Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2018, 03:01   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty2304 View Post
Similarly for the oil filter use the Sx4 one...cheaper and all. Honda Civic rear disk brakes (2k) can be used instead of the the maruti akibono(6.5k) ones. If any of you fine folks have such titbits please do share.
For the love of god, please do not skimp on parts just because they cost less. I would not question cabin filter (Provided the dimensions and filter density are the same) but when it comes to key mechanical related bits such as engine oil filter, brakes and whatever else, do not take a chance. I find it very surprising that an SX4 engine oil filter is compatible with a much larger engine. The filter cannot last anywhere as much. 6.5K is peanuts for rear disc brakes. They cost as much or more for a Fiat Linea.

I burnt my fingers replacing the stock brakes on my Fiat which cost more for cheaper OEM Brembo units. I regret the decision to date. Off course, I did not expect a Brembo to under perform and they did.

I'd tread cautiously here, that too on a Suzuki Kizashi. Such a well engineered car.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 03:40   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
For the love of god, please do not skimp on parts just because they cost less. I would not question cabin filter (Provided the dimensions and filter density are the same) but when it comes to key mechanical related bits such as engine oil filter, brakes and whatever else, do not take a chance. I find it very surprising that an SX4 engine oil filter is compatible with a much larger engine. The filter cannot last anywhere as much. 6.5K is peanuts for rear disc brakes. They cost as much or more for a Fiat Linea.

I burnt my fingers replacing the stock brakes on my Fiat which cost more for cheaper OEM Brembo units. I regret the decision to date. Off course, I did not expect a Brembo to under perform and they did.

I'd tread cautiously here, that too on a Suzuki Kizashi. Such a well engineered car.
It's not about the money..it's about the availability of parts . Many a times you don't get the important parts on time especially in case of a car like Kizashi. To get front shocks replaced it took me 3 weeks. This is despite the part I stay in Gurgaon. ..
The cabin filter is 6500 rupees, while a Nissan Sunny OEM is 400-500..So yeah it matters to me. Ordered an oil filter (ALVA Gurgaon) a month back it's still on back order. A 60 rupee roof plastic cover took 2 months to be delivered. There are very few alternatives for this magnificent vehicle. So it's good to be resourcful. Kizashi owners are a rare breed on any forum, so let's put such hacks or titbits out. Check out Kizashi club website for hacks and diy stuff.
If you learned folks don't want us skimmers to share our cheap wisdom. Then I shall reserve my 2 cents to myself. cheers
lofty2304 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 10:51   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you learned folks don't want us skimmers to share our cheap wisdom.
I would refrain from a comment like that, please. No learned person would advice you in the wrong way.

You are cutting corners in places where you should not. You have a pretty good idea when you need to carry out certain repairs and the annual service. Why not inform your authorized dealer or FNG, well in advance, to source original parts for the car instead of using parts that are not even engineered for the car. If you find that too expensive, source them yourself.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 28th June 2018 at 10:53.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 11:32   #304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Didn't say I switched brakes, did I.Didnt ask for you to switch brakes with another car,did i. Nope.
Giving ya fine folks this lil alternative in case the parts are not available or for an emergency. Go to Kizashi club dot com,you will find many instances of Kizashi owners doing the brake switch and being happy about it.
Note to self- stop sharing hacks and mind your business... Noted

Well I've driven the Civic, and the Kizashi and I know there is a big difference in the way the braking systems perform on both. Lets just say I wouldn't downgrade my brakes. If part availability is an issue, then order it in advance.
Old 28th June 2018, 11:41   #305
Senior - BHPian

Honestly I found the parts for the Kizashi to be fairly reasonably priced compared to others in the segment. Also I never had to wait for more than 3 days if part was coming from Gurgaon, or 2 weeks if it had to come from Japan. The brakes were the first thing that stood out to me when I test drove the car before buying it. I can't imagine replacing the Akebonos with the brakes from a Civic. However I guess each person has their own preferences. Considering that due to import taxes a lot of people find the maintenance cost for D segment cars to be a bit on the high side, little hacks like these shouldn't hurt for those on the lookout. However I do sincerely hope that these small discrepancys are reported further down the line, when selling the car to potential buyers as otherwise it would be highly unethical.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 19:34   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Even with the bigger and not so common items, Maruti has a decent spares support. I recently saw this Kizashi(its the only CVT in our city, along with 3 other MTs) at our MASS which had a damaged bumper and condenser. All it took was 3 days for the MASS to get the spares from Gurgaon, which I feel is good enough for a car which hardly sold.

Attachment 1574752

Sorry for the late reply, not sure if my post is still useful to you.

The evaporator assembly of Kizashi carries part number: 95410-57L00 and it costs Rs. 29,000.

Attachment 1574753

Regards,
Shashi
Hi Shashi, my kizashi met with an accident. No injuries but the impact was such that the rear right hand side suspension took heavy damage. I'll post the pictures soon (traveling right now). The following parts need replacement as per MASS :-

1. Rear axle - 31000
2. Rear shocker - 5200
3. Rear suspension arm - 3400
4. Control rod - 2600
5. Suspension arm rear calipper - 4500

They are not sure about the prices but have given me the above approximate cost of each part. Can you please provide any info about these parts and their costs. Thanks.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 19:48   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Hi Shashi, my kizashi met with an accident. No injuries but the impact was such that the rear right hand side suspension took heavy damage. I'll post the pictures soon (traveling right now). The following parts need replacement as per MASS :-

1. Rear axle - 31000
2. Rear shocker - 5200
4. Control rod - 2600

They are not sure about the prices but have given me the above approximate cost of each part. Can you please provide any info about these parts and their costs. Thanks.
I think someone may have shown me your car. Did the side curtain airbags in the right deploy? If so it's definitely going to be a huge bill. Could you shed some light on how you crashed?
Old 10th July 2018, 19:57   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. Rear axle - 31000
2. Rear shocker - 5200
4. Control rod - 2600

1. You mean rear suspension frame?? Yes its price is Rs. 30943

2. Rs. 5204

3. Rs. 9635(lower), Rs. 4543 for upper

4. What is that?? Any pic?

5. You mean caliper?? Unable to comprehend this too
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 12:41   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I think someone may have shown me your car. Did the side curtain airbags in the right deploy? If so it's definitely going to be a huge bill. Could you shed some light on how you crashed?
Sorry for the late reply. I was traveling all this while. I'm reposting the incident from another thread :-

Recently my dad (black kizashi) was in an accident where the other car driver (Grey optra) just slept off on the wheel. He bumped straight into the rear right wheel. The impact was quite strong (told by my dad) and the curtain & shoulder airbags (which opens from inside the seat) deployed immediately. My dad said that had those not deployed, his head could've smashed right into the driver side window. Optra's both front airbag also got deployed immediately.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-1532243402510.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-1532243427980.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-1532243484050.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-1532243500699.jpg  

TB16 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 12:49   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply. I was traveling all this while. I'm reposting the incident from another thread :-

Recently my dad (black kizashi) was in an accident where the other car driver (Grey optra) just slept off on the wheel. He bumped straight into the rear right wheel. The impact was quite strong (told by my dad) and the curtain & shoulder airbags (which opens from inside the seat) deployed immediately. My dad said that had those not deployed, his head could've smashed right into the driver side window. Optra's both front airbag also got deployed immediately.
In the midst of all the cases of airbags not opening in fortuners and xuvs I'm glad to hear the Kiz performed it's role well
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 17:37   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
1. You mean rear suspension frame?? Yes its price is Rs. 30943

2. Rs. 5204

3. Rs. 9635(lower), Rs. 4543 for upper

4. What is that?? Any pic?

5. You mean caliper?? Unable to comprehend this too
Thanks alot shashi. I'll be getting an estimate tomorrow from my SA of all the work that has been carried out till now. That will clear things out. The car will be ready in another 4-5 days.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 12:09   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
In the midst of all the cases of airbags not opening in fortuners and xuvs I'm glad to hear the Kiz performed it's role well
Sorry yet again for not being active on the forum. My work and travel schedule is to be blamed. Coming back to the thread, yes i'm glad the car performed as it was supposed to. The damage although doesn't seem much in the pictures but a lot of suspension parts required replacement. Since i'm again out of delhi and don't have the exact break-up with me, I'll give a ballpark figure for the damage. The total estimate presented by MASS to us was around 4 lacs.

This was the approximate initial breakup of the damage provided to us after the first inspection. Since i had to leave delhi after that, my dad only followed up with MASS and the insurance company regarding what all needed to be changed and what not.

Approximate breakup:-

Airbag Module (entire 6 or 8 airbags) - 2.5 lacs
Suspension Parts - 50k-60k (maybe even more)
Driver side seat and headliner - 50k
Tyre and alloy - 35k
Misc - 15K

After a lot of back and forth, we decided not to get the airbags changed since we will have to shell out 50% of the 2.5 lacs. We also decided not to get the seat and headliner replaced and repair the existing only. Rest everything was replaced.

The total bill came to about 1.75 lacs out of which insurance company paid 1.05 lacs and the remaining majority was paid by the culprit of the accident (Grey Optra). The car is now running without airbags. Because of this it will only be used in city limits and my dad will be getting himself a new ride. Another reason for not getting the airbags replaced was the low running for the car. In the last 6.5 years, it has only done around 23K Km which translates to about 300km per month. I'll be posting the repair bill soon. Please let me know if you need any other detail.
Old 10th June 2019, 17:02   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
My Kizashi's AC has stopped cooling and apparently AC Evaporator coil has leaked. Maruti Service center has given me a budget of 38k. Not sure I am looking spend so much. Any advice on part sourcing or getting it cheap from elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.
My AC's cooling has also stopped. Did you go ahead with this or got some other alternative?
Old 16th June 2019, 00:39   #314

I got my cooling/Evaporator coil changed for 16k all inclusive at Markanda AC ( 98112 37161) at Faridabad. The new one is way too expensive. I got it done last week. So far so good... The replacement coil is that of a ford. He kept the car overnight. Give him a call if you are from the NCR region.

Last edited by navin : 16th June 2019 at 09:32. Reason: typo
Old 17th June 2019, 20:34   #315
BHPian

Quote:
I got my cooling/Evaporator coil changed for 16k all inclusive at Markanda AC ( 98112 37161) at Faridabad. The new one is way too expensive. I got it done last week. So far so good... The replacement coil is that of a ford. He kept the car overnight. Give him a call if you are from the NCR region.
Thanks alot lofty for the reply. Maruti has really put me in a spot right now. First, I took my car to Motorcraft in Noida sector 8. They said the cooling /evaporator coil needs replacement. Total cost approx 35k +. I still wanted a second opinion, so next day went to MSM, Okhla. They said the entire cooling system needs to be replaced with the compressor, coils everything. Total expense 100k +. Now i dont know which one is correct. What do you suggest? I'm certainly not spending 1lac + right now. Also can you please tell if there is any way to find out if the compressor is working. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed