Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 21:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Scorpio mHawk VLX Airbag - Initial OwnerShip Review

By the way, which is the best floor mats for scorpio. Not many options available though. Dealer had 2 types of mats
Rubber black and fabric one. I now have black rubber mats which is mahindra recommended. But they slide down a lot and is very uncomfortable while driving.

There is elegant mats for scorpio available, any suggestions on this is very helpful.
Old 10th March 2011, 21:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
@octane78, had read your post, looks great. I've crossed 1000 km now, still some have advised to stay in the limit till the first service.

Whats your opinion on the bull bar? how much did it cost?
When I bought the Scorpio I was offered 34K worth of accessories and one of the accessories that I opted was the Bull bar which costed around 11,500INR and the flag rod costed me around 1500INR all from Mahindra. The actual price of the same Bullbar outside would be around 7500 or max 8000INR IMO.
Old 11th March 2011, 13:40   #18
BANNED

Quote:
By the way, which is the best floor mats for scorpio. Not many options available though. Dealer had 2 types of mats
Rubber black and fabric one. I now have black rubber mats which is mahindra recommended. But they slide down a lot and is very uncomfortable while driving.

There is elegant mats for scorpio available, any suggestions on this is very helpful.
I think you should go for carpet type mats available easily with after market car accessories dealers.
They look best on the scorpio, IMHO.
Something like this;
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio mHawk VLX Airbag - Initial OwnerShip Review-carmatsblackgreycarpetmatsvanmats.jpg  

Last edited by DMehta : 11th March 2011 at 13:44.
Old 12th March 2011, 08:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

abacusv,

congratulations! welcome to the most proudly owned SUV-Scorpio in India.

It is a great car to drive too! Happy Motoring!
Old 14th March 2011, 12:16   #20
BHPian

Hey guys,

This week took the beast to another trip. Still in the limitation period so was hesitant to speed beyond 80 but couldn't control to touch 100. Amazing feel on the road.

I had been to wayanad and some bumpy stretch and most of the stretch was smooth.

In one of the path, I had to climb 60% uphil on rock laid road. Was so excited as we could not have done with esteem I had ownded. To my surprise it was not as easy as I thought, the first gear could not pull itself with just the acceleration. I had to work with half clutch and increased RPM to actually get the pickup. I would have done the same thing with my esteem too with more RPM than the scorpio. I'm a newbie with SUV and was little puzzled here. Not sure if my expectations was too high but a stretch like this is not that easy then off roading must not be easy either.

Can you guys put some light here..

cheers,
Vadi
Old 24th March 2011, 13:48   #21
NFS
BHPian

Congrats on your buy! and welcome to the Scorpio Club. Your review made me see the spare wheel and was surprised to see it is indeed a Steel wheel. The salesman explained that they removed the sensor from the rear wheel because, when it is puncture the TPMS would keep yelling at you consistently and thus it was removed. I nodded my head but never realized that they would have changed the wheel to steel!

Anyways, any idea when Scorpio started coming with Steel spare wheel? or was it from starting? I remember seeing the spare wheel sensor on the dashboard showing the status of temp and psi. Not sure if they had a sensor on a steel wheel then.

Congrats once again, looks like you are munching miles faster than me. Sarge is closing 1000 this week the run-in period is going to be over! We decided not to do this in one go and would slowly run-in rather than take a long drive on the very first week itself.

Looking forward to a trip to Kerala during second week of April!

All the best on your new scorpio! drive safe
Old 24th March 2011, 14:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
I think you should go for carpet type mats available easily with after market car accessories dealers.
They look best on the scorpio, IMHO.
Something like this;

This looks neat!!

Could you tell me the brand. All I get to find in the store now is the elegants carpet. Let me know if this is the same.
Old 24th March 2011, 14:42   #23
BHPian

@NFS thank you.

Now a days scorpio dont come with 5th alloy. Dealers suggest us to buy 5th alloy which I did. They did take couple of days to fit the spare alloy. The delay was to put the sensors to the spare.

I expected the dash board to show me the status of the 5th wheel too after the fitment but it dint. The reality is, when the spare is used as one of the 4 running wheels, the sensor gets activated. Not checked if it is true.. I hope it is.

Good luck on your long drive. Its really a pleasure to drive.

I did feel stressed on long drives. There is a jelly coolant for the seat available in market these days.. Which keeps your seat cool for a long. I find it quite useful on long drives.

Cheers,
Vadi
Old 24th March 2011, 18:07   #24
BHPian

Welcome to Scorpio Club,

Congrats on you purchase of the Hawk , I have never faced the issue of hill climbs even when i climbed ooty via the 36 Hairpin route , it was a walk in the park.. maybe u still needs to get used to the Turbo Lag , since earlier drive was petrol.

Wish you more and more Happy Miles ...!!

Raghu.
Old 26th April 2011, 19:53   #25
BHPian

I'm back with another review.

3 months now and I completed 5000KM mark. Got the service done just today.

I've been using almost daily to office and feel much easier to drive compared to my previous vehicle Esteem. Micro Hybrid is helpful.

Avg Mileage

10 kmpl within city.
12.8 kmpl on highway.

The engine has become smoother now. I could feel the difference even before getting it serviced. Now wanted to share my experience on my first service from India Garage Bangalore.

India Garage have advance booking system. Looks like they dont encourage walkins. I had not booked it but they accepted with a sad face as it was the first service. The executive said the vehicle will be ready in 1 hour. I was shocked to hear that, wondered if they do any thing at all. Even washing takes 1 hour. I gave him my set of problems and he then gave a 4 hours time for completion.

Problems reported.
1. Shifting from 5th gear to lower gears, the liver gets stuck there and have to put little power to release it.
2. Rattle noise at back door.
3. Central locking system remote not responsive enough
4. Honk vibrates.

No running problems faced though.

Solution:
1. Repaired the liver. Yet to check if it has been resolved. It is not possible to drive in 5th gear in City limits.
2. Few makes have this problem and he has repaired it. Noise is reduced.
3. Remote replaced under warranty
4. Honk tuned.. Works fine now.

Engine Oil replaced, coolant refilled and other general checkup done. The overall cost came up to 2026. This is only oil charges. Labor is free as it is free service.

I did not feel any difference after the service. I wonder if they have done any kind of engine service now.

There is one big problem. Others please let me know if you are also facing the same problem.

BACK DOOR. Back door sensor is not proper. The voice assistance wont warn you if the back door is not closed properly. The sensor works only when the back door is opened to about 25-30 degrees wide. Even remote locking does not beep when locked with back door opened. I checked with two other Scorpios in the service station, they too behaved the same way. Seems to be manufacturing defect. Service guy promised to rectify it and asked me to leave it on some day.

One of the doors central locking system has screwed. creeps when unlocked. Need to get replaced on warranty.
Old 27th April 2011, 02:28   #26
BANNED

You will not feel much of a perceptible difference during your first service since the engine is still pretty new and tight. Your FE might improve slightly though.

Coming to your back door issue, it is not a bad sensor but a foolish placement of the door switch which is at the hinge end of the door instead of the latch end of the door which makes it open and close its connections only when the door is opened wide.

This is a design flaw on all Scorpios.
Old 27th April 2011, 14:02   #27
NFS
BHPian

My Scorpio has problems 1&3 and going to service it in the next month or so. Yet to reach 3000kms.

Quote:
Problems reported.
1. Shifting from 5th gear to lower gears, the liver gets stuck there and have to put little power to release it.
3. Central locking system remote not responsive enough
Nice to know that the Central Locking remote was replaced for you! I may also request the same. At times it is too bad, as it requires more than 5 to 6 press to lock or unlock.

happy motoring!
Old 27th April 2011, 14:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
My Scorpio has problems 1&3 and going to service it in the next month or so. Yet to reach 3000kms.

Nice to know that the Central Locking remote was replaced for you! I may also request the same. At times it is too bad, as it requires more than 5 to 6 press to lock or unlock.

happy motoring!
You do not have the back door problem? Let me know if so. I can claim this in warranty. The service person has promised to solve it through his experience and not through company claimed warranty. Just curios to know if this problem is specific to my vehicle only.
Old 28th April 2011, 08:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BACK DOOR. Back door sensor is not proper. The voice assistance wont warn you if the back door is not closed properly. The sensor works only when the back door is opened to about 25-30 degrees wide. Even remote locking does not beep when locked with back door opened. I checked with two other Scorpios in the service station, they too behaved the same way. Seems to be manufacturing defect. Service guy promised to rectify it and asked me to leave it on some day.
This issue is easily resolved if you add a rubber packing below the switch making it protrude a little bit more to make tighter contact with the door. If you cannot do this, just procure a door switch(from Autocop or any accessories shop) and replace the existing one. Worked on my ride!
Old 28th April 2011, 15:25   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is a design flaw on all Scorpios.
Thanks for this info mate. I always assumed that Mahindra didn't put a sensor for the rear door to save money, but now I understand that it is stupidity rather than stinginess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks