Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2011, 01:53   #61
BHPian

Re: Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Nice sill plates there! I presume they are screwed in? And also just out of curiosity, are they hooked up to the door-open lamp switch? Or with the headlamp switch? The questions may sound naive but its the first time I'm paying attention to the illuminated plates. Look really great...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
They are hooked to the door-open lamp switch.
Yes; they are connected to the door open lamp located just above the Rear view mirror.
The plates are stuck on to the body with a double sided tape/glue.

The red lettered T-Jet lighting up in the dark look really cool. This has become the most fascinated thing for my 5 year old daughter

Last edited by bnzjon : 27th February 2011 at 01:54.
Old 27th February 2011, 06:43   #62
BHPian

Congratulations!!!
You surely are having a blast. I love the way you associate yourself with the car and its brand.

IMHO - the car will look much better with larger alloys. I remember Fiat offers 18" alloys for Linea.
Old 28th February 2011, 10:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

bnzjon

are the lapel pins illuminated too ??

I am looking for illuminated door sills with fiat embossed. yet to get it.
Old 4th March 2011, 16:21   #64
BHPian

Came to TBHP after quite a while and read about your upgrade. CONGRATULATIONS, mate and MAN, what an upgrade to T-Jet. I also read through your Bravo..Vocal white and learn from there about your upgrade. You couldn't ask for a better upgrade.
Enjoy your ride.
Old 6th March 2011, 13:56   #65
BHPian

Congratulations mate. Yesterday I test drove the T-jet and I was really blown away by the performance. So enjoy your ride.
Old 6th March 2011, 22:49   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
Congratulations!!!
You surely are having a blast. I love the way you associate yourself with the car and its brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Came to TBHP after quite a while and read about your upgrade. CONGRATULATIONS, mate and MAN, what an upgrade to T-Jet. I also read through your Bravo..Vocal white and learn from there about your upgrade. You couldn't ask for a better upgrade.
Enjoy your ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
Congratulations mate. Yesterday I test drove the T-jet and I was really blown away by the performance. So enjoy your ride.
Thanks Akbaree, Jaisha & GTX007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
bnzjon

are the lapel pins illuminated too ??

I am looking for illuminated door sills with fiat embossed. yet to get it.
Illuminated Lapel Pins on my blazer
FIAT embossed illuminated sill plates are available in the FIAT website. You may need to place an order with the Sales/Service guys to get it.

I have completed one month of ownership and just one word to describe my Jet "Awesome".
Old 8th March 2011, 08:56   #67
BHPian

Finally did the tints for glasses from 3M (Shri Balaji Agencies, Teynampet, Opp SIET College, Chennai).
Balaji Agencies is the sole distributor of 3M films for entire Tamilnadu.

Front Windsheild : CR70
Sides/Back : RE35

CR70 has 59% heat rejection and 70% visible light transmittance
RE35 has 56% heat rejection and 37% visible light transmittance

Total Cost :
CR70 - Rs. 6500
RE35 - Rs. 5670

I got a discount of 10 percent from the above listed price. I paid Rs.10,953 in total.

At 3M, prices were classified in to 4 - small, medium, large & Extra Large.
Linea is under extra large along with Laura, Superb, Accord etc which puts it in the highest price bracket.

Enquired about underbody coating and they said all Linea/Punto come with Antirust treatment done at the factory itself. They infact showed me the rubbery coating underneath the car which is the Antirust treatment.

Note to all Chennai friends :
1. 3M prices were increased effective 1/March.
2. Sri Balaji Agencies is relocating to Guindy Industrial Estate effective next month.
Old 12th March 2011, 16:10   #68
BHPian

Purchased these FIAT embroidered Seat belt (shoulder) pads from eBay for $3.8 + $5 for postage (total Rs. 411)

They are made of soft elasticised polyestered cotton and have a velcro for fixing on the seat belts.

Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet-dsc01063.jpg

Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet-dsc01064.jpg
Old 13th March 2011, 16:29   #69
BHPian

Completed 1 month and 1000 kms

My Jet completed one month and 1000 km's last week.

Though i vowed to strictly follow the Run-in period until 2500 kms, i have broken the rule more than once atleast every week. The Turbo is very addictive resulting in short sprints of 140 - 150 kmph on many occassions.

Sedate to moderate foot driving gives me an amazing mileage of around 11 to 12 in Chennai city B2B driving. I am quite happy about it.

The mileage during the intial days were in the range of 10 to 11 kmpl and with ageing, the Jet returns an impressive mileage of 11 to 12 kmpl in city conditions.

Yet to take her on the highways, thanks to the tight work schedule in the last one month.

I don't have to talk about her performance and handling, as we all know. Ride is well balanced and the turbo is definetely addictive.

Any niggles with the car ? i could hear a faint rattling after the sunfilm installation from the rear. After an hour's investigation by self, realised that the seat belt casings were pushed under the seats while the rear glasses were tinted. Its all fine now.

Awaiting the run-in period to get over.

You can see the mileage figures during the initial days and as of today.

Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet-dsc01030.jpg

Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet-dsc01065.jpg
Old 13th March 2011, 23:58   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Finally did the tints for glasses from 3M (Shri Balaji Agencies, Teynampet, Opp SIET College, Chennai).
Hey Bnz, photos post the tint make over is due buddy ..
She'd be a stunner now.... right?

Also, B2B traffic mileage of a 1.2 tonne car @ 12 kmpl is pretty good by any standards... Post run-in, i feel there should be a definite jump in that [I doubt that in one way, coz you'd be driving with a heavy pedal ... i'm sure you can't resist]
Old 14th March 2011, 10:07   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh View Post
Hey Bnz, photos post the tint make over is due buddy ..
She'd be a stunner now.... right?

Also, B2B traffic mileage of a 1.2 tonne car @ 12 kmpl is pretty good by any standards... Post run-in, i feel there should be a definite jump in that [I doubt that in one way, coz you'd be driving with a heavy pedal ... i'm sure you can't resist]
Hi Avinash, high definition photoshoot is long pending. My friend (BHP'ian 'Teky') is calling me for a long time but damn the work these days. Dont want to spend the weekend too out of home. My wifey would discard me. She is already so pissed off with me becaue of my too much attention to the car

Regarding the mileage, if i drive with a very light foot, the figures would definetely be better than this.

You are right, its very tough to drive with a light foot. The turbo punch is very addictive.
Old 14th March 2011, 10:24   #72
BHPian

congratulations to the 'T'!

this is the petrol version of the car that Fiat ought to have launched in the 1st place... build brand loyalty with a cracking product and then let it filter down to a cheaper offering a little bit down the line (i.e. then introduce the 1.2 l petrol engine as a variant)

but FIAT loves to do things the wrong way round *sigh*

be safe mano. and many happy miles (kilometers)
Old 14th March 2011, 15:12   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Balaji Agencies is the sole distributor of 3M films for entire Tamilnadu.

Front Windsheild : CR70
Sides/Back : RE35

CR70 has 59% heat rejection and 70% visible light transmittance
RE35 has 56% heat rejection and 37% visible light transmittance

Total Cost :
CR70 - Rs. 6500
RE35 - Rs. 5670

I got a discount of 10 percent from the above listed price. I paid Rs.10,953 in total.

At 3M, prices were classified in to 4 - small, medium, large & Extra Large.
Linea is under extra large along with Laura, Superb, Accord etc which puts it in the highest price bracket.

Enquired about underbody coating and they said all Linea/Punto come with Antirust treatment done at the factory itself. They infact showed me the rubbery coating underneath the car which is the Antirust treatment.

Note to all Chennai friends :
1. 3M prices were increased effective 1/March.
2. Sri Balaji Agencies is relocating to Guindy Industrial Estate effective next month.
Great bnzjon.

I am surprised to know that Linea/Punto are pre-treated for Antirust. I actually went to them for 3M Underbody coating. They did not tell me this. They did the 3M underbody for my Punto.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 14th March 2011 at 15:13. Reason: Grammatical errors corrected
Old 15th March 2011, 10:17   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
congratulations to the 'T'!
Thanks Bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Great bnzjon.

I am surprised to know that Linea/Punto are pre-treated for Antirust. I actually went to them for 3M Underbody coating. They did not tell me this. They did the 3M underbody for my Punto.
Ramesh, i already knew that Linea and Punto are pre-treated for Antirust from Mangesh Kodalkar of FIAT India. While at 3M, i just enquired 3M what is the rubbery coating underneath and they (Mr. Dennis) said, it is the Antirust treatment which is the same stuff which 3M also does.

He said, there are many Linea/Punto customer who go for an additional coat. This helps in sound deadning.

I doubt whether 3M proactively inform the customer about this.
Even the TATA service centres sell 3M/Wurth/Dinitrol antirust treatments to FIAT customers during the service schedules.

Last edited by bnzjon : 15th March 2011 at 10:36.
Old 15th March 2011, 15:13   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bro.

Ramesh, i already knew that Linea and Punto are pre-treated for Antirust from Mangesh Kodalkar of FIAT India. While at 3M, i just enquired 3M what is the rubbery coating underneath and they (Mr. Dennis) said, it is the Antirust treatment which is the same stuff which 3M also does.

He said, there are many Linea/Punto customer who go for an additional coat. This helps in sound deadning.

I doubt whether 3M proactively inform the customer about this.
Even the TATA service centres sell 3M/Wurth/Dinitrol antirust treatments to FIAT customers during the service schedules.
Thanks bnzjon for clarifying. It seems I have done additional coating for my Punto without knowing this .

Most Viewed