Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 10:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland

Congrats @ Moto - the car looks like one mean red machine! Liked the finish of the art leather covers as well. Lets compare car and on road behaviour since mine is also a Silver TDI HL taken delivery last week.
Old 22nd March 2011, 10:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the Red Vento!

Red does look good on Vento, but it looks better on the Polo than the Vento IMO.

I really liked the seat covers. They are smashing. They go well with the exterior colour.

Regarding the Kagu 3D mats, where do you get them man? I am really looking forward on getting them. Till now I have tried 3 different kinds of mats, and none are perfect.

Its sad to hear about the irritatingly long waiting period and the pathetic service offered by VW dealer.

I am a little surprised to read about the paint quality on your Vento. VW is supposed to be excellent at this.

Wishing you a lot many happy miles with the Vento.

Drive safe and Enjoy!
Old 22nd March 2011, 11:10   #18
BHPian

@motorhead5: Thank You for not installing mud flaps! The car looks much better that way (same for the Linea).

IMO, the standard mud flaps available at VW showrooms mar the Vento's looks by around 42%

Last edited by vipul_singh : 22nd March 2011 at 11:12.
Old 22nd March 2011, 11:11   #19
BHPian

Congrats!
The car is looking great in red

I got the Kagu 3D mats as well, I agree this is must have for Vento, the mats stick wonderfully and dont dangle here and there
Old 22nd March 2011, 11:23   #20
BHPian

congrats on your new car. it looks great and the interiors are done well too.

have a few questions
1. the sunfilm looks to be to dark, are they to the RTO specification and its cost?
2. what is the cost of the art leater interiors, did you do any aditional padding for tigh support ect, and what are the locations where it was put other than the seats.
3. Are the sill plates from VW, is it lit and what is the cost?

I am expecting my vento in a months time and so am researching on the upgrades.
Old 22nd March 2011, 12:55   #21
BHPian

Atlast i see the much awaited good pics on the forum. Guys, let me tell you, car looks more hot in real than in the pics, and though not much but did drive this car a lil.

I however prefer the looks without spoiler ;-)
Old 22nd March 2011, 13:07   #22
BHPian

Awesome colour, motorhead! One of my team mates has a red petrol Vento. I see it everyday and love the eye-catching colour. It is a head turner. The Vento's clean lines stand out really well in this colour.
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Boy, the car looks hot .
I saw a red vento here @ HSR layout , but didnt find it that appealing, but looking @ the pictures of your ride my view are completed changed now .
And those seat covers are sweet.
Just wanted to know , when you say got it done through Satya, means he introduced you to ovion guys or you paid to satya he got it done .

Anyways its Vento time in TBHP .

Cheers
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:33   #24
BHPian

congrats on your new purchase!!!!Can you please give me the contact number of the shop from where you purchased the 3D mats,I have been searching them for quite a while now for my laura.
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:48   #25
BHPian

Congrats bud! Your Art-leather seats look fantastic, sweet job on the installation!
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

The interiors look smoking hot !!!
Wish you lots of miles of happy driving . I am a bit surprised about your comment on the paint quality though , hope your dealer didn't scrap it somewhere .
I am very pleased with the sound quality of the system though the system lacks funkiness. I found it to be great across the band of bass and treble that I usually span .. my benchmarks are Pink Floyd / Knoffler for base and Led Zep for the pitch;-) which is quite a band though I agree that its a personal thing. The lack of iPod hook-up or pen drive port is an obvious disadvantage . IMO , the speakers are good though the drive may be upgraded
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:30   #27
BHPian

The car looks great in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
3. Ovion seats (Art leather) - This was also through Evo and it was one of my best experiences in this journey so far. Sudham at Ovion spend quite some time with us (me and my wifie), understood our needs, gave suggestions and made sure that his workers understood it very well. The staff over there (Manjunath and Santosh) were also very helpful and they delivered what we asked for. I would recommend them any day.
The seat covers looks really snug fit.
Were these fitted on your existing seats or did they remove the existing seat fabric and fix this? and if you don't mind, what is the cost of the same?
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:50   #28
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th March 2011 at 19:09.
NoRules is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
By the way the tyre upsize seems one size too big. May be its the pictures making me feel that way.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Vento.
Thanks nkrishnap!. You are right. Pics are indeed giving a bigger look. But its a good upgrade and 205 is a good fit. Btw, I had plans to go with 16". Continued with 15" after many discussions in t-bhp. Our threads rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri.R View Post
CONGRATS!!! on you new car my friend. Red color looks stunning and the seat color blends well with the car color. Cool. Wish you tons and tons of happy miles in your beauty.

My Super Stallion (White Vento - HL TDi) is scheduled for delivery this Thursday.

How much you paid extra for Yokohama S drives (4 Nos. 205-55-R15)? Also it would be helpful if you mention the cost of your accessories like sun film, door sills, seat cover etc.,.
Thanks Giri. All the best to you too.. Just another 2 days.

I had to pay much extra for the Yokos. There is a severe shortage of tyres and that didn't help the price. Paid 5.5k / Yoko and got 2k back for the stock Apollos. So net 14k, which is much more than what Chet and others paid a few months back.

Door sills - Around 1k.

Seats and 3m sun film - Did it through Evo (Satya at Cambridge layout). Cost me below 10k for both together. PM me for exact cost or talk to Satya (9845376094) and he will certainly get you good deals. If you want to go directly, talk to Sudham (9740622400) at Ovion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
@motorhead5, many congratulations. Your beauty looks gorgeous. It actually broke my misconception that Red doesn't suit Vento; this is the first time I'm seeing Red in flesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@motorhead,
Congratulations on the TDi Vento. After such a long wait comes the sweet success. IMO the colour looked super glossy and i feel it would hurt the eyes? Do you find it comfortable, I think softer shade of Red would have looked much better.

The seats are super good, what did they cost you? Can you post a couple of pics of the door sils please.

A little bad luck on the spoiler thing. Anyways happy mile crunching, drive safely with seat belts on.
I think most folks are not preferring Reds and we have very less on road. I love our old Octys in Red and hence wanted to go with it. Had a bit of confusion with Black earlier. I am really happy with Red now.

@ghodlur - Yes, its a little glossy. The problem is when its under the sun when there is a slight orange tint. Else its neat (For my taste again). Probably my last chance to own a flashy red sedan . And yes, will put more pics on door sills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Congrats dude. Welcome to the club. Your car is looking HOT.! Really liked the color. Let us know your experience and share your thoughts with pics.

Enjoy your ride.
Thanks Naveen. Will post more pics and ownership experiences soon. We could catch up some time in Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Congrats on your purchase. The color is looking really striking. The leather covers are also matching the car's color. Could you please share the cost?? Wish you many miles of safe motoring.
Thanks happy roadie. I have put the cost above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Wow, You car looks really cool.

Thanks for taking good pics and posting it with price, it helps ppl like me to get an idea what to fix and where.

Regarding sun file, I heard Global Ruby SR 20 also good? costs 3.5k I have looked the film in Junction it has more Sunlight Reflex around 58%.
Thanks TopSpeeder!. Thats the beauty of these threads in t-bhp. Really helped me with lots of info.

The cost of above sun film is around 50% more than what I paid for 3M SP20. So it should certainly have better heat rejection. SP30 is 37% if I am right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Congratulations! it indeed looks red hot
The seat covers are just fantastic! how much did they cost?
Thanks Figo united!. See cost break up above.

Last edited by motorhead5 : 22nd March 2011 at 17:26.
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:27   #30
BHPian

Congrats on the new acquisition. 4+ months is a long time. Though I personally do not prefer sedans in RED colour, your pictures have made me change my opinion.Your Vento looks stunning in red to say the least and the gloss is apparent. The seat covers look sporty and compliment the exterior red colour. The tyre upgrade I'm sure was worth the money spent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks