Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2011, 17:47   #16
BANNED

Re: My Pearl Flash!!!- Optra Magnum

great review Akkiben! Your car looks absolutely fantastic. Enjoy the car. How would you compare the cedia and the optra in driving terms? If fuel price is not an issue, which would you recommend?
Also, post some interior pictures please!
Old 16th February 2011, 18:01   #17
BHPian

Hey Akkiben, Congrtas on your new oil burner. Wish you a long and a safe journey in your Maggy. What's the FE you are getting?
Old 17th February 2011, 17:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Great choice. The current deals make it even sweeter. The torque wave is addictive. What you will definitely miss is the sharp handling of the cedia.

PS: Why did you not opt for LT with ABS and all other goodies? The price difference shouldnt be much I think
About a lakh plus difference :( i thought i'd use that extra money to buy me some more power (read green cotton n Pete's) and good tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
great review Akkiben! Your car looks absolutely fantastic. Enjoy the car. How would you compare the cedia and the optra in driving terms? If fuel price is not an issue, which would you recommend?
Also, post some interior pictures please!
Cedia's drive experience is something hard to describe, at best its addictive!!!, but so is Optra's Torgue and wheelspins...equally addictive:-)

Will post some interior pics, strange but i'm yet to take any interior pics. Will do over this weekend.
I'll tell you this, its very roomy!!! One of the reasons i even over looked the Cruze!!!

Last edited by Akkiben : 17th February 2011 at 17:43.
Old 17th February 2011, 17:53   #19
BANNED

you mean to say it is roomier than the cruze? I never thought that would be the case! One of the reasons i would overlook the cruze would be the ground clearance. The optra is much better in terms of that.
Old 17th February 2011, 18:28   #20
BHPian

Absolutely roomier than the Cruze. The rear leg space is less in the Cruze compared to the Optra, added to that the seat n the low (Read very low) roof at the rear is irritating. Ground clearance wise the Cruze fares better, thanks to its 16" wheels.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:06   #21
BHPian

Torquedo, thanks for the info. Will keep that in mind, while checking car before registration.

OTR for LT 2.0 is Rs. 10.8, after discounts, i get it for Rs. 10.35 L. This price is without CPCO. I understand that they have slashed the price and now it costs Rs. 27K.

I am waiting for delivery and the usually delivery time im told is 8 - 10 weeks. I have to wait additional week to get a 2011 model.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:43   #22
BANNED

Hello All (the potential new owners for Optra Magnum) -

Found an interesting thing; while I was visiting different dealers here in Delhi for getting the best quote for Optra, I ran across this - and in turn wrote and e-mail to GM regarding my inquiry, to cut it short, the brochures dated September/October 2010 had the following specifications:

Power - 125.5 @ 3800 RPM
Torque - 305 Nm @ 2000 RPM

While the pre October 2010 brochures had these:

Power - 120.5 @ 3000 RPM
Torque - 314 Nm @ 2125 RPM

I keep forgetting getting the hard copies to the office, scanning them and uploading the same on T-BHP.

Request all the potential buyers to confirm the same with your dealers and if possible get the 2011 brochures.

Here is the e-mail that I wrote:

Hello GM -

I have a very important query in regards to Optra Magnum DIESEL.

I have actually received a brochure from Auto Vikas Dealer in Lajpat Nagar- Delhi, which is DATED - SEPTEMBER 2010, having the following details for

Power - 125.5 @ 3800 RPM
Torque - 305 Nm @ 2000 RPM

According to the website and the older brochures though, the specifications are as follows:

Power - 120.5 @ 3000 RPM

I'm planning to buy the car in another week and came across this query.

As a potential owner of this car, I wanted to figure out what the correct specifications are?

I would be thankful if you can mail me the latest 2011 brochure as well.

Looking for a prompt reply.

Here is the response:

We are in receipt of your email concerning your query. We thank you for your kind consideration on patronizing GM Product.

At the outset, we would like to state that, the specifications you have seen on the website and in the older brochures are correct.

Power - 120.5 @ 3000 RPM

For further details you can log in to our website
www.chevrolet.co.in or you can call us at 30308080.
We thank you for writing into us and giving us the opportunity to be of assistance.
Please feel free to contact us on our 24-hr Helpline 30308080 for any further query and assistance. Looking forward to a long and happy association with you.

Kind Regards!
Amit Benwal

All Please PM me or update the thread if anyone gets a hold on 2011 Optra Magnum Diesel Brochure.
Old 21st February 2011, 13:23   #23
BHPian

Torquedo,

Spoke to my sales advisor and confirm it is 314 nm torque at 2125 rpm.
Old 21st February 2011, 20:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats ! Did you get CPCO too?

And the did it lose some it lose some bhp when it was made BSIV?
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:03   #25
BHPian

AFAIK it has not, i am not very sure though
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:33   #26
BANNED

Hey Viswesh -

Could you please check with the SE that you are dealing with and help the potential Optra buyers.

Regards,
Old 7th March 2011, 16:36   #27
BANNED

How is the ride quality of the car? The suspension, build quality etc? Is it somewhat similar to the cruze?
Old 9th March 2011, 10:23   #28
BHPian

The suspension and build quality is top notch.
In 1 year and 5 months of ownership and 23k kms ride on this stallion, I used to always wonder why there arent that many on road. After the ventos and lineas, i thought optra would end up as a slowly fading product giving way for Cruze. Looking at the response of this vehicle now, I am glad to admit that I am wrong. This still has a niche with auto lovers.
Old 9th March 2011, 10:42   #29
BANNED

An update for all the Optra aficionados (sad one though ) -

Thanks to the BS4 norms the technical specifications have changed,

Old Optra:

Power - 120.5 PS @ 3000 RPM

BS4 Optra

Power - 125.5 PS @ 3800 RPM
Torque - 304.8 Nm @ 2000 RPM

The torque has gone down but at the same time it is delivered at a low RPM as well.

The power has gone up by 5 PS but now it is delivered @ 3800 RPM so all the horses are now unleashed at a very later stage.

I have comfirmed the above stated with the brochures available here in Delhi and even called up the GM helpline (30308080 - Toll Free) more than a couple of times.

Gurus @ T-BHP - Please let us know if you think there would a drastic change in the performance both from standstill and in Gear.

Regards,

Happy Motoring !!
Old 13th July 2011, 22:39   #30
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2011 at 23:26. Reason: The link did not appear
sreejinair is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed