Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 05:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Enter the Black Beast Mahindra Scorpio AT (BS4 with Airbag)

Welcome aboard Jetblast101 and congratulations on your Scorpio

Every week a new Scorpio adds on to the Forum Scorpio is a fantastic vehicle and adding AT option to it is a deal breaker, you don't get much option with AT in that price ranger especially for an SUV.

Do keep us updated with your ownership experience. Happy and safe driving
Old 10th March 2011, 06:16   #17
BHPian

Hey Jetblast, congratulations in the on the Scorpio and welcome to tbhp. Your first car thread is pretty good

Sorry to hear about the Rattles, hope you could get it fixed soon. Otherwise I hope you enjoy the car and happy mile crunching.
Old 10th March 2011, 09:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Hi Jetblast101,

Welcome to the Scorpio club and congrats on the beast. Black looks smashing love the colour.

We purchased a Scorpio BS4 VLX with air bags in white as according to my mom black is supposed to be inauspicious for my astrological sign.

Here is the link to my ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...omes-home.html
Thanks Octane78, we do prefer black over other colors somehow most of the cars we have had are black and your scorpio looks great in white too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
At 12.3 lakhs you really get a lot of car for your money.
Lots of useful features and the convenience of an AT. Topping it off with a reliable and powerfull diesel mill. I mean what more could you ask for. Its the best buy in its segment and the only choice if you are looking for an AT suv at this price point.
Congratulations on your wise decision.
Wishing you many miles of joyful motoring with your black AT beast.
Drive safe!
Its true the main reason for buying the Scorpio was the reliability factor, I preferred to go for the safer bet. AT was an important factor to the decision, I would have definitely considered the safari if it had an AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Hey Jetblast, congratulations in the on the Scorpio and welcome to tbhp. Your first car thread is pretty good

Sorry to hear about the Rattles, hope you could get it fixed soon. Otherwise I hope you enjoy the car and happy mile crunching.
The rattles are very minor, I will get them checked during the first service

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2011 at 17:26. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 12th March 2011, 08:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Jetblast, congratulations and welcome to the ownership of the most proudly owned SUV's in the country.

It is a great vehicle for sure. Happy Motoring!
Old 27th March 2011, 18:59   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy.

Like you, the AT is a big boon for me. The indisciplined traffic in our cities kill the joy of driving. AT is a step in the direction to reclaim your car. Since you have also got the vehicle at the same time as me, do you also have a problem with the operating range of the remote?
Old 27th March 2011, 19:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhangui View Post
Congratulations on your new buy.

Like you, the AT is a big boon for me. The indisciplined traffic in our cities kill the joy of driving. AT is a step in the direction to reclaim your car. Since you have also got the vehicle at the same time as me, do you also have a problem with the operating range of the remote?
Actually its not too bad, I tried operating the remote from the sixth floor yesterday and it worked. But I have noticed that remote works more like line of sight, I would suggest check the batteries or contact the Nippon guys they should be able to help you out.
Old 27th March 2011, 20:09   #22
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy. Hopefully, few years down the line this will be my next car.
Old 10th October 2011, 01:41   #23

a little late in the day, but congratulations on the black beast.

Any particular reason why you opted for the 4x2 instead of the 4x4? Is there a remarkable difference on tarred winding roads like ghats between these 2 variants? I am certainly picking up an AT Scorp but just cant decide between the 4x2 and 4x4.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajtrehon View Post
a little late in the day, but congratulations on the black beast.

Any particular reason why you opted for the 4x2 instead of the 4x4? Is there a remarkable difference on tarred winding roads like ghats between these 2 variants? I am certainly picking up an AT Scorp but just cant decide between the 4x2 and 4x4.
Thanks a lot. Well it has been around 8 months owning the black beast. Most of my driving has been within the city so I can really comment about ghats. I have driven on some ghat sections in Lonawala and havent faced any issues. If you really are into hardcore offroading then its a good option to go for the 4X4 but for minor offroading or mostly city driving the 4X2 is more than sufficient.
Jetblast101 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed