Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 12:40   #271
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Just completed a 830 Km trip, Delhi-Kufri-Delhi. The car performed great and was truly impressed by its excellent touring capability. The roads were quite good all through out the way, esp NH1, which made it a little more easy on the car, considering we were 5 people on board with the boot absolutely full with luggage.

The FE was also very good with AC on 70% of the time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1&d=1463555291
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-img_20160512_221532.jpg  

TB16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 12:20   #272

I recently took a test drive of a pre-owned kizashi here in Mumbai and i found the car pretty impressive. Further, after reading this post end to end i am all the more leaning towards buying this pre-owned Kizashi, however the availability of spares is what worries me.

Any Mumbai Kizashi owners here who can let me know where do they get their Kizashi's serviced and any issues they have faced with availability of spares?
Old 30th August 2016, 19:05   #273
BHPian

My Kizashi's AC has stopped cooling and apparently AC Evaporator coil has leaked. Maruti Service center has given me a budget of 38k. Not sure I am looking spend so much. Any advice on part sourcing or getting it cheap from elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Passiautonate : 30th August 2016 at 19:11.
Old 9th November 2016, 17:51   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by leee View Post
I recently took a test drive of a pre-owned kizashi here in Mumbai and i found the car pretty impressive. Further, after reading this post end to end i am all the more leaning towards buying this pre-owned Kizashi, however the availability of spares is what worries me.

Any Mumbai Kizashi owners here who can let me know where do they get their Kizashi's serviced and any issues they have faced with availability of spares?
I picked up a pre-owned Kizashi almost 2 years back and am very happy with the car. I get it serviced at Spectra or Sai Service in Mumbai and the spares, though are not readily available are procured within a weeks time or earlier. I have had to replace my Oil Filter, Break Pads, etc. and other regular wear and tear items and did not face any major wait times. Not sure on bigger items but am sure with Maruti backing it should be smooth.
Old 9th November 2016, 23:04   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leee View Post
Further, after reading this post end to end i am all the more leaning towards buying this pre-owned Kizashi, however the availability of spares is what worries me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsundep View Post
I have had to replace my Oil Filter, Break Pads, etc. and other regular wear and tear items and did not face any major wait times. Not sure on bigger items but am sure with Maruti backing it should be smooth.
Even with the bigger and not so common items, Maruti has a decent spares support. I recently saw this Kizashi(its the only CVT in our city, along with 3 other MTs) at our MASS which had a damaged bumper and condenser. All it took was 3 days for the MASS to get the spares from Gurgaon, which I feel is good enough for a car which hardly sold.

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-20161020_181722.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
My Kizashi's AC has stopped cooling and apparently AC Evaporator coil has leaked. Maruti Service center has given me a budget of 38k. Not sure I am looking spend so much. Any advice on part sourcing or getting it cheap from elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the late reply, not sure if my post is still useful to you.

The evaporator assembly of Kizashi carries part number: 95410-57L00 and it costs Rs. 29,000.

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-kizzy.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 13:01   #276

I am looking to upgrade my Head Lights and Fog Lamps as I am not happy with the visibility the stock ones provide especially on poorly lit roads. Also, I am dead against the use of High Beam so that is not the solution I can live with.

Has anyone out here changed the bulbs to better ones and/or gone for an HID setup? My Kizashi is black and I was even thinking on some cool DRL's if it doesn't involve too much tampering and related warranty issues.

If anyone can share some info and pics of their mods, it will surely help. Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 18:35   #277
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to upgrade my Head Lights and Fog Lamps as I am not happy with the visibility the stock ones provide especially on poorly lit roads. Also, I am dead against the use of High Beam so that is not the solution I can live with.

Has anyone out here changed the bulbs to better ones and/or gone for an HID setup? My Kizashi is black and I was even thinking on some cool DRL's if it doesn't involve too much tampering and related warranty issues.

If anyone can share some info and pics of their mods, it will surely help. Thanks
Well I got it changed to LED, direct fitment. As this is projector set up you can go for HID too. For me it was DIY but I won't call it easy as it requires bumper to be taken off.

For fog lamp go for Philips or any other brand. It can be fitted directly by removing the hosing and plugging it back.

DRLs again visit any car accessory shop. They would be able to do it but again require complete assembly to be taken off.
Passiautonate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 16:16   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have read that even projectors are designed to certain capabilities. If you want better low-beam visibility, you might need to upgrade to some better projectors as well to compliment your HID setup.
Old 11th April 2017, 00:24   #279

I just had my front left shock changed. Getting parts was a breeze, ordered and got it the very next day here in Gurgaon. However the service centres are inapt with the likes of a Kizashi. The guys were trying to be helpful but lacked the know how of dealing with a Kizashi. I still am dealing with some steering noise(rack and pinion), the service station guys advised me to get it replaced locally . Oh well the saga continues. Will keep ya folks updated if any Kizashi owners are still around
Old 11th April 2017, 09:42   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
Well I got it changed to LED, direct fitment. As this is projector set up you can go for HID too. For me it was DIY but I won't call it easy as it requires bumper to be taken off.

For fog lamp go for Philips or any other brand. It can be fitted directly by removing the hosing and plugging it back.

DRLs again visit any car accessory shop. They would be able to do it but again require complete assembly to be taken off.
Could you share some photos of the led bulbs used?
Is the throw distance better than with halogens?

I feel the same change could work out on my Grand Vitara.

Thanks
Sridhar
Old 11th April 2017, 09:57   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty2304 View Post
I just had my front left shock changed. Getting parts was a breeze, ordered and got it the very next day here in Gurgaon. However the service centres are inapt with the likes of a Kizashi. The guys were trying to be helpful but lacked the know how of dealing with a Kizashi. I still am dealing with some steering noise(rack and pinion), the service station guys advised me to get it replaced locally . Oh well the saga continues. Will keep ya folks updated if any Kizashi owners are still around
I had my steering rack replaced years ago. Costed nearly a lakh but it was done under warranty. Read up on international forums (kizashiclub) about a change in wheel alignment specs because I also noticed very uneven wear on my first set of tyres and thought that driving it over bad roads with the wrong wheel alignment could have caused the issue with the steering rack assembly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Could you share some photos of the led bulbs used?
Is the throw distance better than with halogens?

I feel the same change could work out on my Grand Vitara.

Thanks
Sridhar
AFAIK throw distance is not going to change. Not sure about the GV though I am guessing it is the same case, but the projectors used in the Kizashi are not engineered for used with LEDs thus if you want better lighting especially WRT throw and spread, you will need to upgrade the projector lenses as well. Costly job but trust me it is the only way.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 11th April 2017 at 09:59.
Old 11th April 2017, 13:21   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I had my steering rack replaced years ago. Costed nearly a lakh but it was done under warranty. Read up on international forums (kizashiclub) about a change in wheel alignment specs because I also noticed very uneven wear on my first set of tyres and thought that driving it over bad roads with the wrong wheel alignment could have caused the issue with the steering rack assembly.

AFAIK throw distance is not going to change. Not sure about the GV though I am guessing it is the same case, but the projectors used in the Kizashi are not engineered for used with LEDs thus if you want better lighting especially WRT throw and spread, you will need to upgrade the projector lenses as well. Costly job but trust me it is the only way.
My kizashi is nearing the 5 year mark. Apart from uneven tyre wear, are there any other symptoms which indicate a change for the steering rack assembly? Also is there any suspension work to be done after 5 years? My car has only done 20k KM.
Old 11th April 2017, 13:58   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
My kizashi is nearing the 5 year mark. Apart from uneven tyre wear, are there any other symptoms which indicate a change for the steering rack assembly? Also is there any suspension work to be done after 5 years? My car has only done 20k KM.
No don't have the steering rack opened to be fixed or replaced unless there is some sort of vibrating sound coming from it that's why I had mine checked back then in the first place. If it isn't parked in the sun too often and has only done 20k kms, then I don't think you need to replace anything. Obviously depends on how you drive minor things like lower arm ends could wear out pretty easily.
Old 14th April 2017, 00:18   #284

Getting back to the steering assembly, the guys at MASS Gurgaon recommend getting the rack fixed. According to them a bush has worn out inside the pinnion, the noise is a pain.took us ages to diagnose..I had link rods changed, jumping bushes replaced. .I am planning to get the rest of the shocks replaced as well. Shocks have been stiff for a bit now, pretty tired of hearing the god awful thud sound Tyres do not have uneven wear.

I recently upgraded to hid lights. Damage was around 12k a pop. Had them done for low beam projector and fog lights. Left the high beam stock
Quite a bit of trial and error till I found them satisfying. However I would advise against it. Didn't find them a notch over the stock ones.
lofty2304 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 10:41   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Reports indicate Maruti Suzuki is looking at revival of Kizashi for a possible 2019 launch!

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks