Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2011, 00:10   #61
NFS
BHPian

Re: Sarge - The Scorpio MHawk VLX 4x4 with Airbags

Very unfortunate to be in this situation, but this is what is going on right now

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2309577
Old 28th April 2011, 00:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Very unfortunate to be in this situation, but this is what is going on right now

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2309577

Hi NFS,
How is the vehicle status now. I did go thro your complaint thread in the link below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2310951

The link was the last update you had made. Do let me know if all things are OK now. Are you back in Chennai safe and sound, how was the journey back.
Also did the Area manager manage to get the part for you on time?
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:45   #63
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi NFS,
How is the vehicle status now. I did go thro your complaint thread in the link below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2310951

The link was the last update you had made. Do let me know if all things are OK now. Are you back in Chennai safe and sound, how was the journey back.
Also did the Area manager manage to get the part for you on time?

Sorry for the delay to update. Here is how it goes:

1. Area Manager Kochi was very arrogant and did not want to fix the problem, but argue on why they cannot give me a date of completion of work. All I heard from everyone at Mahindra was "We will see to it that your vehicle is road worthy soon".
2. No Stock of Oil pump in any dealers around Palakkad (nearby bigger Towns/Cities like Trichur, Calicut, Coimbatore, Kochi etc) did not have stock of this product. Palakkad Dealer was asking me to find out the stock situation at Chennai (What should I say, I did not know)
3. Escalated the situation with Mahindra Customer care and the operator was helpless.
4. Finally a team-bhpian came to my rescue (I know why I am part of this big community now). The BHPian gave me contact of some senior head in Mahindra, I shot one email to this gentle man and replied with status updates as and when they arrived to me over phone (from the dealer).
5. Dealer was co-operative, but he was helpless as he was into the network only recently, and he neither had his complete status as a Dealer active.
6. Mahindra was not sure of the fuel pump problem and wanted an expert from Trichur to visit my car and ascertain what the real problem is. This happened on the third day (I felt sorry for my car)
7. M&M confirmed it to be a oil pump problem and the next day the part arrived from Bangalore. On 13th of April the day of election, vehicle arrived at my residence with road worthy assurance and a ribbon around (as if a new vehicle). Gifts from ITL motors with seasons greetings (happy vishu) etc.

By this time Regional Manager customer care, was talking to me over phone with direct responsibility of my vehicle and he was very apologetic of the state of things. He assured me the best of service and support for my onward journey with a taxi and driver (which I did not avail). Switched back to my trust worthy ZEN for my rest of the journey (visit to Kochi, Guruvayoor and back to palakkad). The run was really good, though he is an oldie being 10 yrs of road.

Man overall the experience of NO stock killed me. Experts from the dealer network say that OIL pump is not to be maintained on stock. I am not sure of why?

Back in chennai with a new problem, "Windshield crack after an UFO impact on NH between Krishnagiri and Chennai" It was raining and we heard a snap sound and did not see any problems inside the vehicle. It sounded as a "tick" sound. Later I discovered a small chip in the windshield and assumed it to be a pebble hit. I left is careless for a week or so and yesterday noticed that the crack has started to develop further. Called Windshield Experts and M&M team for suggestions. Awaiting their reply.

M&M straight answer was "NO Stock", but I requested to reconfirm. I am not sure of why Stock is a big problem.

Will keep you posted
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:27   #64
BHPian

Oh boy this is just horrible, hope you get the windscreen replaced soonest, these sort of cracks can propagate quite unexpectedly and fast.
Hope that this is the last issue to crop up.

Most Viewed