Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 16:43   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Woah evilshantanu that is some serious driving man. Congrats on your mile crunch.

Bangalore surely is a Curse in disguise. Though the city has grown faster than many western nations, so has the cost of Living. You made a good choice of going in for an Oil burner since a petrol Vento might have restricted your drives to some extent, with its price in Bangalore.

Drive Safe and wish you many more miles.
Old 6th February 2012, 20:13   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Bonus Pic: Shadowfax with the Italian lady at the base of Nandi hills, on a good Sunday morning Nandi Hill, just before I started the climb on the Italian lady
Hey, somehow I missed the recent updates in your thread! How do you take the italian lady with Shadowfax? Does it fit in the boot?

Quote:
So the Shadowfax turns 1 in March 2012. Its been a fabulous one year with the brave heart! I have already clocked 28,000 KM on the Odometer, and I still love to drive it, I still like to take it on open roads, you have to drive it to find out how much it loves the open roads.

I almost nearly booked a Vento petrol, thinking that Diesel Vento is too expensive for me, but then Ankita asked me to go for the diesel one, the difference in cost was 1.25 Lacs (ex showroom) but I guess I have recover that amount already. Here is some maths how
Awesome! 28k! I am sure it would have been less than 18-20k in any other car! By the way, how do you find out the average mileage for the whole year? Were you tracking it separately or the MFD shows up the figure?
Old 6th February 2012, 21:03   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch

Hey, somehow I missed the recent updates in your thread! How do you take the italian lady with Shadowfax? Does it fit in the boot?
After removing the wheels, it fits into the boot perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch
Awesome! 28k! I am sure it would have been less than 18-20k in any other car! By the way, how do you find out the average mileage for the whole year? Were you tracking it separately or the MFD shows up the figure?
I was keeping track of it on my phone. Was pretty cumbersome, but looking at it today, it gives a nice feeling :-P
It's strange how we TBHPians do weird things, and we understand each others ways perfectly!
Old 7th February 2012, 01:01   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After removing the wheels, it fits into the boot perfectly.
I also was wondering about the same .. 28K in a year thats a Singh is King performance buddy Mine would be a year on 9th March , should have clocked 22-23K by then .

I saw your query about the car insurance renewal , have you checked out ICICI Lombard ?
I got mine renewed with zero dep ( I figured that I didn't have zero dep the first year ! ) , with NCB I am paid 22K odd amount . Check it online on their website .
cheers
Old 7th February 2012, 10:44   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Woah evilshantanu that is some serious driving man. Congrats on your mile crunch.

Bangalore surely is a Curse in disguise. Though the city has grown faster than many western nations, so has the cost of Living. You made a good choice of going in for an Oil burner since a petrol Vento might have restricted your drives to some extent, with its price in Bangalore.

Drive Safe and wish you many more miles.
Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I also was wondering about the same .. 28K in a year thats a Singh is King performance buddy Mine would be a year on 9th March , should have clocked 22-23K by then .

I saw your query about the car insurance renewal , have you checked out ICICI Lombard ?
I got mine renewed with zero dep ( I figured that I didn't have zero dep the first year ! ) , with NCB I am paid 22K odd amount . Check it online on their website .
cheers
Thanks Dada! you are not far behind, 22-23K in 1 year is some serious mileage!
Old 7th February 2012, 11:36   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

cheers
Seriously ICICI Lombard? Do you feel they are good? Have seen and heard several bad reviews on the forum/of the forum.
Old 7th February 2012, 11:50   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Seriously ICICI Lombard? Do you feel they are good? Have seen and heard several bad reviews on the forum/of the forum.
I never had the need to use a claim with my Vento , have claimed it once for my swift and it went off smoothly . Actually I used to get my Swift from a sai service centre in Mumbai (lower parel) and the guy who co-ordinated with the insurance companies for the claims became a good friend of mine . He had mentioned that smooth or difficult claims depend solely on the relationship between the dealer and the insurance office from where the surveyor comes from. They had a great equation with the surveyor from one of the PSU insurance companies (NIA I think) and that used to work smoothest for them with least deductions and least delays. My ICICI Lombard claim on my swift went off hassle free with nothing out of the ordinary deductions.
Old 12th February 2012, 20:11   #98
BHPian

Hi Evilshantanu

Nice to see u have been really going strong in clocking up the miles in your vento, just wanted to know how's the tire wear till now, and yes i have to compliment you in your record keeping.
Also i would like to know how do u find the front driver's seat, I always get a pain in my thigh after about an hour of driving, cant understand why? Any comments.

Cheers
Old 27th July 2012, 22:14   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hey Buddy ,
I do hope that you car is repaired well . Please do update us on how it goes , will be glued to your thread ! In case you need to cross check on anything from VW workshops here in Mumbai let me know . I will mail you my number
Stay safe .
Cheers
Sourav
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 22:22   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Buddy ,
I do hope that you car is repaired well . Please do update us on how it goes , will be glued to your thread ! In case you need to cross check on anything from VW workshops here in Mumbai let me know . I will mail you my number
Stay safe .
Cheers
Sourav
Thanks Sourav. Will keep you guys updated on the progress, I guess the repair would take some time :-)

Finally I am able to move on, all thanks to support from you guys, the biggest thing for me and my family is I escaped unhurt. And Shadowfax stuck on to me like a loyal dog!

Good I chose a "safe" car instead of the other gadgets available in the market :-) (no offence to anybody here).

Will get the loyal shadowfax back into shape, infact had some bad scratches on the rear bumper, good opportunity to get rid of then now :-P
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 07:44   #101
BHPian

So today starts a new phase. The shadowfax will be going to the service center for some major repairs. Will keep posting the developments here.

I have a zero depreciation policy from Bajaj Allianz insurance, the plan is known as drive assure economy. Lets see how the entire process comes out to be, till now it is smooth.

For people who dont know, this is what happened to shadowfax yesterday:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2853430

Thankfully I came out of it unhurt. Still thanking my stars.
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 14:36   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So today starts a new phase. The shadowfax will be going to the service center for some major repairs. Will keep posting the developments here.

I have a zero depreciation policy from Bajaj Allianz insurance, the plan is known as drive assure economy. Lets see how the entire process comes out to be, till now it is smooth.

For people who dont know, this is what happened to shadowfax yesterday:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2853430

Thankfully I came out of it unhurt. Still thanking my stars.
What a sad world we live in. I can understand if anytime you would want to go back in time and give that cedia guy a good bashing. My deepest condolences to the biker's family even though they would probably never get to read this.

And I hope shadowfax gets back to it's normal state pretty fast. With the DA pack from Bajaj, the experience should be trouble-free. I hope VW Bangalore is able to get the required parts asap.

Hope you are holding up fine and not having any post-accident stress.
Old 29th July 2012, 12:16   #103
BHPian

Shantanu, sad to hear about the accident. Thank God & the Vento, you are safe! I know that memory of the accident will always linger but hope you get over the horror very soon. Just your description sent a chill down my bones

I am currently in a city with the highest crime rates in the world. Yet, the traffic here is so much orderly that I fail to believe how people can be so calm and patient on the road! They see pedestrians from a distance and slow down. They avoid changing lanes at the drop of a hat. They signal properly when turning and so on...

Bangalore is becoming crazier by the day!! Road rage is so common that I see it almost everyday. And everyday I see overspeeding cars and two wheelers cutting across oncoming traffic, braking suddenly when their free run in the oncoming lane comes to a halt! Car, bikes, trucks, buses, pedestrians, everyone thinks they have the first right to the road and try to stake their claim!!
Old 29th July 2012, 20:00   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
And I hope shadowfax gets back to it's normal state pretty fast. With the DA pack from Bajaj, the experience should be trouble-free. I hope VW Bangalore is able to get the required parts asap.

Hope you are holding up fine and not having any post-accident stress.
Thanks ninja! I am better now, recovered from the shock, but still sometimes the horrific sight of the bikers comes infront of my eyes. I guess that would take some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Shantanu, sad to hear about the accident. Thank God & the Vento, you are safe! I know that memory of the accident will always linger but hope you get over the horror very soon. Just your description sent a chill down my bones
Thanks Nilesh!
When I called you up to tell you about the new shoes Shadowfax got, who thought that the very next day I would be involved in this.....
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:07   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My friend , have they given an estimate as yet ? Also how long would the repair works take ?

Most Viewed