Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 21:19   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland

It's the tints that give it that edgy, mean look. Congrats! Add a set of mean black alloys with a red ring and see how deadly your ride will look!

Nice pics. I confess I used to think red Ventos are stupid till I saw your beauty!
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Congrats @ Moto - the car looks like one mean red machine! Liked the finish of the art leather covers as well. Lets compare car and on road behaviour since mine is also a Silver TDI HL taken delivery last week.
Sure. will do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congratulations on the Red Vento!
Red does look good on Vento, but it looks better on the Polo than the Vento IMO.
You are right. Just that polo red has become a little too common. Probably thats why more and more polo folks are going for grey and black now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
congrats on your new purchase!!!!Can you please give me the contact number of the shop from where you purchased the 3D mats,I have been searching them for quite a while now for my laura.
Quote:
Regarding the Kagu 3D mats, where do you get them man? I am really looking forward on getting them. Till now I have tried 3 different kinds of mats, and none are perfect.
I got it from Hot tracks (9845106938) in Bangalore. You could also try at Evo (9845376094) in Bangalore. You should try them. Trust me. Have seen those in black and beige. I wanted to remove as much beige as possible and hence went for black

Quote:
I am a little surprised to read about the paint quality on your Vento. VW is supposed to be excellent at this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
The interiors look smoking hot !!!
Wish you lots of miles of happy driving . I am a bit surprised about your comment on the paint quality though , hope your dealer didn't scrap it somewhere .
I am surprised as well. The service folks at dealer side too. They told me that they never encountered a paint issue so far. Lets see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
@motorhead5: Thank You for not installing mud flaps! The car looks much better that way (same for the Linea).

IMO, the standard mud flaps available at VW showrooms mar the Vento's looks by around 42%
Spot on. I just couldn't digest the stock ones. Much over sized and didn't go well with Vento at all. Same with all VW floor mats. So got rid of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Congrats!
The car is looking great in red

I got the Kagu 3D mats as well, I agree this is must have for Vento, the mats stick wonderfully and dont dangle here and there
Thanks Shantanu. Yes, I am really happy with those mats. Glad you go them too. Red wants to meet white. when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
congrats on your new car. it looks great and the interiors are done well too.

have a few questions
1. the sunfilm looks to be to dark, are they to the RTO specification and its cost?
2. what is the cost of the art leater interiors, did you do any aditional padding for tigh support ect, and what are the locations where it was put other than the seats.
3. Are the sill plates from VW, is it lit and what is the cost?

I am expecting my vento in a months time and so am researching on the upgrades.
1. In fact, its not dark, its the medium one. Visibility from inside is very good. I dont think it would have issues with RTO spec. Added all prices in my earlier post on this thread.
2. Didn't put much extra support. Did it only on seats, arm rests (front and rear) and the portion under the hand brake. See pics.
3. Yes, its from VW. Rs 1000/-
All the best on your new Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Atlast i see the much awaited good pics on the forum. Guys, let me tell you, car looks more hot in real than in the pics, and though not much but did drive this car a lil.
Let me complete 1500 kms. We will go for a ride and you can try her more. Ooty and back on a sunday?
Quote:
I however prefer the looks without spoiler ;-)
m'mm.. No comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Awesome colour, motorhead! One of my team mates has a red petrol Vento. I see it everyday and love the eye-catching colour. It is a head turner. The Vento's clean lines stand out really well in this colour.
Thanks nileshch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Boy, the car looks hot .
I saw a red vento here @ HSR layout , but didnt find it that appealing, but looking @ the pictures of your ride my view are completed changed now .
And those seat covers are sweet.
Just wanted to know , when you say got it done through Satya, means he introduced you to ovion guys or you paid to satya he got it done .
Thanks Schoudhury. On seats and sun films, my deal was with Satya (Evo) and I paid him. He handled the payment aspects with Ovion and 3M. I went to Ovion, had discussions on 'how to do' part and got the work done. Worked well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
Congrats bud! Your Art-leather seats look fantastic, sweet job on the installation!
Thanks to my better half for ideas and Sudham and his folks at Ovion for getting it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I am very pleased with the sound quality of the system though the system lacks funkiness. I found it to be great across the band of bass and treble that I usually span .. my benchmarks are Pink Floyd / Knoffler for base and Led Zep for the pitch;-) which is quite a band though I agree that its a personal thing. The lack of iPod hook-up or pen drive port is an obvious disadvantage . IMO , the speakers are good though the drive may be upgraded
Not sure if I agree on sound quality. For instance, increase the volume and you will see. I keep the bass at 0 or below. That improves it a little. Hopefully another visit to Satya at Evo (an expensive visit, probably) will make it all much better..

Btw, M Knoffler and D Gilmour - I am with you anyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
The car looks great in red.
The seat covers looks really snug fit.
Were these fitted on your existing seats or did they remove the existing seat fabric and fix this? and if you don't mind, what is the cost of the same?
Thanks f1fan. They did remove the stock seat fabric. Its all packed in a Ovion bag and is lying inside one of the racks at home.
Old 23rd March 2011, 01:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats MotorHead. The car looks absolutely stunning in RED with S-Drives.

For the Seat cover cost, I would have jumped at those at that price. The contour and fit and finish is amazing. Initially looking at the pics, I though they were high quality Leather (Stanley probably) and installed by professionals. Must say, they look real VFM. By far, the best ones seen at this price. Being black, they guarantee that you party hard at night with friends in the car and the family wont know about it next morning.

I's recommend you get plastic foot mats as well.

Please find my replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Have covered only 300 kms so far. Engine, Gear and brakes has become a little smooth lately.

Well, a new set of brake pads need 300 to 500 kms to adjust itself. Infact, a new set come with a disclaimer on the box stating that brake pads take about 300 kms to adjust itselfs and if possible avoid hard braking during this period.

Paint quality - paint loss at certain areas (edges of doors, Edges in boot lid near the rear window etc)

I have always loved the paint quality on polo. Its certainly do chip from the edges when you hit the door to wall or any other thing while opening.

Front wiper setup. There is a limit in educating cleaners on this aspect.

Be ready to get a touch up on bonnet, for the paint loss due to wiper, ever time you visit service station.

Beige interiors - This is a personal view as we do not like this new beige culture.

Same here

Have managed to get rid of most of it.

If at all you could get the dash and the door inserts black too. The interiors will look much more meaner. They already do though.
Lastly, regarding the S-Drives, they will open up in 5 to 10k of ownership. To be precise they will go loud, so dont be astonished to hear extra road noise. Also, try to be extra caucious on pot holes and try not to hit any hard.

Rest, they are excellent performers.

Wish you miles of happiness. Take care and drive safe

Gaurav

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd March 2011 at 01:24.
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:08   #34
mxx
BHPian

hey, congrats. And the interior leather work is too good.
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:31   #35
BHPian

Congrats on the Vento! The seat covers looks awesome. Do let us know about the mileage figures.
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:33   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Congrats on the new acquisition. 4+ months is a long time. Though I personally do not prefer sedans in RED colour, your pictures have made me change my opinion.Your Vento looks stunning in red to say the least and the gloss is apparent. The seat covers look sporty and compliment the exterior red colour. The tyre upgrade I'm sure was worth the money spent.
Thanks fuel_addict. So far so good. On tyres, see one new thread on S drives. Makes things a little complicated - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ll-bulges.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It's the tints that give it that edgy, mean look. Congrats! Add a set of mean black alloys with a red ring and see how deadly your ride will look!

Nice pics. I confess I used to think red Ventos are stupid till I saw your beauty!
Completely agree. Tints give it the difference. I could see it as soon as it was installed. Alloys, yes, I am planning to change. Not sure when.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congrats MotorHead. The car looks absolutely stunning in RED with S-Drives.

For the Seat cover cost, I would have jumped at those at that price. The contour and fit and finish is amazing. Initially looking at the pics, I though they were high quality Leather (Stanley probably) and installed by professionals. Must say, they look real VFM. By far, the best ones seen at this price. Being black, they guarantee that you party hard at night with friends in the car and the family wont know about it next morning.

I's recommend you get plastic foot mats as well.
Thanks gaurav. Yes, cleaning is easy now with these covers on. And yes, I have installed Kagu 3D mats. Those are quite easy to clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Lastly, regarding the S-Drives, they will open up in 5 to 10k of ownership. To be precise they will go loud, so dont be astonished to hear extra road noise. Also, try to be extra caucious on pot holes and try not to hit any hard.

Rest, they are excellent performers.

Wish you miles of happiness. Take care and drive safe

Gaurav
Thanks for the pointers. Will keep that in mind. Have seen all the comments (including yours) on the above S drive thread. Scary to say the least
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
hey, congrats. And the interior leather work is too good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Congrats on the Vento! The seat covers looks awesome. Do let us know about the mileage figures.
Thanks mxx and Mr Beat. Yet to get a feel on mileage part. Will post once I have some dependable numbers.
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:38   #37
BHPian

Motorhead- Your Vento TDI looks wicked especially in those black leather seats. Awesome. You have managed to entirely change the interiors. Looks good. I too am in waiting for my Shadow Blue and I really want to get rid of that light color in my car . Hope you have many safe and happy miles driving the TDI.
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Motorhead- Your Vento TDI looks wicked especially in those black leather seats. Awesome. You have managed to entirely change the interiors. Looks good. I too am in waiting for my Shadow Blue and I really want to get rid of that light color in my car . Hope you have many safe and happy miles driving the TDI.
Thanks ambivalent!. A lot of us are keenly waiting for the first Shadow blue ownership report with tons of pics. So thats you..
Old 23rd March 2011, 22:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Let me complete 1500 kms. We will go for a ride and you can try her more. Ooty and back on a sunday?
Sure sure . .I am a real crazy driver, Go on unplanned weirddrives often. We ll plan a drive, but my poor Swifty will never be able to catch up with your Wild n Wicked Ventooo ;-)

And Mind you, i have driven more of Vento in all styles and experimented already, though not your car

Last edited by srikant : 23rd March 2011 at 22:29.
Old 23rd March 2011, 23:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
@motorhead5: Thank You for not installing mud flaps! The car looks much better that way (same for the Linea).

IMO, the standard mud flaps available at VW showrooms mar the Vento's looks by around 42%
Well I do agree that Vento looks better without the mud flaps .. but 42% .. now how on earth did you get to that number ??
Old 23rd March 2011, 23:56   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Sure sure . .I am a real crazy driver, Go on unplanned weirddrives often. We ll plan a drive, but my poor Swifty will never be able to catch up with your Wild n Wicked Ventooo ;-)

And Mind you, i have driven more of Vento in all styles and experimented already, though not your car
I know. thats why i wouldn't give her to you till she touch at least 1500kms.
Old 24th March 2011, 08:59   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ambivalent!. A lot of us are keenly waiting for the first Shadow blue ownership report with tons of pics. So thats you..
Well if I get mine on time definitely or someone else might beat me to it.
Old 24th March 2011, 13:38   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Paint went off (very little) from certain edges on top of the boot lid near the rear wind shield etc. Have reported the same to Downtown already. They have taken some pics and I was told that its forwarded to VW.

If it stays like that, then I will do a touch up. If it increase, then will have to take care of it under warranty. Bit scared after my spoiler paint job experience. Spoiler means, you could at least remove it

Its very minor as of now. Will take some pics and post it here.
Hi motorhead,
It seems there is some real issue with the Red paint used in Vento/Polo. My Red Polo 1.6 had major issues with the paint on the bonnet chipping off - mostly caused by small stone chips thrown out by tyres of vehicles in front.
After several complaints with the dealer and VW, they finally repainted my bonnet day before yesterday. Unfortunately the paint shop experience has been very poor. On first glance the repainted bonnet looked ok, but careful observation under bright light revealed dust particles caught in the paint and unevenness of the paint surface at some places. I had to go back to the dealershop yesterday and had to spend the whole day with the paint/polish guy to get all the uneven surfaces sanded and buffed. The final finish is still not up to the mark. The dealer / workshop has promised that they will again repaint it if I am not satisfied. However i now have doubts on their paint shop capabilities.

However till date my little experience with the mechanical section of the workshop has been pretty good.
Old 24th March 2011, 14:13   #44
BHPian

My car touched 1500 last week. Took her out for a stroll yesterday, in all her glory! Man I loved it!
Old 24th March 2011, 18:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Hi motorhead,
It seems there is some real issue with the Red paint used in Vento/Polo. My Red Polo 1.6 had major issues with the paint on the bonnet chipping off - mostly caused by small stone chips thrown out by tyres of vehicles in front.
After several complaints with the dealer and VW, they finally repainted my bonnet day before yesterday. Unfortunately the paint shop experience has been very poor. On first glance the repainted bonnet looked ok, but careful observation under bright light revealed dust particles caught in the paint and unevenness of the paint surface at some places. I had to go back to the dealershop yesterday and had to spend the whole day with the paint/polish guy to get all the uneven surfaces sanded and buffed. The final finish is still not up to the mark. The dealer / workshop has promised that they will again repaint it if I am not satisfied. However i now have doubts on their paint shop capabilities.

However till date my little experience with the mechanical section of the workshop has been pretty good.
Mainly paint is getting off from edges easily and its not acceptable. I think even the slightest of the things like cleaning is taking the paint away. I have reported this to the dealer. Will be taking a few pics and giving it to them officially. I too have serious reservations on the paint shop capabilities after my recent experience with the spoiler painting. Btw, I've decided to live without a spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
My car touched 1500 last week. Took her out for a stroll yesterday, in all her glory! Man I loved it!
Great. Enjoy!!. I am still below 500km mark and has a long way to go. Looks like I have to start with a lot of night and weekend drives to match your numbers

Most Viewed