Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 20:57   #166
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmana View Post

The CEO must be a 60year old retard who doesn't have the vision to understand how they are going to get a positive response if Indians have to buy it at double its original price. Then those sales rep are going to say that the sales are dismal and it would not be wise to start production of Kizashi in India. If they had manufactured it and priced at around 9 lakhs, this car would have blown the socks off other manufacturers and they would have followed suit by starting their production plants here and we would have got performance cars priced reasonably below 10 lakhs.
Maruti would be in no hurry to manufacture/assemble such a car and sell it at 9-10 lakhs.
One obvious deterrent will be the downward price rationalization to SX4 and correspondingly to most of the products in their porfolio.
See also fixed cost and break-even point
Old 17th August 2011, 14:31   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

So is this the most exclusive car in India, in =/- 2-3 segments around it?

Damn, there is something very "nice" about this car, makes me yearn for it antime i see it.
Saw two, this, and a black one, which looked MUCH richer than an audi in the same shade next to it.
It looked like it was dripping "ooomph", you know?
the SX4's tagline?
much more appropriate on this.
I could also see th terror in this guys face, the one in the pic.
People were whizzing by so close, but only a bhpian could understand his plight,as it was after all the discussions on pricing, a "haath ko aaya, moonh na laga" except for a lucky/rich few...

hindi above comes to mean :So close, yet so far
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-dsc_0103.jpg  

mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 16:53   #168
BHPian

So, none of the Team-BHPians own the Kizashi? I didnt see any ownership thread and did not check the complete thread hence this query.
Old 17th August 2011, 18:25   #169
Senior - BHPian

Funny that this thread pops up today. Especially since i saw the Kizashi in the flesh err metal yesterday.
It was a silver example. The front did not look good at all.
But the profile was quite pleasing to the eye.
The rear is designed well too. It has twin tailpipes. And the trunk spoiler with integrated stop light looked neat. Overall it looks rather nice.
Wish it was priced better.

Last edited by mdsaab : 17th August 2011 at 18:27.
Old 14th December 2011, 22:43   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Kizashi 'Sport' gets Suzuki's new i-AWD

"Suzuki upped their game with the new flagship model Kizashi which was aimed at becoming a driver’s car. The Japanese car maker has now revealed a more performance oriented version with all-wheel drive (AWD). The AWD system can be turned on or off depending on the conditions and need of the driver.
n two wheel drive mode power is sent to the front wheels and a marginal amount of torque is sent to the rear wheels via Suzuki’s latest intelligent all-wheel drive system (i-AWD). A switch on the dashboard can split torque transfer on a 50:50 ratio between the front and rear wheels. The system is designed to transfer optimum power to the front and rear wheels depending on wheel slippage, throttle input and steering input. On slippery road surfaces the AWD system will help the car maintain its composure. The i-AWD system also enhances the vehicle’s cornering abilities when the system is turned on."

Kizashi 'Sport' gets Suzuki's new i-AWD| Zigwheels.com
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-suzukikizashisport_560x420_560x420.jpg  

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 02:32   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Kizashi 'Sport' gets Suzuki's new i-AWD

Kizashi 'Sport' gets Suzuki's new i-AWD| Zigwheels.com
Why is it that always good cars dont sell properly in India? Like Lancer-Evos and many more! Sad to see such a good car go unnoticed! I guess the likes of the Germans has undermined the Suzuki as a brand and moreover, with M800 its in our minds that maruti is a local brand, we have forgotten that Suzuki is the real mother.
Old 28th January 2012, 20:54   #172
BHPian

does anyone actually know someone who has bought this car??

haven't seen any other cars other than the demo ones on the road - and i know no one who owns one
Old 28th January 2012, 23:16   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi
does anyone actually know someone who has bought this car??

haven't seen any other cars other than the demo ones on the road - and i know no one who owns one
I've seen about 15 odd, over the last 6 months.
How's that for exclusive.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:46   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars View Post
I completely agree with this point. This case is applicable to Passat, Jetta, Honda City, Honda Civic. The taxation on cars in India is done negatively. And to top it up, we don't have proper public transport. We have taxation on cars like Hong Kong & Singapore and public transport system like the western countries where cars are cheap. With the change in the economic patterns & standard of living & distances & public transport system, government should reduce taxes on cars. Even the 1L car is no more a 1L car. The entry level car in India is approx. 1.75L
Have seen the Kizashi cost upwards of GBP 20K in UK. Think the new version is 22k. So that works out to approx. INR 17 Lakhs. If we start to compare with US then nearly everything is much more expensive in India including the entire Apple range of products. But yes, the point about public transport is well taken. Contrary to US, Europe has phenomenal public modes that make life easier.
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:28   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I've seen about 15 odd, over the last 6 months.
How's that for exclusive.
Saw just one some time back in Vashi, Navi Mumbai. Thats the only one I have seen in Mumbai till now. Real exclusive.
Old 17th July 2012, 14:50   #176
BHPian

Just overheard a colleague mentioning Kizashi being offered by dealers @ ~11L (Ex-Showroom). Obviously, the car's been in the yard for almost 8-9 months. Just wondering if this makes it a tempting offer to consider?

(Am sure running and maintaining it would be a totally different story!)
anupamjain2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 15:38   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjain2k View Post
Just overheard a colleague mentioning Kizashi being offered by dealers @ ~11L (Ex-Showroom). Obviously, the car's been in the yard for almost 8-9 months. Just wondering if this makes it a tempting offer to consider?
I seriously doubt that. Even if the car has been in stock for 9 months, I don't think one can expect this kind of price drop. Maruti never expected volumes with the Kizashi. I believe this is a CBU. So they would have imported limited no. of cars based on demand projections. Even if they have some inventory left they would not be worried since they have not created any assembly line for this car and would be in no great hurry to clear stocks, as they don't have to worry about keeping the factory running.

Quote:
Am sure running and maintaining it would be a totally different story!
Its a 2.4L petrol, so mileage won't be great. . Spares could be an issue. Since its a CBU, the spares also will have to be imported and with the high duty structure in our country it may prove to be expensive. As a Jap petrol sedan I expect it to be pretty trouble free though.
Old 17th July 2012, 18:46   #178
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjain2k View Post
There was a news earlier that Maruti asked dealers to buy one Kizashi each. I am seeing a Kizashi parked at a dealership stockyard for a very long time. This one will be such a car. I am sad to see such a good-looking sedan stranded on the stockyard!

This is high-time for Maruti to produce Kizashi here, and price it around 10L ex-showroom.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:04   #179
Senior - BHPian

^^^Which stockyard is this one ?

I pass by Popular Velachery everyday and having seen a Kizashi parked perpetually on the 1st floor of their dealership, dropped in one day to check it out. And apart from the pricing, the dealer attitude also plays a role in that car not moving. Forget TD, those guys would not even unlock the car to check-out the interiors. "Saar, key is with the big boss. You can look through the window".

And then we get to the pricing and they are like "no discounts, sir". This was when it was open knowledge that there was a 2lac discount on the car without haggling. Asked them to evaluate the Baleno for exchange - the TruValue guy looks all around the car, starts the engine etc and says he will get back with a quote. I am still waiting after 2 months. Anyway, got the invoice and walked off.

Pity, such a nice car got screwed off by MSIL. Either they should have launched it as a CKD at a good price or not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun
This is high-time for Maruti to produce Kizashi here, and price it around 10L ex-showroom.
Naah. At a point in time, when people are looking for diesel in even Nano/M800, launching a 2.4L petrol is disastrous. No denying that enthusiasts will pick it up, but they dont make up the buying public anyway.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 17th July 2012 at 19:07.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:19   #180
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Which stockyard is this one ?
Cars India, Adyar. Try there for exchanging your Baleno. Kizashi will be the best upgrade from Baleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
At a point in time, when people are looking for diesel in even Nano/M800, launching a 2.4L petrol is disastrous. No denying that enthusiasts will pick it up, but they dont make up the buying public anyway.
True. But the sales will be much better than the current near-zero levels.

Even a 2L K-Series may do good for Kizashi in the 10Lakh segment.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th July 2012 at 19:44.

Most Viewed