Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:48   #196
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
I did not know such a thing existed. Can you please post some links?
Here you go - http://www.dinodirect.com/hammock-ca...Y2s&AFFID=3111
I don't know if the website is trustworthy though. We got ours from Amazon in the US. I also saw something similar in a pet store here, but it didn't look so great. Oh, and you'll need to check if the dimensions of the seat cover will work for the Kizashi.
hooloovoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:02   #197
i2i

Bluu,

The Pet accessories being mentioned here are available from a company called 3D and Hot Tracks on Victoria road are their importers into India.
Another CVT Kizashi to join yours in Bangalore soon quite a relief to know about your feelings about the Kizashi . Though I had decided on it some time ago , the apprehensiveness remained. Cheers.
i2i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:13   #198
i2i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu

I did not know such a thing existed. Can you please post some links? I would love, no, LOVE a thread on car maintenance for pet owners and I am sure there will be others who will too but please be sure to search that one doesn't already exist before you start a new one.
Bluu,
There is a company called 3D which makes these accessories and is represented by HotTracks in India . ( Victoria Road , Bangalore.
On a different note thanks for allaying my apprehensions on the kizashi . Had booked a CVT Kizashi some time ago and reading your posts after that have been very reassuring .
Old 26th November 2012, 21:54   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2i View Post
Another CVT Kizashi to join yours in Bangalore soon quite a relief to know about your feelings about the Kizashi . Though I had decided on it some time ago , the apprehensiveness remained. Cheers.
That's great! What color is it and when are you taking delivery?
Old 28th November 2012, 09:39   #200
i2i

Quote:
That's great! What color is it and when are you taking delivery?
Black, (Sadly no silver CVTs available ) and delivery hopefully in a few days .
Old 3rd December 2012, 20:25   #201
BHPian

Quote:
When do you take delivery of the car? I'd love to see photos of it in black and also of your dog (if you don't mind)
The Kizashi came home today! The showroom is a good distance away from home, so we got to have a long drive on beautiful roads too. The car drives beautifully, but the steering column vibrates quite a bit on braking. Bluu, is this a problem you faced as well? We're hoping it's a minor issue, need to get it seen to quickly. Apart from that, the car's build quality feels absolutely superb, and it feels really solid even at 150kmph. I did have a couple of "What have I done?!" moments when I looked at the average fuel consumption but the ride more than made up for it, hehe. Anyway, here are some pics!
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-20121203_170211.jpg
Look how shiny!
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-20121203_170351.jpg
Love the twin exhausts.
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-20121203_170008.jpg

The doggie wasn't allowed in the car today because she splashed around in muddy water. I've introduced her here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2971083

We need to get waterproof mats now. Don't know which model will suit the car best. We're also thinking of getting 3M paint protection done. Anything to make that black stay glossy for longer!
hooloovoo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:07   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooloovoo View Post
The Kizashi came home today! The showroom is a good distance away from home, so we got to have a long drive on beautiful roads too. The car drives beautifully, but the steering column vibrates quite a bit on braking. Bluu, is this a problem you faced as well? We're hoping it's a minor issue, need to get it seen to quickly. Apart from that, the car's build quality feels absolutely superb, and it feels really solid even at 150kmph. I did have a couple of "What have I done?!" moments when I looked at the average fuel consumption but the ride more than made up for it, hehe. Anyway, here are some pics!

The doggie wasn't allowed in the car today because she splashed around in muddy water. I've introduced her here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2971083

We need to get waterproof mats now. Don't know which model will suit the car best. We're also thinking of getting 3M paint protection done. Anything to make that black stay glossy for longer!
check the wheel balancing and alignment cause mine is absolutely composed even during hard braking. Oh and I totally get what you mean by when you look at the average fuel consumption xD It does get slightly better once friends and family stop trying it out, once you get used to its drive characteristics and once its gobbled up a few tanks of petrol oh and also once you stop getting the urge to go fast just to break your place of zen and calm with that sweet sounding raspy engine note :P
I was also thinking of getting the 3M paint protection thingamabob done waiting to see a sample of it though and please share which floor mats you get. The ones you can buy as accessories are good but they cover the dead pedal which doesn't seem very nice. Oh and congratulations on the car
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:14   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
check the wheel balancing and alignment cause mine is absolutely composed even during hard braking. Oh and I totally get what you mean by when you look at the average fuel consumption xD It does get slightly better once friends and family stop trying it out, once you get used to its drive characteristics and once its gobbled up a few tanks of petrol oh and also once you stop getting the urge to go fast just to break your place of zen and calm with that sweet sounding raspy engine note :P
I was also thinking of getting the 3M paint protection thingamabob done waiting to see a sample of it though and please share which floor mats you get. The ones you can buy as accessories are good but they cover the dead pedal which doesn't seem very nice. Oh and congratulations on the car
Heh, thanks. The car doesn't pull to the left or right, so the wheel alignment should be OK, right? The car is weirdly fast. I thought I was strolling along at 50 and then I looked at the speedo and it said 120! Was startled out of my zen place and slowed down.
Will share details about the paint protection and mats once done.
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:24   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooloovoo

Heh, thanks. The car doesn't pull to the left or right, so the wheel alignment should be OK, right? The car is weirdly fast. I thought I was strolling along at 50 and then I looked at the speedo and it said 120! Was startled out of my zen place and slowed down.
Will share details about the paint protection and mats once done.
Yes the alignment should be fine then Hahahahaha I guess it does take some time to adjust to the next time I pass a big black Suzuki I'll know I'm not alone :P took it out the first day I got it to necklace road and almost every guy and girl tends to stare at it makes you feel special when I stopped I got a few people asking me "kitna deti hai" and admiring its paint but the minute they found out its a petrol they thought I was a fool I guess even though its in the price point it is, it brings about a sense of occasion every time you drive it out the garage.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 3rd December 2012 at 21:25.
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:50   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1021675
Look how shiny!
Attachment 1021676
Love the twin exhausts.
Attachment 1021677

What was the final OTR price ?

Is this a CVT or MT ?

Looks fantastic in black !!
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:53   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What was the final OTR price ?

Is this a CVT or MT ?

Looks fantastic in black !!
Thanks! We paid about 14.6 lacs OTR. It's the CVT version.
Old 3rd December 2012, 22:57   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! We paid about 14.6 lacs OTR. It's the CVT version.
Did you inquire about the manual ? 6 Speed MT should be cheaper ?
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:01   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Did you inquire about the manual ? 6 Speed MT should be cheaper ?
Yes, it was cheaper. A dealer in Hyderabad offered an MT to us for 13.8 lacs, but we wanted the CVT.
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:13   #209
Senior - BHPian

The manual is indeed cheaper mine was 14.1 but most people prefer the cvt because of its convenience and in this case it is also just a wee bit more fuel efficient than the manual version meanwhile here's a pic of mine
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-74695_10151271484034171_147606829_n.jpg

sorry for the poor quality it was taken with my phone :P
IshaanIan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 10:09   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The manual is indeed cheaper mine was 14.1 but most people prefer the cvt because of its convenience and in this case it is also just a wee bit more fuel efficient than the manual version meanwhile here's a pic of mine
Attachment 1021870

sorry for the poor quality it was taken with my phone :P
The car looks really nice! Have you thought about blacking out the part of the bumper below the grille? That looks pretty cool in pics, don't know if it would for real though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks