Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 09:17   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Unfortunate that you have to let it go.
You're right HappyWheels. We had decided to buy back the safari and use it for another year or two so we really hadn't even evaluated our options. Then one day a casual discussion about our near term needs and longer term plans just changed everything. Soon we were TD'ing our options and checking finance feasibility. What was supposed to be a long term goal got pulled nearer and soon we realized that we'd have to let go of the Safari even before we get the replacement.

Till last week there were no talks of selling it to anyone, we were just going to return it back to the leasing company which was feeling a bit awful. Then suddenly another casual conversation with an office colleague changed the course of action. The guy took less than 15mins to decide he wants to buy it instead of us giving it back. Of course, he knew he was getting a super deal since he'd be paying only the residual value of the car to the leasing company which is much lower than current price in the preowned market. But more than that, he was super excited that he's getting a rugged car that has seen a lot of action without any sort of drama. End of the day, I'm happy too coz its going to someone who'll take care of it well.

Its amazing how the plans changed so fast, its just a day and I did feel like something's missing as I walked through the empty parking slot today morning.
amolpol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 11:45   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari- Bringing the black monster home!

I love these Safaris taking their owners over a 100,000 kms type stories man! All the best for your next chariot bro.
Old 6th September 2013, 17:48   #63
BHPian

We will surely miss the Safari Amol...please get the new suv soon...
Old 8th September 2013, 08:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

I know how it feels to let your Safari go away, don't worry time will heal all wounds. I decided I won't bite the bullet. My TCIC is coming up to 15 years and I earlier wanted to let it go instead of going through the whole RC renewal procedure, bit after a lot of thought, I've decided to retain it, it's got plenty of life left in it, and it has served me flawlessly, all it needs is some money spent decorating it and I'm sure it would continue to look lovely
Old 30th September 2013, 00:48   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I know how it feels to let your Safari go away, don't worry time will heal all wounds.
Well, the healing process seems to be easier than I thought. We got the delivery of the replacement car today and the icing on the cake was that it carries the same regn. number as the safari. This was indeed like a cosmic connection in the transition and has put both my wife and me at ease.

Here's what the Safari successor looks like.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130930_004612.png
Views: 738
Size:  427.2 KB
amolpol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 09:11   #66
BHPian

Congrats on your new car Amol. I am sure you will enjoy more with this car than Safari.
Old 30th September 2013, 10:25   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Dunno if someone has asked you this.

Why did you not consider the Storme as your replacement since your Safari kept you happy?

What made you pick the Fortuner over the other options?
Old 30th September 2013, 11:07   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Congrats on your new car Amol. I am sure you will enjoy more with this car than Safari.
Thanks Kailash. Not sure if it will be more or less, we'd be happy if it's equal to the Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Why did you not consider the Storme as your replacement since your Safari kept you happy?

I'll cover this in my ownership thread for the new entrant which is ready to be posted in a few hours. But net-net, we did consider the Storme as a distant third option but realized that we'd have been more happier with the replacement 2.2 Dicor instead. The Storme got rejected mainly because of the not so inspiring looks when compared to the legacy versions and because it would have been just a stop gap arrangement for another 3 years at the max. Tata somehow lost the "reclaim your life" magical charm with the Storme.
Old 30th September 2013, 11:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Congrats and looking forward to your buying experience thread, Amol!
Old 1st October 2013, 09:46   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats and looking forward to your buying experience thread, Amol!
Thanks folks, the buying and ownership thread of the Fortuner is now available. Hope it'll give you enough insights on the whys and hows

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...aybe-life.html
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed