Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 00:57   #46
BHPian

Re: 30,000 Kms Service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Got my alloys painted in Matt Black and the hub painted in body colour. the beast now looks sportier. Will post pics soon.
Waiting to see how the beast looks after painting the alloys.

Is the work done at M&M or outside? Is there any particular process to paint the alloys without parting them from tires? I don't think that you have removed the alloys totally, for getting the work done, as it is cumbersome and also there is a headache of TPMS system.
Old 19th April 2012, 20:52   #47
BHPian

Re: 30,000 Kms Service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Waiting to see how the beast looks after painting the alloys.

Is the work done at M&M or outside? Is there any particular process to paint the alloys without parting them from tires? I don't think that you have removed the alloys totally, for getting the work done, as it is cumbersome and also there is a headache of TPMS system.
Hi VSUN have been held up with work and unable to take pictures and post them on the thread. Hopefully this weekend will take a few pistures and post them.

It was done outside and not in M&M and all the wheels had been removed and the tyres masked and painted.
Old 10th May 2012, 23:50   #48
BHPian

Re: December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home

Finally took some pictures of my beast. Had actaully planned a proper Photo shoot which is still pending due to lack of proper time and location.

Here are a few pictures that I took from my mobile.

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-16032012114.jpg

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-16032012115.jpg

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-imag0031.jpg

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-imag0032.jpg

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-imag0034.jpg

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-imag0035.jpg
Old 11th May 2012, 00:38   #49
Senior - BHPian

Re: December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home

Hi Octane,
I liked the black alloys on a white car! stands out!
Happy Motoring!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 17:38   #50
BHPian

Hi Octane.

The car looks nice with newly painted Alloys. I don't see the white ring around the Alloys in the first and second pics. The white ring painted around the edge of Alloy wheel added to the looks .

Where did you manage to get green colored caps to the air valves? Now don't tell me that you got them painted .
vsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 21:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Hi Octane.

The car looks nice with newly painted Alloys. I don't see the white ring around the Alloys in the first and second pics. The white ring painted around the edge of Alloy wheel added to the looks .

Where did you manage to get green colored caps to the air valves? Now don't tell me that you got them painted .
Thanks VSUN. The white ring is not paint but radium sticker which was stuck later after a few days of the alloys being painted. Sourced the green coloured caps from the place where I get Nitrogen filled @ Juiblee hills.
Old 5th June 2012, 01:21   #52
BHPian

Completed 34,800 Kms on the beast and was time for the 4th paid servicing. Booked an appointment on the 31st and dropped the vehicle at VVC motors Madhapur at 4:30PM.

Compliant's
1) Power windows Buttons operating sluggishly
2) Window glasses rattling slightly
3) Rubber covers on the wipers missing
4) Roof top antenna broke due to my negligence while removing the cover from the beast
5) Differential Oil not replaced last time due to non availability
6) Seats inside vibrating a bit

Recieved the beast back on 1st

Actions taken
1) Replaced under warranty
2) Fixed
3) Fixed
4) No Stock would be contacted when the stock arrives
5) Replaced
6) All nuts and bolts tightened.

Now Maverick 2 runs absolutely smooth without any vibrations. The total bill came upto 2100 which includes a liter of engine oil which had gone down a bit and I had asked them to top it up.

Was using an old Pioneer Amp which had conked off before the servicing which was replaced by a JBL 4 channel amp on 3rd.

Music sounds even better now.

All in all very happy with the prompt response by VVC motors .
Old 22nd November 2012, 00:03   #53
BHPian

It has been quite a smooth experience munching miles with the beast so far. have not done any long drives but the Kilometers add up quick. The best was due for the 40,000 service and I was expecting quite a bill as it is one major service. So on the 4th of October gave the vehicle for servicing at VVC motors.

As promised the vehicle was returned back on the 5th of October.

List of problems

1) To change the Antenna which broke and was out of stock last time.
2) To change the wipers on the front and back.
3) Tighten all nuts and bolts.
4) Check brake pads and replace if necessary. (A.S.S informed me that it would last until the next service)
5) Few days ago had a problem with the clutch pedal going dead and was not working. So the next day when I started it was all working fine. So asked the SA to check the problem with the clutch. (The problem was with the slave which went kaput and was replaced under warranty)

All compliant have been rectified and the final bill came to 11,630.

The Antenna which broke was replaced and the cost of the antenna was 686.46 and to replace it the labour cost 800 which sounds ridiculous. Same thing with one of the lower Ball Joint which was replaced which cost 568.56 and the labour cost me 920.

The labour seems to be costing a lot.

Over all I am a happy customer with the beast performing smoothly .

Last edited by octane78 : 22nd November 2012 at 00:08. Reason: Missed adding a point
octane78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 21:35   #54
BHPian

It has been quite sometime I have posted anything due to a very busy schedule and during this time the beast has been running quite well and 2 services of 45k and 50k have been completed.

During the 45K service the following things have been replaced
1. USH Stab front bar
2. Bush stab bar rear
3. Hose STRG pump to gear ( Changed because it was making a noise when turning the beast and oil leaking)
4. DF Bulb
5. One liter engine oil as the level was a bit low
6. Power steering oil

The consumables costed around 2,096.97 with VAT and the labour coming up to 2370.75. With the total coming around to 4468.

The beast was running fine and just when it was nearing the 50K service a sound cropped up from the right side rear suspension when the vehicle goes over a pothole or a speed breaker. Bent under and checked everything but could not make head or tail of anything.

So finally the beast touched the magic figure of 50k on a recent trip to Vijayawada.

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-imag0947.jpg

So finally on the 30 of April gave the beast for the 50K service.

The following things were changed

1. Link stabiliser bar RH
2. Link stabiliser bar LH
3. USH Stab bar front
4. Bush stabiliser bar rear
5. Kit pads BIL
6. Clutch master cylinder assy aluminium
7. Bulb 12 V 5 W
8. Brake fluid Prelub 650
9. Dittiled battery water
10. Maximile grease 400 gms

The consumables costing 8989.96 and the service labour charges being 8634.83. Totalling to 17.625

Over all was happy with the service but a new problem cropped up and the vehicle. The airbag warning light comes up and stays for sometime. Spoke to the SA over the phone and he asked me to get the vehicle in for a diagnosis.

Keeping my fingures crossed.

Seems the service cost has shooted up from 2700 to 3150 for the major service interval that is done during the 20k,30k, 40k and so on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks