Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2011, 16:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Numero Uno : Fiat Uno

Congrats Hillram!

How good is the AC on the Uno?

Keep it white!

Btw, between the Uno and the M800 (for around 50,000 Rs) which would you go for if your main priority is a good AC and a reliable drive?

Last edited by anekho : 24th February 2011 at 16:18.
Old 24th February 2011, 16:12   #17
BHPian

Its great to see a revived interest in the Uno. i had one for nearly 12 years, i had the 1ltr FIRE. it appears that uve got urself a 1.2 mpfi engine?

it was a great car, and it was a hoot around the city. i did sell it wit ha heavy heart 2 years back to a friend in hyd - who i guess hasnt maintained it the same way i did. But never the less, do reach out to me if ur looking for spares, i know this guy in blore who does source any spare for the uno i wanted.

i voted orange even though mine was a white uno. i think a nice burnt orange would look awesome.
Old 24th February 2011, 16:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Congrats Hillram!

How good is the AC on the Uno?

Keep it white!

Btw, between the Uno and the M800 (for around 50,000 Rs) which would you go for if your main priority is a good AC and a reliable drive?
You can't compare the M800 AC to Uno as Uno is way better and doesn't put load on the engine. But if you are looking for reliability in general at 50K INR, M800 will be the way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
Its great to see a revived interest in the Uno. i had one for nearly 12 years, i had the 1ltr FIRE. it appears that uve got urself a 1.2 mpfi engine?

Its a FIRE 1.0 Litre engine

Last edited by MileCruncher : 24th February 2011 at 16:31.
Old 25th February 2011, 08:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks friends for sharing all your thoughts and advices.Fiat UNO is a car that ialways dreamt of.I remember oggling at an Uno numbered 1414 in one of Team BHpians house and made several attempts to acquire it.

Right now,Im inching towards Yellow or Orange,as White is a Taxi colour.Will post more updates.
Old 25th February 2011, 19:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see some Uno fans around. I owned a Uno 1.0 fire for 7 years and that time I chose it over a zen and never regreted that decision. It was a very comfy car, gave great mileage and I loved it. Fiat service then was quite horrible and was the only blemish in my otherwise wonderful time with the Uno. U still can't go wrong with it provided u can source it spares.
Old 25th February 2011, 22:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

An Uno fan in 2011.. thats something new. My parents had an Uno D and i loved it.

Took my baby driving steps in that car. I was amazed at its high speed masking ability, which resulted in our driver having all the fun without getting any warnings to slow down! We used to live on a hill station and the UNO D used to climb in 3rd and 4th gears, which after the Ambassador was like a racing car.
It served us well and all the problems we faced were created when the car used to go for regular service.

I voted yellow. Not white please, that won't stand out.
Old 26th February 2011, 00:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Folks the Uno is back after a complete mechanicals done up.All the oils/filters have been changed,Carburattor tuned,gears,brakes,clutch smoothened and the AC is a bliss.It has a wonderful cooling effect and as Anirudh(Mile Cruncher) pointed out,there is no load on the engine.
Now the next phase is the paint job.I have to decide between White/Orange/Yellow.
Acutally the paint and the body are in such a good shape that the car doesnt need a new paint job.
Also should i get the bumpers painted as body colour.Now they are in black colour.Whatsay?

@Bblost..Imran bhai..remember the Peugeot 309 u directed me to...

Last edited by hillram : 26th February 2011 at 00:51.
Old 26th February 2011, 08:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the acquisition Ram bhai. Uno looks very neat and clean for its age.
I voted for white although as per my experience, i am damn sure that you wouldn't get the same shade painted.
Old 26th February 2011, 21:01   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

If you go for Orange / Yellow, do paint the bumpers too. It will look good. If you opt to retain / redo the White, keep the bumpers black. Black bumpers add a neat character to a white car IMHO.
Old 27th February 2011, 00:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If you go for Orange / Yellow, do paint the bumpers too. It will look good. If you opt to retain / redo the White, keep the bumpers black. Black bumpers add a neat character to a white car IMHO.
Finally im going with White colour scheme(thanks to the Voix Populi too)but getting the bumpers painted in white too,asi dont want a "Taxi" look.
A light decaling and some nice alloys(preferably white) will ornate the Uno in its last phases of refurbishment.
Old 27th February 2011, 00:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Finally im going with White colour scheme(thanks to the Voix Populi too)but getting the bumpers painted in white too,asi dont want a "Taxi" look.
A light decaling and some nice alloys(preferably white) will ornate the Uno in its last phases of refurbishment.
Nice choice there , White is undoubtedly the best color for the Uno! I just cant wait to see the car after the job gets done.

Congrats again, and do keep us updated about the progress.
Old 27th February 2011, 07:25   #27
BHPian

hi there!
nice to see prateek's uno ending up in loving care. hope you have many "grrrrrroooovy" days with beloved uno. and the usual suspects have posted already. wonder how my good friend sharan keeps track?

there are a few things that i want to clear before any major overhaul is done. fiat currently supplies spares for the uno, on request from a tata-fiat dealership near you. If you dont have a haynes manual, get one already, for without it, you will never understand the innards.

as regards the choice of colour, i have not voted because the colour that i wanted is not there. i have attached a few pictures to show. I am not sure whether to call it turquoise or peacock blue. i have seen it on a few unos and it looks splendid.

a few technical questions for mr.hillram
1. is that a weber carb? its not a mikuni for sure.
2. in the engine bay, there is something covered by a grey corrugated pvc tube, arching across the engine. what is it?

a few suggestions for mr.hillram
1. please tuck in the fuses/wires hanging from below the dash in the front passenger well
2. please avoid excessive modding/detailing. it looks quite good as it is.
3. please let me know if you find 98 pcd alloys for the uno

thanks
arun
Attached Thumbnails
Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-1.jpg  

Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-2.jpg  

Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-3.jpg  

arununo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2011, 08:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Nice choice there , White is undoubtedly the best color for the Uno! I just cant wait to see the car after the job gets done.

Congrats again, and do keep us updated about the progress.
Thanks my friend.Paint job should be complete today and Alloys and Tyre installation should happen by Tuesday.I will unveil the UNO on wednesday along with my newly restored Vespa ALFA.Lets call it Italian Connection !!!

Last edited by hillram : 27th February 2011 at 09:00.
Old 27th February 2011, 20:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Wow HillRam. You've done it again. Unofficial custodian of memorable cars from the 90s!

Good decision to stick with white. Doesn't feel right to strip out a clean car. ALthough I am really digging the blue one that Sid's posted. Were you able to get OZs for it. (probably cost more than the car itself)

Last edited by Mpower : 28th February 2011 at 21:41.
Old 1st March 2011, 07:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Presenting my Fiat Uno : White Knight

Finally the White Knight is ready to unleash on the road.
With the paint job completed yesterday and a quick polish,i headed to upgrade shoes for the Uno.To my illuck OZ was not fitting as the PCD didnot match.I quickly selected Neo white and nickel spoked 13" alloys and Michelin XM+1 Tubeless tyres and installed a JVC ICE quickly.
I came back home quite happier man to possess the Uno in a new avatar.I had to take my wify and kid for an icecream treat even it was 11pm in the night.No compromise with home ministry,which was finally happy to see the white knight.
Now the AP registration has also been done so swiftly with a provisional declaration from me(ofc through my contacts).
I would like to thank Team BHP because of which i secured this Uno and all the Team Bhpians who supported me(in making me stick to white colour)..now no regrets.Lastly thanks to Prateek,the ex-owner of the car for parting with this magnificent italian machine.
Enjoy the pics friends.
P.S:The Uno landed in my hands last wednesday and today it is fully restored/refurbished.Quickest restoration i have ever done !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-1.jpg  

Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-2.jpg  

Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-3.jpg  

Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-4.jpg  

Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-5.jpg  

Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-6.jpg  

Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-7.jpg  

Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-8.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 1st March 2011 at 08:04.
hillram is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks