Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 20:26   #226
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I was a skeptic when Hoooloovoo brought up the idea of buying a Kizashi, I really was.
Yes, you really were. And now that we've had so much fun with the car, I shall take this opportunity, my dear brother, to crow over you on this very public forum and say, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
I am sitting on the edge here, love the car, got the financing ready, but struggling with justifying the practilities. Petrol, with mileage of 8 kmpl in the city, poor resale, etc.

Your post here is pushing me over the edge - slight feeling of vertigo now!
bobbafett, go for it! We got a slightly higher average than 10 on the highway even after driving like bats out of hell, and it gives about 9-10 in the city too. That's about what I used to get for my i10 automatic, so I'm not feeling too bad about it.
hooloovoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 14:06   #227
Senior - BHPian

I overheard an uncle of mine telling my father that the discount has been further increased to 7.5- 8 Lakhs as the cars are 2011 manufactured and we are now moving into 2013 in 2 weeks. Is that even possible? Often people make statements to grab attention.
Old 14th December 2012, 14:21   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I overheard an uncle of mine telling my father that the discount has been further increased to 7.5- 8 Lakhs as the cars are 2011 manufactured and we are now moving into 2013 in 2 weeks. Is that even possible? Often people make statements to grab attention.
Most of the cars are 2011 that is true and the official discount still remains at 5 one can expect a further half to one lakh discount from the dealer but there are no reports of 7 L let alone 8
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2012, 12:22   #229
BHPian

Hi guys (specially IshaanIan, Bluuu, Hoolooovoo),

I have been following this thread for a while now, and I can now definitely say that i echo and agree on everything good said about the car. Well yes, add one to the count. I just got hands on my own black one(CVT version). Got the delivery on Thursday night and just getting to know her better ;-). Well so far i think the car is brilliant, ample power for an effortless drive, great breaks, very good air conditioning, the memory seats are a sweet touch. I am still experimenting to get the that one right position, but i'm guessing soon..

I am sure the count in Hyderabad is growing, cos besides you guys I recently got mine, and I know of one more Silver MT that i see in my office building (Unless Ishaan its your car, at the Gachibowli E block), so there may a couple more I'm guessing.

Perhaps we should plan a mini Kizashi meet or some like that.
Puzz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2012, 17:20   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post

I have been following this thread for a while now, and I can now definitely say that i echo and agree on everything good said about the car. Well yes, add one to the count. I just got hands on my own black one(CVT version). Got the delivery on Thursday night and just getting to know her better ;-). Well so far i think the car is brilliant, ample power for an effortless drive, great breaks, very good air conditioning, the memory seats are a sweet touch. I am still experimenting to get the that one right position, but i'm guessing soon..

I am sure the count in Hyderabad is growing, cos besides you guys I recently got mine, and I know of one more Silver MT that i see in my office building (Unless Ishaan its your car, at the Gachibowli E block), so there may a couple more I'm guessing.

It's a small world eh? :P Yes that is my car my dad loves driving it to work I am definitely up for an all India Kizashi meet
Old 17th December 2012, 15:56   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooloovoo View Post
Yes, you really were. And now that we've had so much fun with the car, I shall take this opportunity, my dear brother, to crow over you on this very public forum and say, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

bobbafett, go for it! We got a slightly higher average than 10 on the highway even after driving like bats out of hell, and it gives about 9-10 in the city too. That's about what I used to get for my i10 automatic, so I'm not feeling too bad about it.
And I would have jumped - have test driven both the CVT and the MT, love both the cars (though my preference is the MT) - but the on road mumbai is coming to 16.3 lacs onroad (with a hefty 3.6 lacs for registration/RTO) and that is my main worry right now. CBU imports pay a 20 % rate for road tax in maharashtra. I havent got a conclusive understanding of what the road tax gets calculated on and get a feeling the dealer is pocketing the difference. On the other hand the Laura vRS is also available on a discount with Mumbai on road at 17 lacs - so thats beginning to tempt me as well.
Hate to be in this decision-making state perpetually!!!
bobbafett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 12:15   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Kizashi rate among highest on new crash test; 2 Toyotas rated poor!

Thirteen mid-sized cars have earned high marks on the insurance industry's newest frontal-crash test, but a pair of Toyota models tested fared worse than the rest.

The so-called small overlap test involves crashing the front corner of a car into a barrier at 40 mph. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety devised the test to simulate a collision with a stationary object such as a tree or a utility pole

Just three out of 11 luxury cars rated "good" or "acceptable" on the insurance industry group's first round of tests this summer, but today the IIHS gave a good rating to the four-door Honda Accord and the Suzuki Kizashi, and an acceptable rating to 11 more mid-sized cars.

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 13:01   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Thirteen mid-sized cars have earned high marks on the insurance industry's newest frontal-crash test, but a pair of Toyota models tested fared worse than the rest.

The so-called small overlap test involves crashing the front corner of a car into a barrier at 40 mph. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety devised the test to simulate a collision with a stationary object such as a tree or a utility pole

Just three out of 11 luxury cars rated "good" or "acceptable" on the insurance industry group's first round of tests this summer, but today the IIHS gave a good rating to the four-door Honda Accord and the Suzuki Kizashi, and an acceptable rating to 11 more mid-sized cars.

Interesting stuff Seems like these tests are more stringent and are reviewed in much higher detail than the euroncap crash tests as on their website all these cars get a 5 star rating but here they seem to be able to break that up into further categories. I'm surprised that the jetta sedan only got a rating of "marginal". thanks for the share
Old 20th December 2012, 13:30   #234
BHPian

The Kizashi has always had the reputation of a pretty well-built, well-engineered car. To me, that it features right up there on that US crash test is not a surprise.

However that the Jetta sedan rated as "marginal" is shocking.

We all know it is a step down from the previous generation in terms of build quality, but the results of this test place it at the other extreme; which is rather hard to digest, unbelievable even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Don't think there's any merit in that one Nik. Rs. 7-8 Lacs sounds very far-fetched to me. At this rate the next thing you know, they'll say Maruti has decided to give the car away for free!!

Last edited by Omtoatom : 20th December 2012 at 13:34.
Old 20th December 2012, 13:38   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

http://www.autonews.com/article/2012...#ixzz2FZWjZlxZ
I always loved the kizashi for its looks as well as its build !! This result just corroborates my thoughts !! Toyota not coming upto the mark is a surprise though, as is the Hyundai Sonata, a brand which has since a lot of years now been advertising about the safety equipment's in its vehicles. Would be interesting to know what is the procedure of this particular test.

Had been thinking of replacing my 5 yr old weekend drive Optra with the Kizashi since its price drop, the above results just push me so much more to take this plunge !!
Old 16th February 2013, 00:45   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
It's a small world eh? :P Yes that is my car my dad loves driving it to work I am definitely up for an all India Kizashi meet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooloovoo View Post
So, how does this meet work? You three are in HYD and I'm in BLR. Do we meet midway? You bring the biryani and I'll bring some crazy friends!
Old 18th March 2013, 17:13   #237

Friends,
I also joined the club. I just got my new Kizashi CVT today and I am also from Hyderabad.

I was using Optra Magnum earlier and brought Kizashi in place of it.
Let me play with it and come back with opinions and queries.
Old 18th March 2013, 17:41   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVenkat View Post
Friends,
I also joined the club. I just got my new Kizashi CVT today and I am also from Hyderabad.

Let me play with it and come back with opinions and queries.
Congratulations on the car! I thought that brief spurt of buyers was coming to an end I'm glad to know more people recognize its potential
Do share some pics and your first impressions. (seems like it's getting popular in Hyd. :P)
Old 18th March 2013, 19:05   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Congratulations on the car! I thought that brief spurt of buyers was coming to an end I'm glad to know more people recognize its potential
Do share some pics and your first impressions. (seems like it's getting popular in Hyd. :P)

Thanks buddy.
I do not think that there are no buyers to this car. I checked with all the dealers in Hyderabad in January and all are out of stock. Also these salesmen at Maruti shops were so busy selling Altos and Swifts no one cared to come back with more details about its availability in other cities. Some said it is not available anywhere. One of them at RKS Motors was helpful and contacted Maruti Regional Manager after insisting couple of times. Then I came to know that Suzuki has sold all the cars to dealers already and only few cars are left with few dealers in some cities and there is only one car available in AP(in Vijayawada). They made sure that the dealer call me with its details. Then followed the rest of the story. I made a deal with the dealer in Vijayawada, completed all the finance and other formalities and finally brought this car home. It seems mine is the last car in AP.

Even the dealer told me that few other people contacted him for this car after I paid the booking amount. So, I think the sudden decrease in sales is due to non-availability but not because of poor sales.
Old 18th March 2013, 19:13   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVenkat
That's a new one. Moving from a diesel to a FTD petrol car, when everyone and their relatives are moving to diesel cars. Anyway, congrats and have fun. What was the OTR you paid for it and the break-up ? And is this an old stock car or new import ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks