch are you going to buy now?
Hi Motomaverick,

Yes, it was a sad to sell it so soon. Adding to the hatch requirement, was some family sentimental reason as well . I have booked a Swift ZDI (Jan 2012) and Dzire CS ZDI (Feb 29 2012 from another dealer) and still waiting. Whichever comes first, will take it. Currently doing without a car. Had booked and invoiced a Ritz VDI ABS as an alternative right before the budget to hedge the risk of the rumored 80k tax on diesel car. Since it did not happen, converted the ritz booking to Dzire ZDI booking. Have told both the dealers that I will take any ZDI which ever comes first and keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Hi Motomaverick,

Yes, it was a sad to sell it so soon. Adding to the hatch requirement, was some family sentimental reason as well . I have booked a Swift ZDI (Jan 2012) and Dzire CS ZDI (Feb 29 2012 from another dealer) and still waiting. Whichever comes first, will take it. Currently doing without a car. Had booked and invoiced a Ritz VDI ABS as an alternative right before the budget to hedge the risk of the rumored 80k tax on diesel car. Since it did not happen, converted the ritz booking to Dzire ZDI booking. Have told both the dealers that I will take any ZDI which ever comes first and keeping my fingers crossed.
Great, so you basically divided the Manza into two

But cost wise i guess it will be working to quite a lot consideirng you choose the zdi.
Old 10th April 2012, 20:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Great, so you basically divided the Manza into two

But cost wise i guess it will be working to quite a lot consideirng you choose the zdi.
Though I have two bookings, I will pick the one that comes first and cancel the next. The new Swift will cost me almost what I paid for the Manza.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks