Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2011, 07:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalcasanova View Post
Any petrol Vento owners here in this post? A colleague of mine has given a very poor feedback on the Fuel Efficiency of this model (around 7kmpl in city). Can someone comment if this is the exception or the rule.
As far as I know it has to be an exception . You can refer to reviews posted by Noopster ( petrol AT). In his latest post he has described how he squeezed out 22kmpl from his AT on the highway ! Attaching the link to noopster's thread for your ready reference http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

Last edited by souravc : 30th March 2011 at 07:14. Reason: attaching the link to the relevant post
Old 5th April 2011, 11:25   #62
BHPian

Did a 1400 KM round trip to Goa and back. The vehicle is amazing at high speeds, was able to squeeze a FE of 17.5 kmpl for the entire journey, I guess this is because I did speeds like 140 - 150 km/hr often.

The car has done 4500 KM on the ODO, no problems at all.

Also got the first scratch on the rear bumper, thanks to a new driver, got it in the parking lot of the hotel in Goa.

Detailed pics and report coming up soon
Old 5th April 2011, 16:54   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Did a 1400 KM round trip to Goa and back. The vehicle is amazing at high speeds, was able to squeeze a FE of 17.5 kmpl for the entire journey, I guess this is because I did speeds like 140 - 150 km/hr often.

Also got the first scratch on the rear bumper, thanks to a new driver, got it in the parking lot of the hotel in Goa.

A decent figure I should say. I was able to squeeze 19.6kmpl during my last long drive. Touched 160 kmph. Considering the traffic and road conditions here, I was satisfied with the figures. My car has clocked 8000 kms now and the average mileage is 16 (city) and 19-20 (highways).

Waiting for your pics.
Old 5th April 2011, 19:30   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalcasanova View Post
Any petrol Vento owners here in this post? A colleague of mine has given a very poor feedback on the Fuel Efficiency of this model (around 7kmpl in city). Can someone comment if this is the exception or the rule.
Which city? In absolute horrible bumper-to-bumper Mumbai traffic, I got about 8 kmpl. On an AT. MT should be slightly better, say around 9. That's what Sahil said I should expect (he has an AT too). In Pune I get around 10 kmpl (tank to tank method, not MID displayed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
As far as I know it has to be an exception . You can refer to reviews posted by Noopster ( petrol AT). In his latest post he has described how he squeezed out 22kmpl from his AT on the highway ! Attaching the link to noopster's thread for your ready reference http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html
Awww shucks thanks and all, souravc! My first honest-to-goodness unsolicited plug on TBHP. Big day for da Noopster!

Quote:

Wow! You managed to outrun me in one fell swoop . Am still stuck on 3700 or so, despite a couple of longish trips. 17.5kmpl is great: I got about 13 for my highway runs (best was Lavasa trip which was 14.5 but that was one-off. And the expressway runs can't really be brought into this equation).

Keep posting!
Old 6th April 2011, 21:11   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F458 View Post
Hi to all the contributors to this wonderful thread,

At the airport my Dad sat in the drivers seat admired the layout and was impressed with the looks. But the moment he started driving, was taken aback by 2 things, one the tendency of the car to self accelerate and the of course the grinding noise !!!

Gotto Run will post what happened in the last 5 months in the next
post.
F458, what do you mean when you say the car has a tendency to self accelerate? Does the car move even without the foot on the pedal?
Old 7th April 2011, 01:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

If its an Auto box,then if the car is shifted to D and brakes are taken of the car starts to crawl without touching the accelerator,i guess thats what he meant by self accelerate(?).

I read this somewhere not from personal experience.
Old 7th April 2011, 10:33   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
F458, what do you mean when you say the car has a tendency to self accelerate? Does the car move even without the foot on the pedal?
For all the diesel vehicles I have driven ( Vento, Skoda, Innova, Indica, Manza) since the idling RPM is on the higher side when you release the clutch on first gear, it starts on its own. This is discussed several times on this forum. However this is very normal and not a problem at all. You just need to get used to a Disel Engine.

This is not "Self acceleration"
Old 7th April 2011, 10:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For all the diesel vehicles I have driven ( Vento, Skoda, Innova, Indica, Manza) since the idling RPM is on the higher side when you release the clutch on first gear, it starts on its own. This is discussed several times on this forum. However this is very normal and not a problem at all. You just need to get used to a Disel Engine.

This is not "Self acceleration"
Well I think its a standard feature in all modern cars irrespective of whether its a diesel or a petrol one , I have seen this in Swift (petrol) and even in the later editions of M800 . The roll-on from first gear happens with (smooth) release of clutch , accelerator need not come into play.
Old 12th April 2011, 13:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shantanu.
I think i spotted your ride today near sarajapur flyover @ around 9.30 am, not sure if that was you or not as that vento did not have any TBHP stickers on .
I was in my FBR Ritz with L2D sticker on the hatch door
Might be some other vento.
Cheers
Old 12th April 2011, 14:40   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Hey Shantanu.
I think i spotted your ride today near sarajapur flyover @ around 9.30 am, not sure if that was you or not as that vento did not have any TBHP stickers on .
I was in my FBR Ritz with L2D sticker on the hatch door
Might be some other vento.
Cheers
I dont have a sticker on my car.
Yes it was me, actually I think it was in Ibbalur. I noted the yellow L2D sticker on a maroon Ritz with handsome alloys!
Old 12th April 2011, 15:00   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont have a sticker on my car.
Yes it was me, actually I think it was in Ibbalur. I noted the yellow L2D sticker on a maroon Ritz with handsome alloys!
Oh great .
I guessed it was your ride and thought of calling you also to check , but because of some reason didnt call .

Anyways i guess you didnt get any sunfilms for your ride as of now, right.
Im sure of you get some dark sunfilms your car will look kool.
Also get some TBHP stickers in that way it will be easy to identify each other.
Cheers
Old 15th April 2011, 14:18   #72
BHPian

Shadowfax completed 5300 KM as of today, thanks to a couple of long weekend trips and the Goa road trip.

There is a tremendous improvement in the smoothness of the engine ever after it has completed 5000 KM. Its butter smooth now, and the best part of all is the mileage. I am getting a mileage of 19 kmpl in my office drives (I leave early, as I avoid peak our bumper to bumper traffic). On a recent drive to the electronic city via BETL it gave me a mileage of 21 kmpl!!!

Thinking in terms of sunfilm now, maybe a 70% visibility 3M sunfilm would do the job.

Any reccomendations from where should I get the job done ?

@Noop: Pune trip coming up in a couple of months, obviously a road trip :-P

Bonus: Pics taken on top of a ferry in Goa (on the way from Colva to Palolem)!
Attached Thumbnails
My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review-p1000889.jpg  

My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review-p1000865.jpg  

My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review-p1000866.jpg  

My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review-p1000867.jpg  

My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review-p1000888.jpg  

Last edited by evilshantanu : 15th April 2011 at 14:35.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shadowfax completed 5300 KM as of today, thanks to a couple of long weekend trips and the Goa road trip.

There is a tremendous improvement in the smoothness of the engine ever after it has completed 5000 KM.
Wow 5k in about 40+ days is a lot of running man.And great to know the machine has become butter smooth, i guess it will not take long for the first service to be done, im sure alot of people would be interested in the know the cost of the service of vento.
Fellow bhpian @ kolkata got his 1.6 polo serviced recently and the bill was almost 11k .

Quote:
Any reccomendations from where should I get the job done ?
You can check out the 3M store in hsr.

Cheers
Old 15th April 2011, 18:34   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

There is a tremendous improvement in the smoothness of the engine ever after it has completed 5000 KM. Its butter smooth now, and the best part of all is the mileage. I am getting a mileage of 19 kmpl in my office drives (I leave early, as I avoid peak our bumper to bumper traffic). On a recent drive to the electronic city via BETL it gave me a mileage of 21 kmpl!!!
Nice. Something for me to look forward to, since I am now majorly lagging you on mileage

Quote:
@Noop: Pune trip coming up in a couple of months, obviously a road trip :-P

Bonus: Pics taken on top of a ferry in Goa (on the way from Colva to Palolem)!
Can't wait to have shadowfax meet Fraulein!

By the way, did you take your car on board the ferry at Colva? I had no idea they did roros over here.

Last edited by noopster : 15th April 2011 at 18:36.
Old 15th April 2011, 21:47   #75

11 K for servicing ! What did they do ? Used liquid gold instead of engine oil? I am getting my Vento on Tuesday but this information is going to increase my anxiety over the weekend

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks