Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2012, 10:53   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooloovoo View Post
The car looks really nice! Have you thought about blacking out the part of the bumper below the grille? That looks pretty cool in pics, don't know if it would for real though.
Ye I did, I even thought of having a black vinyl on the roof but then when I got the car I realized none none of those would look good it's really different in the flesh :P Meanwhile, I am still running on TR stickers but will soon be putting plates on. I was wondering what you would be doing for the front number plate. The bumper is curved and there is no provision for a plate in the front. Would a vinyl plate be alright or is it illegal?
Old 4th December 2012, 11:11   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The bumper is curved and there is no provision for a plate in the front. Would a vinyl plate be alright or is it illegal?
Wow, I did not know about this. The one I test-drove had normal looking number plates. I don't know if vinyl is legal, maybe you should contact the dealer?
hooloovoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 15:48   #213
BHPian

There is a provision for plates on the front bumper. Look carefully and you should notice 4 "dimples" where holes have to be drilled. Depending on the size of the plates, you have to drill two holes. Please install plates since vinyl is illegal.

Hooloovoo - No vibration during hard braking. Please ask your dealer to take a look immediately. I had some vibes at high-speed cruising but rotation seems to have fixed it. The car is very quick so please drive safe.
Bluu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 10:17   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! We paid about 14.6 lacs OTR. It's the CVT version.
Given that there is a huge discount of 5 lacs, does the on road price see the effect of a reduced Road tax and RTO registration as well, or are these things calculated at the original price (without discount i.e.)?
Old 6th December 2012, 10:32   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
Given that there is a huge discount of 5 lacs, does the on road price see the effect of a reduced Road tax and RTO registration as well, or are these things calculated at the original price (without discount i.e.)?
Yes, the road tax and registration amounts were reduced as well, since the 5 lac discount was on the ex-showroom price.
Old 6th December 2012, 10:53   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any discount is calculated on the ex-showroom price taxes and registration charges remain the same because those are calculated on the vehicles' class.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:09   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe the RTO does not bother about the discounts they charge the road to the full price. But what the dealer can help is reduce the price before VAT, so that effectively VAT reduces too.

Do check with your dealer if its possible, also it ensures the dealership does not pocket this VAT differential money.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:21   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I believe the RTO does not bother about the discounts they charge the road to the full price. But what the dealer can help is reduce the price before VAT, so that effectively VAT reduces too.

Do check with your dealer if its possible, also it ensures the dealership does not pocket this VAT differential money.
But in the case of a company offered discount (like the current Maruti offer for Kizashi) the ex-showroom price would also reduce? Unless the company offered discount is being run through the dealers and the dealers offer it as a dealer discount and Maruti compensates them subsequently? The latter would be an approach where the inventory is with the dealers - I dont think this is the case with the Kizashi discount. Or is it?
Old 10th December 2012, 17:52   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the road tax and registration amounts were reduced as well, since the 5 lac discount was on the ex-showroom price.
I have been having discussions with Vitesse Mumbai over the Kizashi, and what I hear from this dealer is that there is no way the Road tax and Registration amount would change with a discount (in spite of my logic of the road tax and registration being a percentage of the vehicle price (ex-showroom?))

Can you share more specific details of your registration+Road tax costs working? (will perhaps allow me to better negotiate with my dealer here in Mumbai ?)
Old 10th December 2012, 18:51   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
Hooloovoo - No vibration during hard braking. Please ask your dealer to take a look immediately. I had some vibes at high-speed cruising but rotation seems to have fixed it. The car is very quick so please drive safe.
We got the tyres checked out - they were way over-inflated (45 psi). Got that reduced to 35, did a wheel alignment and the problem mostly went away. Then we ran-in the car with a trip to Bangalore over the weekend. After braking hard a few times, even the bit of wobble left went away.

Quote:
I have been having discussions with Vitesse Mumbai over the Kizashi, and what I hear from this dealer is that there is no way the Road tax and Registration amount would change with a discount (in spite of my logic of the road tax and registration being a percentage of the vehicle price (ex-showroom?))

Can you share more specific details of your registration+Road tax costs working? (will perhaps allow me to better negotiate with my dealer here in Mumbai ?)
I think that the road tax+registration should be on the reduced price. I don't have the invoice with me, but I think it worked out to around 1.8, and we got further discounts on that. Also, our dealer insured us for the non-discounted value, so make sure you ask for that. Have you tried inquiring with any other dealers?
Old 10th December 2012, 19:35   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Also, our dealer insured us for the non-discounted value......
The dealer cheated you. In the event that the insurance company has to make a payout for your car, its liability is limited to the car's market value or the insured value, WHICHEVER IS LOWER. The discounts on the Kizashi are widely known hence the market value of the car would factor in the same.
This practice is widely followed by insurance companies/agents when they ask gullible souls, at the time of renewal, if they would like to increase the insured value of the asset. Because a higher insured value results in a higher premium, but not necessarily a higher claim payout.
Bomi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 20:52   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We got the tyres checked out - they were way over-inflated (45 psi). Got that reduced to 35, did a wheel alignment and the problem mostly went away. Then we ran-in the car with a trip to Bangalore over the weekend. After braking hard a few times, even the bit of wobble left went away.
Woah 45psi is well over even the maximum rating for each tyre (40 psi) It's a good thing you had it checked out especially in a hot country like ours, one ought to do everything possible to prevent a blowout especially checking your Tyre pressure atleast once or twice a month and filling it with nitrogen.
Old 12th December 2012, 19:44   #223
BHPian

I was a skeptic when Hoooloovoo brought up the idea of buying a Kizashi, I really was. The fact that it was a CBU, the fact that it was petrol and the fact that it didn't sell.

One trip from Hyderabad to Bangalore for the Guns 'N Roses concert (terrible concert but I digress) and I take every objection back. It's a brilliant car. An absolute hoot to drive. I would go buy one right now if I could.

The metaphor I would use to describe the car is that it is like a suit clad hitman. You accelerate and there is no fuss, just a relentless surge that takes you way past the ton mark with a minimum amount of drama. It doesn't shout or fuss about. It just surges along with a throaty growl setting in at some point. The car being a new one meant that I could not take it over 4k RPM (lots of shouting from hooloovoo from the back seat to keep things in check).

The braking is brilliant. We had one narrow squeak with a truck changing lanes with no indication and the hitman came to a graceful halt with (you guessed it !) no fuss. The breaks have a great feel and have an awesome bite. The car stays well in control with the ability to steer as you brake.

The suspension is good and dismisses all bumps and potholes with ease. We scraped once in the entire journey on one of the infamous Bangalore speedbreakers when we went too fast over one. GC isn't a problem at all. For a Civic owner, this is absolute bliss. The doors close with a thud and everything feels tank like.

The CVT is totally unobtrusive and I didn't feel many kickdowns. The shifting felt very seamless. Perhaps the fact that I was not accelerating too hard might be the reason. I loved the fact that the Kizashi had paddle shits+tiptronic.

The only negatives was the lack of an Aux in port (Why Suzuki? We couldn't play my music on the trip !) and no reverse sensors. Bizarre omission that.

IshaanIan, Bluuu, Hoolooovoo, great decision for swimming against the tide and getting such a brilliant car for the price. It's like having Luca Brasi in your garage.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 17:40   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I was a skeptic when Hoooloovoo brought up the idea of buying a Kizashi, I really was. The fact that it was a CBU, the fact that it was petrol and the fact that it didn't sell.

One trip from Hyderabad to Bangalore for the Guns 'N Roses concert (terrible concert but I digress) and I take every objection back. It's a brilliant car. An absolute hoot to drive. I would go buy one right now if I could.

The metaphor I would use to describe the car is that it is like a suit clad hitman. You accelerate and there is no fuss, just a relentless surge that takes you way past the ton mark with a minimum amount of drama. It doesn't shout or fuss about. It just surges along with a throaty growl setting in at some point. The car being a new one meant that I could not take it over 4k RPM (lots of shouting from hooloovoo from the back seat to keep things in check).

The braking is brilliant. We had one narrow squeak with a truck changing lanes with no indication and the hitman came to a graceful halt with (you guessed it !) no fuss. The breaks have a great feel and have an awesome bite. The car stays well in control with the ability to steer as you brake.

The suspension is good and dismisses all bumps and potholes with ease. We scraped once in the entire journey on one of the infamous Bangalore speedbreakers when we went too fast over one. GC isn't a problem at all. For a Civic owner, this is absolute bliss. The doors close with a thud and everything feels tank like.

The CVT is totally unobtrusive and I didn't feel many kickdowns. The shifting felt very seamless. Perhaps the fact that I was not accelerating too hard might be the reason. I loved the fact that the Kizashi had paddle shits+tiptronic.

The only negatives was the lack of an Aux in port (Why Suzuki? We couldn't play my music on the trip !) and no reverse sensors. Bizarre omission that.

IshaanIan, Bluuu, Hoolooovoo, great decision for swimming against the tide and getting such a brilliant car for the price. It's like having Luca Brasi in your garage.
I am sitting on the edge here, love the car, got the financing ready, but struggling with justifying the practilities. Petrol, with mileage of 8 kmpl in the city, poor resale, etc.

Your post here is pushing me over the edge - slight feeling of vertigo now!
Old 13th December 2012, 19:43   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sitting on the edge here, love the car, got the financing ready, but struggling with justifying the practilities. Petrol, with mileage of 8 kmpl in the city, poor resale, etc.

Your post here is pushing me over the edge - slight feeling of vertigo now!
It certainly is not the most practical of saloons out there and yes it will depreciate more than you will be able to imagine :P but think of what you are getting at the price: nothing comes close to beating it and ever since I have had the car I have used it only in the city, haven't yet finished 1000kms my first highway trip will be after the initial service. I am gonna be taking the car to kochi for the muziris biennale. Even though it has only been driven in the city I can safely say that I am getting an average of 10.5 km/l ( Oh and I am not one of those who is overly protective about the mileage their car gives and thus exaggerates the reading on the MID says 9.6 l for every 100 kms which does work out to around 10.5) at this rate I look forward to getting about 11 after the first service. Now that really is not bad considering it is a 2.4 petrol the equivalent civic under the same conditions would only give around 9 ( this is for the people out there waiting to pounce: I love the civic. No hard feelings! )
So do think about it: at its price it is unbeatable in every aspect except for resale value and I'm sure it compensates for that. Test drive the thing, see how it feels and then take a call Oh and the stares I get still don't get old boys and girls literally crane their heads in odd angles to get a glimpse. It really does feel special from the first time you push the button to let in that symphonic deep, bassy growl

Last edited by IshaanIan : 13th December 2012 at 19:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks