Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 16:32   #16
BHPian

Re: My Red Pimento - Maruti Swift Vdi Euro IV review - 20000KM update

Done 30000KMs and service too.This time I did it in BRD Car world, Tcr bypass, Thrissur. BRD service is far better than Indus and Sai service. Cost wise also they are cheaper. Indus gave me an estimate of 6K.

Issues reported were steering tightness, stiff suspension, never ending rattling.

They have replaced some rubber bush in front suspension (Part no 41710M75J30), some components in steering coloumn was replaced in warranty, resetted the door pads and did the normal oil change.

Parts cost total was Rs 1857.00 (including Rs 468.72 for front suspension bush) and labour was Rs 2044.95 (including Rs600.00 for front strut both side R&R) and Total was Rs 3902.00.
Wheel alignment was done free.
Old 17th October 2012, 21:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad
Done 30000KMs and service too.This time I did it in BRD Car world, Tcr bypass, Thrissur. BRD service is far better than Indus and Sai service. Cost wise also they are cheaper. Indus gave me an estimate of 6K.

Issues reported were steering tightness, stiff suspension, never ending rattling.

They have replaced some rubber bush in front suspension (Part no 41710M75J30), some components in steering coloumn was replaced in warranty, resetted the door pads and did the normal oil change.

Parts cost total was Rs 1857.00 (including Rs 468.72 for front suspension bush) and labour was Rs 2044.95 (including Rs600.00 for front strut both side R&R) and Total was Rs 3902.00.
Wheel alignment was done free.
How does the car feel now after the suspension work is done ? I also need to get suspension checked for my ritz as it has become super stiff and can feel almost everything on the road,good for handling but the softness of the suspensions are gone.I got it checked once and the local mass told me that the bushes needs replacement but should last around 5k more,so I guess it's time for the suspension to be checked and fixed during the 40k service.

Cheers
Old 17th October 2012, 22:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury

How does the car feel now after the suspension work is done ? ............... it's time for the suspension to be checked and fixed during the 40k service.

Cheers
The ride quality has improved much. Now we dont get thrown away in car while driven over potholes. Also the small undulations on road doesnt get much passed on to the cabin. But i don't know how long it will be like this, as swift does have a stiff suspension.
Old 18th October 2012, 08:21   #19
BHPian

re: My Red Pimento - Maruti Swift Vdi Euro IV review - 40000 Kms update

Hello ontheroad,
Nicely written up review !
Pics of you car seems to proclaim how well you maintain your Ride !
The alloys defenitly enhances the looks of your Swift.
Happy to see another fellow Keralite BHPian.
Drive Safe !
VishnuNarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 20:01   #20
BHPian

re: My Red Pimento - Maruti Swift Vdi Euro IV review - 40000 Kms update

Update 30K to 40K KM -
Starter motor assembly conked off by 37K KM and was repaired by Maruti in extended warranty. Front RH headlamp fused. Other than these, there were no issues. Also did the DIY damping suggested by "rjstyles" in between. Though the vibrations of door pads got reduced, there is still the tick-tick sound emerging either from the B pillar or between the closed door and B pillar. Seems I have to live with it. :-P

40000KM Update
My Pimento completed 40K KM and service was done last month in BRD car world, Konikkara, Thrissur.
Except complains about minor rattling sound from inside B pillar and left rear door pad, I had no other issues.
Parts replaced were all scheduled filter and oil replacements. Extra work done were
1) Front stabilizer replacement and 2) Inter cooler cleaning.
Total bill amount Rs 6838.00

As usual BRD service did a good job and they even sent their staff to my home to check when I gave feedback that rattling sound from B pillar persisted. They could not clear it and I don't find fault in them as the real culprit is Maruti's poor plastic quality.
SA conveyed that battery is showing signs of packing up. Yoko A drives still have about 5k KMs left in them.

Over all , after the service, my pimento is back to performance of DAY1

Total maintenance cost till date is Rs22556.00 for 40K KMs which includes service, parts replacements and wheel alignments/balancing.

Update as on 43200KM

Battery replacement - Battery was replaced by 42k KM. OEM Exide lasted 3 years and 12 days. New Battery is Amaron Black. Battery cost Rs4800.00 and fitting charge of Rs100.00
Tyre replacement - Yoko A drives (185/70/R14) were swapped with MRF ZLOs (185/70/R14) yesterday. Being VFM tyres, I think A drives served me well for 43200KM with just two punctures.

Immediate feedback after swap is that 1) Steering has become light 2) Road noise has reduced and 3) body roll has increased. I fill 33psi in front and 29 at rear. Total hit in wallet is Rs15200.00 for four tyres.
Wheel alignment and balancing was done in another shop for Rs300.00. Alignment cost was free as I was having a free checkup of A drives left there after the 40K alignment.

Overall feedback- Except for the rattling issue there is nothing much to complain even after 43K KMs. She still performs exactly as she did on the very first day (29/04/2010)

Last edited by ontheroad : 9th June 2013 at 20:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks