Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2012, 11:24   #121
BHPian

Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

So after shadowfax being in the service center for about 20 days, finally the parts arrived, and the work on it have started.

In other news, these days I see only Ventos on the road, the white beauties, the black panthers, the blue hotness....I guess I am missing it more every day......
Old 17th August 2012, 11:34   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
So after shadowfax being in the service center for about 20 days, finally the parts arrived, and the work on it have started.

In other news, these days I see only Ventos on the road, the white beauties, the black panthers, the blue hotness....I guess I am missing it more every day......
I can so relate to your feelings! My lady's been at the workshop since Monday, and I keep staring at the empty parking spot every-time I pass by it! 20 days is a long period!

Maybe you can try going for a drive with Nilesh or any of the other bangalore Vento-nians? That could help slimmer down the pangs a bit - I hope to do that with @mikon's black mamba this weekend.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 11:42   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I can so relate to your feelings! My lady's been at the workshop since Monday, and I keep staring at the empty parking spot every-time I pass by it! 20 days is a long period!

Maybe you can try going for a drive with Nilesh or any of the other bangalore Vento-nians? That could help slimmer down the pangs a bit - I hope to do that with @mikon's black mamba this weekend.
Ninja, I think I missed this part, why is your heart at Service Center?
Old 17th August 2012, 12:09   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ninja, I think I missed this part, why is your heart at Service Center?
Paint issue on the bonnet - a large number of bubbles/spots have started appearing (only) on the bonnet. I raised the issue with the workshop and a VW engineer came down to check it up. The case has been approved under warranty and the bonnet is being repainted. I am supposed to get back the car by the weekend.

Fyi - the pics of the bonnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Old 17th August 2012, 12:21   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Shantanu, hope you have recovered from that accident by now. And hope Shadowfax is back with Gandalf very soon!

Did your zero-dep cover EVERYTHING? Like you, I opted for zero-dep only from the second year. You must be really thankful you did!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 15:13   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey Shantanu, hope you have recovered from that accident by now. And hope Shadowfax is back with Gandalf very soon!

Did your zero-dep cover EVERYTHING? Like you, I opted for zero-dep only from the second year. You must be really thankful you did!
Thanks noops! I am waiting to be back on the driver seat, aaah the wind in my hair during that pickup, and the grunt of the engine,

I swear, I thank go every moment that I went for a Zero Dep policy!

It did cover everything, I just need to pay for the consumables (nut / bolts / oils etc) and 5% Salvage on metal parts, that is standard across all Zero Dep policy

Last edited by evilshantanu : 17th August 2012 at 15:16.
Old 23rd August 2012, 10:00   #127
BHPian

Got the news from my service advisor that the Bajaj Allianz guys have visited the service center some 4 times after the approval of the work, to monitor the progress, which is good as they are a constant pressurizing factor for the service center guys. The not so good news is that the surveyor is pressurizing the service center to repair certain parts which cannot be repaired because there is problem in alignment.

I am keeping a close watch in this now, and any discrepancy with quality will put my foot down.

Last edited by evilshantanu : 23rd August 2012 at 10:01.
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:04   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The not so good news is that the surveyor is pressurizing the service center to repair certain parts which cannot be repaired because there is problem in alignment.

I am keeping a close watch in this now, and any discrepancy with quality will put my foot down.
Just put your foot down and ask that guy to give it in writing that if the repaired part malfunctions or if there is any problem then BA would pay for all the direct and indirect costs which you would have to incur as a result of this .
A week's wait more ! All the best
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 12:26   #129
BHPian

The shadowfax gears up for the final paint job and assembly of the rear upholstery and other mechanical parts, I went and checked the car, I am very satisfied with the repair work they have done.

Also happened to meet the surveyor again at the service center, got an opportunity to sit down for a cup of coffe with him and understand his side of the story In hindsight, and after all the episodes with Bajaj Allianz I would say that I am fairly satisfied with them, though I was little bugged by the initial red tapism that they showed in handling the claim, and specially the part where they were pressurizing the service center guys to re-use the parts and repair them.

His (Surveyor's) point is: they were insisting for the repair of parts, if it can be done only because, they have experienced with some Hyundai service centers where the dealers just to increase the bill amount have been replacing the parts which were not required to do so. According to him they have to be on their toes and keep an eye on the dealers for this, and in a way this has become a habit with all the surveyors now, I sort of understand his point now. Initially I was a little concerned about the surveyor's visit to the service center every 3 days (in the last 35 days), but I now see it as my benefit, he was monitoring the quality of the work from my side, so u need not visit the S.C every now and then, this according to him is very necessary with Maruti service centers, as sometimes they slack.

I would be getting the car towards the later part of the week, but I cant wait for it now!
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 11:23   #130
BHPian

The Shadowfax has arrived! after 47 days in the service center and me longing for it every day, every week, I got the vehicle on last friday I was overjoyed, took a test drive, checked all the points I was worried about. Trust me, I am satisfied to the brim!!!

The SC has done a fantastic job. Though Bajaj Allianz took about 4 days to do the final clearing of the bill, but the end result was amazing, the total claim amount came to some 2.67 Lacs this is inclusive of labor and parts, and I had to pay Rs 8,000/-. The drive assure thingy paid off!

I have the bill with me, I dont want to put it up in the open here, so whoever is concerned about the parts cost or want to have a look at it, or is just plain curious, send me a PM with the mail address, I will mail him the bill . This way it is ensured that the secret is only with a BHPian, and I am assured that it is safe with a BHPian

For now I will just let the photographs do the talking
Detailed post of the overall experience to come up in a few days, This is a heads up, as I know a lot of my friends here were worried about me and the Shadowfax, so here it goes

My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review-img_5150.jpg

Yes, in this process Shadowfax got a High Security number plate!
My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review-img_5147.jpg

My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review-img_5148.jpg

My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review-img_5155.jpg

My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review-img_5144.jpg

Photographs of the interior of the boot coming soon with the detailed report post
evilshantanu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 11:36   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Shadowfax has arrived! after 47 days in the service center and me longing for it every day, every week, I got the vehicle on last friday I was overjoyed, took a test drive, checked all the points I was worried about. Trust me, I am satisfied to the brim!!!
Good to see the car back in full glory – almost like a brand new Vento (pre-cosmetic facelift). And just paying 8K out of the 250K++ service bill is fantastic
The only worrying bit is the 47 days lay off. That IMO is a bit too long wait.
Old 21st September 2012, 11:56   #132
Senior - BHPian

Shantanu.
Great to see Shadowfax back on road and looks like they did a good job in getting Shadowfax back in shape.
Oh yes, new number plates, you remember i had asked to get those when you got your car .
Bdw the 2.5L, is really big amount, could you please let us know what all haven replaced .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 12:35   #133
Senior - BHPian

Great to see Shadowfax in full glory , looks fab once again ! Very happy for you . I know that you have been stress testing the vehicle to check out the work , hope that turned out satisfactory - eagerly await the detailed post

Quote:
So you got an upgrade too, neat !
Old 21st September 2012, 13:00   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Shadowfax has arrived! after 47 days in the service center
Finally!
A long shot from the initial 20 day estimate, no! But all's well that end's well!

Quote:
The SC has done a fantastic job. Though Bajaj Allianz took about 4 days to do the final clearing of the bill, but the end result was amazing, the total claim amount came to some 2.67 Lacs this is inclusive of labor and parts, and I had to pay Rs 8,000/-. The drive assure thingy paid off!
Not to be on nagging mood, but surprised to see even the 8k. A few additional consumables apart from the processing fee?

Quote:
And I think Gandalf needs to do a long drive on his steed soon! Happy driving!
Old 21st September 2012, 13:02   #135
BHPian

Many congratulations. Very encouraging to see that they restored everything as good as new. The figure is indeed on the higher side and like I am glad I went with the zero dep from BA. Will send you a PM separately for the bill if you could please share.

Wishing you now many more happy and more importantly safe miles ahead .

Most Viewed