Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:12   #16
BHPian

Re: My German rockstar Gaadi, Silver Volkswagen Vento - Ownership Experiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Tyre Upgrade for Vento:
Congratulations on your silver Vento, Karan!

Your Vento reminds me of our own silver Polo. The colour is a classic and will age well, but for sure its not a head-turner. Silver is a low-maintenance colour, I suggest you get a Jopasu duster and wash the car only once a week.

Lucky you had many distractions during the wait period, otherwise the 6/7 month wait would have been arduous.

Your post on the tyre upsize is very interesting. I have copied and kept it for reference so that I could revisit it whenever I need to get new tyres.

I like the rims of our Polo a lot and there is a likelihood that the stock tyres may not last that long. We already repaired a flat last week, something which never happened in our Esteem in 5 years of use. From the pictures, it appears that upsizing to 205/55/15 and keeping the stock rims is a viable alternative.

Do let us know how the Yokos perform.

Regarding the wiper blades, as others have explained, you need to place it in service position to lift it. However do note that you do not need to do this each time you wash the car. All you need to do is lift it up carefully by about half an inch at the bottom along the hinge to clean underneath the wiper. I have put the wiper in service position only once in the past 6-7 months.

I would suggest you get the rubber mats instead of the fabric mats. Or else you can place some good quality bigger clear mats on top of the black ones. You can also get a mat (a narrow rectangular piece) to place over the transmission tunnel. This one will sit under the other two mats on your left and right.
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:15   #17
BHPian

karansm4u - Did you check C-drive? I thought it had 205/55 R15 or did the tyre dealer game me incorrect information?
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u
- 205 is a good fit for Vento and it doesnt touch anywhere even if you turn your steering completely. Not sure about touching when car is loaded.

Yoko S-drive 205/55/15 Cost: 5600 each.
Buyback price for 185/60/15 Apollo: 3100 Rs
net price to pay per tyre: 2500/-
Total hole on pocket: 10,000/-
I only got 4 tyres changed.
I did the same upgrade. See pics at - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...utschland.html

You got a good deal there. I got only 2k for the old tyres. Same apollos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
karansm4u - Did you check C-drive? I thought it had 205/55 R15 or did the tyre dealer game me incorrect information?
IIRC, C drive has only 195 in 15", not 205.
Old 25th March 2011, 14:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Congratulations on your silver Vento, Karan!

Your Vento reminds me of our own silver Polo. The colour is a classic and will age well, but for sure its not a head-turner. Silver is a low-maintenance colour, I suggest you get a Jopasu duster and wash the car only once a week.

Lucky you had many distractions during the wait period, otherwise the 6/7 month wait would have been arduous.

Your post on the tyre upsize is very interesting. I have copied and kept it for reference so that I could revisit it whenever I need to get new tyres.

I like the rims of our Polo a lot and there is a likelihood that the stock tyres may not last that long. We already repaired a flat last week, something which never happened in our Esteem in 5 years of use. From the pictures, it appears that upsizing to 205/55/15 and keeping the stock rims is a viable alternative.

Do let us know how the Yokos perform.

Regarding the wiper blades, as others have explained, you need to place it in service position to lift it. However do note that you do not need to do this each time you wash the car. All you need to do is lift it up carefully by about half an inch at the bottom along the hinge to clean underneath the wiper. I have put the wiper in service position only once in the past 6-7 months.

I would suggest you get the rubber mats instead of the fabric mats. Or else you can place some good quality bigger clear mats on top of the black ones. You can also get a mat (a narrow rectangular piece) to place over the transmission tunnel. This one will sit under the other two mats on your left and right.
Hehe yes silver is classic color, easy to maintain although not a head turner but i believe it will stay sharp after 4-5 years as well.

I have inquired regarding Kagu 3D Mats @Banglore and got a number of there delhi dealer (Thanks motorhead for banglore contact number)

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
As motorhead suggested, C-drive doesn't come in 205/55/15 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
You got a good deal there. I got only 2k for the old tyres. Same apollos.
IIRC, C drive has only 195 in 15", not 205.
Yes i presume the deals for tyre is very nice.
I got the same quotation from BKTyres, Lajpat nagar Delhi and Singh Tyre Shop, GK2
I got it installed from Singh Tyre Shop
I also tried Universal Tyre shop but that guy wanted to sell me his prestige Alloy in exhange for my VW alloy and sounded fishy so i avoided his shop.
can anyone confirm is Universal Tyre shop guy a cheat or not ?
Old 26th March 2011, 18:36   #20
BHPian

Grr !! Here comes the first scratch

So finally i got the first scratch on my car. I was expecting it but wasn't expecting it so soon .

Went to buy some medicines and parked the car, when i came back there was few scratches on driver side door and back bumper. Looks like some stupid driver did it while parking/exiting along side with my car.

Although these are only scratches and not the dents and paint work got damaged. What can i do to make it less visible?.
I will not be repairing it by repainting etc because its heavy on pocket and such things can happen again in traffic.

Bumper paint gone, not sure what caused it because this doesnt look like a scratch. Its like paint gone from few dots
My German rockstar Gaadi, Silver Volkswagen Vento - Ownership Experiance-img_2567.jpg

Driver side door scratch.
My German rockstar Gaadi, Silver Volkswagen Vento - Ownership Experiance-img_2571.jpg
My German rockstar Gaadi, Silver Volkswagen Vento - Ownership Experiance-img_2573.jpg
Old 26th March 2011, 23:03   #21
BHPian

Re: Grr !! Here comes the first scratch

Quote:
So finally i got the first scratch on my car. I was expecting it but wasn't expecting it so soon .

Went to buy some medicines and parked the car, when i came back there was few scratches on driver side door and back bumper. Looks like some stupid driver did it while parking/exiting along side with my car.

Although these are only scratches and not the dents and paint work got damaged. What can i do to make it less visible?.
I will not be repairing it by repainting etc because its heavy on pocket and such things can happen again in traffic.

Bumper paint gone, not sure what caused it because this doesnt look like a scratch. Its like paint gone from few dots
Ouch!

The bumper scratch will definitely go with rubbing compound. Just check with a mechanic in your area.

The door scratch looks bad though. Not sure though whether the scratch is as deep as it appears. If not, rubbing compound will work there as well.

Assuming rubbing compound works in both places, your car will be as good as new.
Old 30th March 2011, 16:56   #22
BHPian

Back from trip and end of month so expecting salary soon
Its time to get my Vento decorated with new seat covers, but i have been searching good seat cover shops in New Delhi still not enough success.

I am looking for Art-Leather seat cover so if anyone knows a good shop in New Delhi, Please let me know its address/contact number.

I went to Driven and got a quote of 8,000 for seats + door trim with Art-Leather. Is this price ok ?

is leatherite and art-leather same thing?
Old 31st March 2011, 05:10   #23
BHPian

Guys please suggest some good places in NCR for art-leather seat cover Thanks
Old 31st March 2011, 11:00   #24
BHPian

the door scratch def seems to the work of a two wheeler who lost his balance.

sad to see those scratches. try the rubbing at both places, it will help with the bumper but the door may need more work.
Old 31st March 2011, 12:15   #25
BHPian

Ya seeing its minor scratch its either some 2-wheeler or trolly-wala who rubbed against my car :(

Question: i have been inquiring about art-leather, few shops said they have 1.3mm width and some said they have 2mm. which one is better in terms of heat & comfort level?
Old 3rd April 2011, 18:51   #26
BHPian

Hey guys,
Finally my Vento's first 1000 KMs completed. After running these initial 1000 i am very satisfied with this car. Since its also begninng of new month and i got my salary so will be starting with mandatory upgrades mentioned at the end of the post

Pros (Noticed till now):
- Build quality is awsome everywhere. Let it be interior or exterior or the thud sound of door, each and every part of Vento gives a feeling that they will stay put together for several years without any problem.

- Being a diesel car, its running cost turns out to be very cheap. I used to fill my Sentro for like 8-9K fuel per month earlier but you can cover same distance with just 3K with Vento.

- Snob value, although i don't care about this much and i bought Vento because the package it provides but if snob values comes for free, hehe YAY come baby come.

- AC turns out to be very good. In Delhi heat it cools the whole car in very short time.

Cons
- Wiper position, Even if i understand how it works its quite hard to make the cleaning guy understand it. Also cleaning guys change them self based on their leisure. My paint of bonnet where if you pull the viper blade it will hit, has already gone :(

- A$$ of VW is still to be known but they way they starting their campaigns in India lets hope it will be satisfied.

- Locking mechanism :(

Review of S-drive 205/55/R15
So now i have got a chance to drive them around in corner with good speed.
- Their grip is awsome. I used to take my santro on AIIMS Flyover round turns with speed of 40, More then that and tyre screeching sound starts coming. With Manza (Yoko A-drive 195/60/R15) i could do it upto 50-60 more then that i was feeling that it might roll or go out of control. But to my surprise with Vento+S-drive i was easily crusing about 65-70 on same road. In fact the tyre was so gripped that they would have held their ground if i pushed to 75-80 but frankly i didn't have guts to go over 70.
- Comfort is average.
- Looks will improve with 205 profile, It looks big+menacing )

Future Upgrades i am Planning
1. SunFilms
- For Front, 3M CR70
- Side+Rear, RE50 or Lumar Steel 50

2. Bumper Guard

3. Side Beeding
I saw VW guys side beeding and it was black and plain. I wanted the body color beeding with chrome on it, so planning to get it from after market.

4. Mats: Ordered Kagu-3D Mats.
I stay in delhi so i contacted Bangalore office and found out there Delhi dealer. Although getting mats will take 1 week time since if not in stock they get it delivered from Bangalore.

5. Headlight Upgrade
- 90/100 + Relay in process.

6. Seat Cover
- Art leather, guys help me with option in delhi from where i can get good art-leather seat cover installation.

7. Rear parking Sensor

Well that it for now.

8. HU upgrade: Money deficiency. Later !!
Old 30th September 2011, 12:28   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Future Upgrades i am Planning
1. SunFilms
- For Front, 3M CR70
- Side+Rear, RE50 or Lumar Steel 50

4. Mats: Ordered Kagu-3D Mats.
I stay in delhi so i contacted Bangalore office and found out there Delhi dealer. Although getting mats will take 1 week time since if not in stock they get it delivered from Bangalore.

6. Seat Cover
- Art leather, guys help me with option in delhi from where i can get good art-leather seat cover installation.

7. Rear parking Sensor
Those are the exact 4 things I am looking for to put in my new Altis. Can you please pm me the details? How much did the Kagu mats cost you in Delhi and where is the dealer?

Which seat covers did you finally opt for? Any pics?

which sunfilms did you finally go for? I am planning to get vkool. Where is the 3m dealer located in delhi?

Regards,
Mohit
Old 29th January 2013, 16:24   #28
BHPian

Hey! I am looking for the very same things that you have mentioned above for my new Rapid. Could you please PM the details of the workshop and cost 3D Mats, Side rubrails and the parking sensors? My car is also silver so the same shade as yours would do wonders.

P.S. Are the scratches still there or the rubbing compound worked? If yes, please inform me of the brand you chose. You can't expect to stay unscathed for a long while when you are driving in Delhi, can you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks