Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2011, 00:30   #31
NFS
BHPian

Re: Sarge - The Scorpio MHawk VLX 4x4 with Airbags

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Hello NFS,
Congrats on the new beast! Do you go for off-roading regularly?

On the fuel tank capacity, the capacity is 60 out of which 10 liters are for reserve. You you get an alert that "your scorpio runs on reserve fuel" when it touches red mark in the guage. From that point I was able to fill 47-49 liters regularly[till now about 5 times]. I do full tank always and refill happens after this messgae comes.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Hello, Scorpio Fan,
No I do not go offroading regularly, but wanted the 4x4 as it is required on-demand (when going on a tour).

I was surprised (both my last fills were to full tank) that never I was able to fill more than 41 lts, hence wondering if the reserve in my scorpio is set as 20Lts? Yes, your method is what I follow too - wait for reserve message - go fill up (literally fill up to the capacity). Will check this during a showroom visit or during first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhangui View Post
Yes, I got my 4x4 automatic on Feb 18th. I'm enjoying driving it. I am still writing my ownership thread. Have to take few photographs. Somehow it keeps on getting postponed. Have made a list of things that Mahindra should improve .

1. The pathetic distance the key remote is able to operate
2. Almost unusable space on the dashboard
3. Horrible glove box design and what you can fit inside it.
4. inaccurate fuel capacity indicator
5. inability to fill air in the spare tire.
6. fit & finish of the dashboard plastic

Have ordered quite a few things from ebay (ipod dock to have my ipod & gps audio connected to the Nippon HU simultaneously, 12v compressor, GPS mount, etc). By any chance are you coming to Velachery tomorrow?
Hey, it was very nice to meet you! Thanks for all the time you spent with us and the wonderful discussions. You have maintained the car neat and clean. So Saturday was a great day to have spotted two TBHPians (did not click pics, if then I would have posted multiple spotting on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-your-car.html).

Eagerly awaiting your report. Can you PM the e-bay links so that I too can order some! Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblast101 View Post
I have also refilled my Scorpio a couple of times till the brim. It seems that the tank is only able to take 40 liters after this, so the reserve actually comes on when there is around 20 liters in the tank and the fuel indicator shows 1 bar remaining. It is a bit strange but better safe than sorry.
True! better safe than sorry, but how do we know if tank is of 50lts? may be cost cutting? If not known, we might drive Scorpio expecting 20lits worth run on reserve. Thought we should confirm! What say!

Thanks all for the wishes!
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:34   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Hey, it was very nice to meet you! Thanks for all the time you spent with us and the wonderful discussions. You have maintained the car neat and clean. So Saturday was a great day to have spotted two TBHPians (did not click pics, if then I would have posted multiple spotting on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-your-car.html).

Eagerly awaiting your report. Can you PM the e-bay links so that I too can order some! Thanks in advance!
This is the link for the 12v air compressor that I ordered
eBay India: Electric Pump Metal Air Compressor/Tyre Inflator 12v (item 260746569628 end time 10-Mar-2011 13:20:36 IST)

This is the link for the ipod dock that I am connecting to the Nippon HU
New Maxell Universal iPod Charging Dock Nano Mini 3G 4G (Rs. 1984)
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:38   #33
NFS
BHPian

^^ Thanks for the links, unfortunately the listing has ended, and will search for other similar products available.

Visited some accessory shops on saturday and you will not believe the prices at different outlets.

AutoForm Seat Covers - U-Impress Premium PU material - OE fitting

Jeewajee Quoted 9500 + Installation (1500) + Courier (500)
AutoForm Dealer in Chennai - 15000 (inclusive of installation and courier)
Genuine Car Accessories - 8500 + Installation (650) - No courier charges

Choice seat zone: had a different brand Jackspeed with very good quality material - Jacksport - Excellent workmanship and excellent knowledge on the work. Costs above 6500, but good finish.

Yet to decide on the selection! will update soon

Also about Sarge "The Scorpio" paired the cellphone with BlueTooth Audio headunit and made phone calls. Felt it was quite easy and works efficiently. Quite impressed with the way how it got connected and you are talking so quickly. Mic is average, and the other party is not able to listen if you turn your head to right side (seated at driver seat). The Mic is positioned near the IRVM.

Last edited by NFS : 22nd March 2011 at 15:39. Reason: brand name corrected
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:29   #34
BHPian

Hi, congrats on your 4X4 . The fuel tank is of 60lts capacity . The Reserve warning prompt comes up when you are left with 10 odd lts in the tank. On my recent trip to tirupati , i drove almost 65kms after the voice prompt and we filled around 55lts . do pls upload pics of your seats after installation , travelling to chennai in april end will go for the same seat covers.
Old 24th March 2011, 12:03   #35
BHPian

Congratulations NFS on the great buy!!. I have bought recently and enjoying the initial drives.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-review-2.html

Only ICE upgrade is the seat covers.. Have gone for Europa seat covers.. Will post pictures soon on that..

Floor mat is something that I'm looking for. Only other good alternative I'm able to short list is the Elegant’s fabric mats.

Whats the mileage reading you've got so far?

Happy and safe drive with your beast!!

Cheers,
Vadi
Old 24th March 2011, 17:53   #36
BHPian

Congrats NFS ,

Another 4X4 Owner , your Ride looks great , i had also asked the same question of the Fuel Tank Capacity , it seems that 10 L is for reserve and the other 10L is for Emergency scenario , when you even run out of fuel in the reserve , you can still ride using the hand pump gizmo inside the engine bay..so total 20L goes in for this..., this is what the M & M guys told me.

Seat Covers - i bought the one from M & M showroom and it's very good and will be comfortable in the heat ...!!specially during long drives..

For Front Windshield i used V-Kool V70 , and it's worth every penny.

Wish you a very Happy Hawwking..

Regds
Raghu.

Last edited by vraghuz : 24th March 2011 at 17:56.
Old 24th March 2011, 21:00   #37
BHPian

Congrats on your new vehicle.Be aware of the servicing cost buddy, use it carefully sir.The servicing cost is humongous once your free service is over.I have been paying around Rs 10,000 or more for each service.Initially when i was abroad my wife was paying around 15,000-16,000, thanks to some BHPians suggestions things have improved but it still is around Rs 10,000.
Old 25th March 2011, 13:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisajid View Post
Congrats on your new vehicle.Be aware of the servicing cost buddy, use it carefully sir.The servicing cost is humongous once your free service is over.I have been paying around Rs 10,000 or more for each service.Initially when i was abroad my wife was paying around 15,000-16,000, thanks to some BHPians suggestions things have improved but it still is around Rs 10,000.
Hello Ali,

Here i pay around Rs. 2000 to 3000 / every 5000km Service.. not a paisa more...

i don't understand how u are paying so much !!!, can you please explain ?

Raghu..
Old 25th March 2011, 14:28   #39
BHPian

Hello,
Read the whole thread,
First of all, congratulations on buying into a good SUV
But here are certain points which i would suggest based on what i have heard from experts, (take it or leave, just my humble opinion)
1. The roof of scorpio is a little taller but it is a good idea to keep it clean to prevent any future scope of rust as mahindra's dont offer the best paintjobs
2. Same is the case with front Grille Ornament, wipe it with a cloth else it also tends to pickup rust (I dont know how is it possible if they say it is chrome plated)
3. Bullbar adds a character but it is generally fitted onto chassis support points and in case of impact we dont wanna have chassis getting the impact from bullbar

From addons perspective, you can go for the chrome kit for rear indicator assembly, it will add more style
Seatcovers are a must these days
Go for a pair of Big Foglamps and power horns to add more character to the vehicle

Waiting to hear further experiences from your side,
Cheers
Old 25th March 2011, 15:35   #40
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Hi, congrats on your 4X4 . The fuel tank is of 60lts capacity . The Reserve warning prompt comes up when you are left with 10 odd lts in the tank. On my recent trip to tirupati , i drove almost 65kms after the voice prompt and we filled around 55lts . do pls upload pics of your seats after installation , travelling to chennai in april end will go for the same seat covers.
Thanks for your wishes! Still unclear about the tank capacity, after the voice prompt came this time, I was able to fill up only 42.xx liters. Will keep you posted about the Seat covers. Ping me when you are in Chennai, so that we can meet up, if you agree! Happy driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Congratulations NFS on the great buy!!. I have bought recently and enjoying the initial drives.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-review-2.html

Only ICE upgrade is the seat covers.. Have gone for Europa seat covers.. Will post pictures soon on that..

Floor mat is something that I'm looking for. Only other good alternative I'm able to short list is the Elegant’s fabric mats.

Whats the mileage reading you've got so far?

Happy and safe drive with your beast!!

Cheers,
Vadi
Congrats on your buy, visited your thread!

"Europa" is that a brand? or a style? never heard of it, sorry, it could be just me!

Floor mats are the transparent with spikes. Holds really well with the carpets underneath. I think they are good and would recommend them with my limited knowledge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
Congrats NFS ,

Another 4X4 Owner , your Ride looks great , i had also asked the same question of the Fuel Tank Capacity , it seems that 10 L is for reserve and the other 10L is for Emergency scenario , when you even run out of fuel in the reserve , you can still ride using the hand pump gizmo inside the engine bay..so total 20L goes in for this..., this is what the M & M guys told me.

Seat Covers - i bought the one from M & M showroom and it's very good and will be comfortable in the heat ...!!specially during long drives..

For Front Windshield i used V-Kool V70 , and it's worth every penny.

Wish you a very Happy Hawwking..

Regds
Raghu.
Thanks vRaghuz, did read some of your threads in making my decision, so I owe you a thanks for that too!

Did meet another BHPian in my locality, incidentally he too booked a 4x4 during the same time period. The seat covers he put on was the M&M accessory. To my surprise, it was good and I am still thinking about this!

How much did this seat cover cost you? If I may ask!

I may not go for front windshield films, but will surely try all other sides. I wanted to stick with the Motor vehicle rules when selecting the shades and transparency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisajid View Post
Wow 10K to 15K per service? I am not sure if anyone here had to spend so much. I did read through many of the Scorpio threads here on TBHP and never seen anything like this. Is that the additional cost to maintain 4x4? Appreciate your comments and suggestions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Hello,
Read the whole thread,
First of all, congratulations on buying into a good SUV
But here are certain points which i would suggest based on what i have heard from experts, (take it or leave, just my humble opinion)
Thanks for your inputs
1. The roof of scorpio is a little taller but it is a good idea to keep it clean to prevent any future scope of rust as mahindra's dont offer the best paintjobs
Yes, I try to clean them on alternative days - will watch for any signs of rust!
2. Same is the case with front Grille Ornament, wipe it with a cloth else it also tends to pickup rust (I dont know how is it possible if they say it is chrome plated)
Front Grille ornament, are you talking about the Walrus tooth (am I right)? Looked plastic with Chrome to me. Will check anyway.
3. Bullbar adds a character but it is generally fitted onto chassis support points and in case of impact we dont wanna have chassis getting the impact from bullbar
Yes, in two minds. Looking for Nudge bars (soft type fiberglass material)
From addons perspective, you can go for the chrome kit for rear indicator assembly, it will add more style
Chrome kit are the ones that they glue it. Atleast that is what is available here, not sure how well they are glued in. Not a very big fan of Chrome!
Seatcovers are a must these days
I too think so
Go for a pair of Big Foglamps and power horns to add more character to the vehicle
Yes, but I hate to have these extra lamps adding to the Noise and Vibration factors, will need to get it properly fitted. Power horns! I get irritated by loud horns, also I think the one stock is quite capable.
Waiting to hear further experiences from your side,
Cheers
My responses in Bold
Old 25th March 2011, 17:19   #41
BHPian

NFS.

The Front Winshield Film from V-Kool is trasparent and only if u go very near to the glass from inside u will be able to see that there is a film ...and it's very effective in Summer....so i don't think u need to worry about Motor rules.

i spend around 4k for the seat covers from M & M , and it's a good deal , since i checked almost all the shops here in B'lore , most of them were quoting the same price ..

Raghu.
Old 25th March 2011, 17:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats NFS ,

The hand pump is to clear the air lock. Diesel engine fuel systems are susceptible to air locks in their fuel lines as standard diesel fuel injection pumps rely on the fuel being non-compressible. Air locks are caused by air leaking into the fuel delivery line or entering from the tank rather than the fuel evaporating in the system. Eliminating such air locks requires an extended period of turning over the engine using the starter motor or manually bleeding the system.
Old 25th March 2011, 22:58   #43
BHPian

Iam not sure why iam getting charged so much, i mean i thought 10,000 is regular bill,i remember once or twice getting less than 10,000.I was abroad and my car is chauffeur driven.Anyways will check the bills and post them here,Before it was coming upto 15,000. i had mentioned this in another thread too and some t-bhpians said it was exorbitant.My wife was getting it serviced at secunderabad opposite the petrol bunk.Its mahindra authorized service centre they even have a mahindra showroom. Iam sorry will check their name.How can the service be for 3,000 iam suprised.
Old 25th March 2011, 23:12   #44
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
NFS.

The Front Winshield Film from V-Kool is trasparent and only if u go very near to the glass from inside u will be able to see that there is a film ...and it's very effective in Summer....so i don't think u need to worry about Motor rules.

i spend around 4k for the seat covers from M & M , and it's a good deal , since i checked almost all the shops here in B'lore , most of them were quoting the same price ..

Raghu.
Checked with the M&M website and it says 5.5k for seat covers. @mbhangui, how much did you pay? Can you check the invoice and tell me? I do have a better offer from genuine car accessories for 4.5K which is not M&M accessory, but some other make, not sure of the brand.

Yes, Raghuz, I truly understand that Front windshield Film is totally transparent, and it is not against the rules. What I meant was that, I wanted to go for approved films for the sides and rear. The idea of not going for a film on the front glass is, I think this might affect my night vision (if it may), did not want to take the risk. Already read in the forum that it has no effect on night driving, but just apprehensive (may be its just me). Sorry for the confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhangui View Post
The hand pump is to clear the air lock. Diesel engine fuel systems are susceptible to air locks in their fuel lines as standard diesel fuel injection pumps rely on the fuel being non-compressible. Air locks are caused by air leaking into the fuel delivery line or entering from the tank rather than the fuel evaporating in the system. Eliminating such air locks requires an extended period of turning over the engine using the starter motor or manually bleeding the system.
Yes, I remember using it on a Shaktiman truck. Where is this in our engine bay? pointers appreciated.
Old 25th March 2011, 23:35   #45
BHPian

Congratulations on the buy... and nice report.

I had the same issue with reaching the roof. And then when watching the car being cleaned at the ASC, I realized the trick. Climb on top of the rear tires

I've faced the remote issues that you faced. The remote was opened during my 3rd service and the 'contacts' cleaned. I've never faced the issue again. you could mention it during the first service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks