Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 23:45   #31

Re: Choosing to Cruze - Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT. (First 500 kms)

Thank you very much for your wonderful review (Pictures too) Mr. Sundaram. I just took delivery of my Cruze LTZ AT Yesterday (30 June 2011) and wanted to share my reivew on Team BHP. However, I cannot create a new post and hence posted the review on my blog and referenced your post too. Here it is Choosing to Cruze
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harinathpv View Post
I just took delivery of my Cruze LTZ AT Yesterday (30 June 2011) and wanted to share my reivew on Team BHP.
@harinathpv, Welcome to Team BHP.And congrats on your new Cruze.I have gone though your review.Nicely written.Please post your thread on T-BHP soon.Pl post some snaps too.

You can check out the Caska HU,if not already.They claim that their HUs are most suitable for Cruze.

I wish you mile and miles of safe and happy cruising in your handsome machine.Rgds,charthom.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2011, 11:33   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Sundaram. Congrats on the Cruze...I am not sure how I missed this ownership review. Normally, I dont miss any Cruze threads

Welcome to Cruze family and hope you have a solid experience with it through your entire ownership period.

Caska unit seems to have integrated quite well with the front dashboard console and has indeed complete the Cruze cockpit picture. What was the cost and installation price of same?

Also, I note that weak horn is listed as a negative in your list. I complete agree, my hands pain from pressing the steering wheel for horn usage. Did you change it? To what?

I am slightly concerned that outside dealers may mess up with wiring so i havent changed it yet.

Finally, Laura TDI is equally powerful to a Cruze but, Where Cruze gets completely differentiated is from its branding and VFM

Branding: Right from its day of launch its been marketed as the diesel rocket and most powerful sedan etc. Besides, its sporty interior and several times better looking exterior looks perfect for age group of 25-40. Whereas, Laura has always had an executive sedan image. Perhaps, for the successful >40 executives

VFM : Where Cruze beats Laura hands down is in its feature list and comparative pricing. As we all know Cruze top-end feature list is mouth-watering and comparable to even a beemer. The top end Cruze AT is almost 2 lakhs cheaper than the Laura AT and that's one hell of a saving and could easily contribute towards bringing down your overall ownership cost.

My ownership experience has costed me Rs.0.50/Km after completing 15,000kms.

Have fun and don't forget to drive safe ( with power comes responsibility)....

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd July 2011 at 11:35.
Old 2nd July 2011, 12:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My ownership experience has costed me Rs.0.50/Km after completing 15,000kms.
Can you please elaborate on this. If you have already done so somewhere else, please point me to it.

Thanks.
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:10   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@harinathpv, Welcome to Team BHP.And congrats on your new Cruze.I have gone though your review.Nicely written.Please post your thread on T-BHP soon.Pl post some snaps too.

You can check out the Caska HU,if not already.They claim that their HUs are most suitable for Cruze.

I wish you mile and miles of safe and happy cruising in your handsome machine.Rgds,charthom.
Thank you for the wishes @Charthom. I did post the pictures on my Flickr Account and given the link. Check them out here Cruze - a set on Flickr
Old 2nd July 2011, 20:16   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Can you please elaborate on this. If you have already done so somewhere else, please point me to it. Thanks.
Here is my Cruze ownership thread. And, with regards to maintenance cost/km, you can read specifically post # 650

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...completed.html
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 15:30   #37

Dear Friends,
Would like to as one question and before that let me just introduce myself as a PROUD owner of Chevvy CRUUZE – LT.
I took the delivery on 10.10.10 from Shiva Motors, Ghaziabad. Since then, I have covered 23,000 kms of fun uptill now. The drive is just wonderful, nothing to beat its road handling, presence, Styling, comfort, power etc., etc. I just love driving it and have driven it on some of the best expressways that we have in India i.e. Delhi-Gurgaon expressway and Noida – Greater Noida expressway. I have not experienced any misbehavior or lack of control even at 170 Kms/hour and even at those speeds the car was eager to go for more.
The maintenance experience is not bad either up till now as the third service cost was Rs. 6300/- which included cost of Synthetic oil, oil-filter, service charges and wheel alignment charges.
One episode which actually made me feel proud about owning the Cruze was when a few days back, a young (10-12 year old), car enthusiast, coming towards my car on his bicycle with a relatively high speed, yelled out “Choose to cruze”.
The Economy; I am getting 13.9 kms/ltr of diesel in city driving with 100% AC on because of the terrible heat in this part of the country. My earlier Ford-Fiesta diesel used to return 17.5 lms/ltr in the same conditions.
Now, coming to the question;
The Service/inspection of Cruze is every 5,000 kms, which to my mind is very short, and I found there is hardly anything which is to be done other than washing. Will it be wise, if I don’t go for every 5k interval inspections and only get the service done at 15k intervals i.e. when the oil needs to be changed.
# I got upgraded my OE music system with an in dash navigation and for details please see the thread;
OE Replacement - Navigation System for Cruze "Mega Audio
Old 16th September 2011, 13:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyer View Post
The Service/inspection of Cruze is every 5,000 kms, which to my mind is very short, and I found there is hardly anything which is to be done other than washing. Will it be wise, if I don’t go for every 5k interval inspections and only get the service done at 15k intervals i.e. when the oil needs to be changed.
Might be a safer idea to stick to their schedule for the time being. At least your car will get a royal wash (do they wax too?). I am still waiting for my reassurance check-up to get a scratch fixed.

Quote:
# I got upgraded my OE music system with an in dash navigation and for details please see the thread;
OE Replacement - Navigation System for Cruze "Mega Audio
Please provide the link. Some questions though:

1. Does the system still let you use the old smart screen modes?

2. Is it a touchscreen? What's the screen size?

3. Does the system include a GPS?

4. How much did it cost?

EDIT: Found the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ega-audio.html
Old 28th October 2011, 20:37   #39
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Laura DSG CR 140- 0-60: 4.04 secs, 0-100: 9.72secs, 0-140: 16.54secs
Cruze AT 0-60: 4.30secs, 0-100: 9.95secs, 0-140: 19.54secs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Cruze AT: 0-160, 27.48 secs
Laura DSG CR: 0-160, 27.55 secs
Laura DSG's 0-140 timing , 16.54 seconds is not correct. It might be a printing mistake by ACI. Actually it is 19.57 seconds . Correct timings are given in ACI November issue.
Laura DSG CR 140- 0-60: 4.04 secs, 0-100: 9.72secs, 0-140: 19.57secs
Cruze AT 0-60: 4.30secs, 0-100: 9.95secs, 0-140: 19.54secs
Jetta DSG CR 140- 0-60: 4.39 secs, 0-100:10.02 secs, 0-140: 19.86secs
Old 31st October 2011, 15:49   #40
BHPian

What FE do you get with your AT sundaram?

I barely manage to top 8KMPL in the City, while it does go up to 10 on the highways.
(The computer shows 8.7KMPL, but by calculations its definitely around 8)

I've done around 9700KM on my car and I haven't had its first service yet. (only the 1500km checkup)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.sundaram View Post
Things I love are
  • The most silent and powerful Diesel in its class.
  • The grey interiors (Now black) is really nice and is a change from the usual beige interiors whose look is now old
  • Sporty Cockpit with plenty of Chrome garnish, Blue backlighting (The brightness of which can be adjusted to your liking)
  • Powerful and silent Climate Control with Air Quality Sensors
  • All of the feature sets like the sunroof, rain sensing wipers, Push start etc which make you feel you've got more than you've paid for and more than compensates for the missing few features listed above
  • Ride comfort is excellent and stability of the vehicle feels solid. Still yet to try extreme cornering and will update after the running period
  • Steering control feels very responsive.
  • Excellent braking
  • Cross 1700rpm and this vehice is a rocket
Next post will contain the photographs
Oh, and I can't agree more with these points.

Grey/Black Interiors are one of the main reasons we went for a Cruze over the Laura (amongst the fact that we like drivers cars and not cars to be driven around in). Beige interiors make me vomit.

Rain sensing wipers are a boon. The feature is not given the credit it deserves. It's one less thing to worry about while driving (specially in the crazy mumbai traffic)..

Some people say that the Cruze brakes are weak, but I don't get it. They seem amazing to me. The brakes have saved me from sticky situations more than a few times.

Yep, the AT has absolutely no turbo-lag IMO. I can feel the acceleration all the way from 1700 to 3000RPM. (Oh, and I've already done almost 10k in the car and I still haven't gotten over the acceleration :P)

Last edited by Ad1tya : 31st October 2011 at 16:07.
Old 7th November 2011, 12:08   #41

@Ad1tya I also drive an AT version and I am getting 12 KMPL in City (averages between 11-12) and on the highway, got around 14.

You should have got your 5000KM service done on time. Timely service helps you maintain the engine.

Try avoiding sudden raises in acceleration and plan your drives and this will add to your mileage. Also, in an AT one does not tend to think of the gear shift as the car takes care, but ensuring a smooth acceleration helps.
Old 9th December 2011, 19:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

The Caska unit is just WOW! It complements the cockpit very well. Hope you are having lots of fun with it.

Can you use the steering mounted buttons to control the caska unit w.r.t. changing the car configuration?
Old 24th March 2012, 23:30   #43
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.sundaram View Post
Choosing to Cruze

moved to an Apollo Accelere Maxx 225/55 R16 which has the same sidewall size of 123mm as that of the OEM Tyre so there is no difference in ride comfort.
Any updates? what is the condition of brake pads? How is the performance of Apollo Accelere Maxx? I haven't seen any reviews about accelere Maxx
Old 17th October 2012, 23:31   #44
BHPian

This is for all CRUZE AT owners. Please help my query

I am about to finalize in buying the CRUZE AT soon. What I am interested in knowing is that Cruze has 6 speed AT right from start. Also there is a gear indicator on the Driver Information Display that displays your selected gear while driving in Manual mode. When I was doing a test ride today, I used the manual gear and I could not go beyond 5 gears in the car. I am lost and cant understand why. The speed at which I tried this was 80kmph.

Kindly help and suggest. Another question that I have is that is there any sports mode in Cruze or only one drive mode?

Thanks for your help
Old 18th October 2012, 09:18   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
This is for all CRUZE AT owners. Please help my query

I am about to finalize in buying the CRUZE AT soon. What I am interested in knowing is that Cruze has 6 speed AT right from start. Also there is a gear indicator on the Driver Information Display that displays your selected gear while driving in Manual mode. When I was doing a test ride today, I used the manual gear and I could not go beyond 5 gears in the car. I am lost and cant understand why. The speed at which I tried this was 80kmph.

Kindly help and suggest. Another question that I have is that is there any sports mode in Cruze or only one drive mode?

Thanks for your help
Try above 100kmph, 6th gear will show up.
The "manual" mode (left slot of D mode) is the sports/sprint mode, good for quick overtaking and spirited driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks