Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:29   #1
BHPian

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland

Hunt and result -
Started looking for a Diesel Sedan by mid 2010 as part of our planned upgrade from a hatch. Ford and Chevy first hands were not my options. Was not happy with Linea's performance and interior quality. Was not happy about Verna's road manners, esp at high speeds.

Knew about Polo sedan launch and started waiting for the review. Finally the launch came, which was followed by an elaborate review by GTO in t-bhp. But I didn't want to book it till I get a chance to TD the car myself.
Finally after a few test drives, booked the car (TDI HL) by late Oct 2010. Kept the colour options open between Black and Red as I never got a chance to see both till then.

Waiting period and dealership experience -
Then started the painful wait for around 4+ months against the initial promise of 10 weeks. During the time, almost every one from Elite motors (with whom I had been interacting) moved out of the company starting with the sales exec, Sales manager, GM etc. The dealership experience was pathetic.
No one was ready to give any information and I started looking for potential options - used Optra magnums or a new Safari. Couldn't find a good magnum and didn't want to wait till the new Safari launch!!. Then had a short idea of extending the budget and looking for a Laura ambiente MT and had a TD too. By then the dealer confirmed that my car was in transit and I would get it in a week (Feb end).

Delivery -
Had a short confusion between Red and Black colours towards the end and eventually ended up with Red - Which now I am happy about. Delivery experience was good at Downtown - finally some thing!. Thanks to my final sales contact at Downtown (A fellow bhpian, who is active in our Vento thread). Thanks mate!

Finally got the red machine on 4th March morning after registration.

Accessories

1. Kagu 3D Mats - Quite happy about this. Its made for Vento and hence it fits perfectly without moving around. Very easy to clean. A bit costly though (4.5k)

2. 3M sun film (SP 20) - Done though Evo (Satya). Though my experience at Evo was good, 3M guys messed up the rear window a bit. They offered to redo the sun film for that window, which eventually didn't happen since they were not ready to give a guarantee about any potential damage to the rear defogger while removing the installed sun film.

3. Ovion seats (Art leather) - This was also through Evo and it was one of my best experiences in this journey so far. Sudham at Ovion spend quite some time with us (me and my wifie), understood our needs, gave suggestions and made sure that his workers understood it very well. The staff over there (Manjunath and Santosh) were also very helpful and they delivered what we asked for. I would recommend them any day.

4. Vento door sills - Fixed this after a week when we started seeing small scratches.

5. Yokohama S drives (4 Nos. 205-55-R15) - Waited for tyres for around 12 days without driving her much. Finally got 4 from Govind at Millivision (Thanks to Chet in T-bhp for his suggestion). Didn't change the 5th one.

6. Rear spoiler - This is quite a story. After paying for it on 5th March, it was painted 4 times at VW Downtown already and we were there 4 times to fix it. Each time, we could find some silly paint job issues (White/Silver marks, holes, finger marks etc..). Been there this Saturday and asked for a refund. They promised to deliver it to me on Monday/Tuesday. Went again today (5th time) and they messed the installation again. I think I can live without a spoiler now and get my money back!!!. Absolutely horrible quality after charging Rs 2.5k for the paint job alone!. Anyways, no longer confident about their service capabilities.

Future plans - Probably change the alloys and the music system - not finalized yet.

Have covered only 300 kms so far. Engine, Gear and brakes has become a little smooth lately. Have not gone beyond 2.5k rpm yet and my first full tank is yet to come. She has not seen highways yet. So will wait a little more before my detailed comments on high speed manners (which was good with the TD car earlier) and mileage aspects.

Whats Good?
1. Performance and minimal lag
2. Gears - Shift and accuracy
3. Space
4. Build quality, fit and finish
5. Front arm rest - Didn't like it much during initial test drives. Now probably got used to it.
6. Remote key with windows open/close. Boot release etc. All one touch windows.
7. Steering and seat adjustments with good range.

Whats Bad?
1. Dead steering - Will take time to get used to this. Not giving confidence while cornering!
2. Paint quality - paint loss at certain areas (edges of doors, Edges in boot lid near the rear window etc)
3. Front wiper setup. There is a limit in educating cleaners on this aspect. Guess I do not have to explain this as its done in detail already Vento t-bhp threads.
4. Music system - Sound quality, Lack of USB/Aux and steering mounted controls.
5. Central locking without individual locking/unlocking and auto locking. You could open any door in just one pull, when its centrally locked
6. Beige interiors - This is a personal view as we do not like this new beige culture. Have managed to get rid of most of it. See pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-1front.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-2front2.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-3back3.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-4side1.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-5side2.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-6side5.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-7side7.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-8side3.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-9side8.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-10side4.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-11side6.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-12front-seat4.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-13front-seat1.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-14seat-back.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-15center-console.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-16center-panel.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-17mat.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-18tyre.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-19tyre.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-20tyre.jpg  

Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland-21tyre.jpg  

motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland

Congratulations! Yet another Vento on the forum Looks pretty HOT in red! Really nice and well fitted art-leather seat covers.
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:37   #3
BHPian

congrats on the car motorhead.
looks pretty slick in red and i thought only the polo could look good in red.
loved the combo of black and red on the seats and the attention to detail.
i think that you should let go of that spoiler, looks good as it is.
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:44   #4
BHPian

Congratulation Motorhead on your Vento, its raining Vento on Team-BHP and I guess yours is the first(read - Red color). I am seeing red Vento for the first time.

I guess almost every VW dealer is treating its customer very badly, VW owners need to team up and escalate this through proper channel so that future customer gets a pleasant experience.

Paint quality issue on a German car, Strange!! Can you please explain this on detail with some pictures??

Last edited by camchennai : 22nd March 2011 at 00:53.
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:55   #5
BHPian

Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44
i think that you should let go of that spoiler, looks good as it is.
Thats what I am going to do now. In fact, they forced me out of it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Paint quality issue on a German car, Strange!!. Can you please explain this on detail with some pictures??
Paint went off (very little) from certain edges on top of the boot lid near the rear wind shield etc. Have reported the same to Downtown already. They have taken some pics and I was told that its forwarded to VW.

If it stays like that, then I will do a touch up. If it increase, then will have to take care of it under warranty. Bit scared after my spoiler paint job experience. Spoiler means, you could at least remove it

Its very minor as of now. Will take some pics and post it here.

Last edited by motorhead5 : 22nd March 2011 at 01:02.
Old 22nd March 2011, 02:15   #6
BHPian

Congratulations! it indeed looks red hot
The seat covers are just fantastic! how much did they cost?
Old 22nd March 2011, 07:08   #7
BHPian

Wow, You car looks really cool.

Thanks for taking good pics and posting it with price, it helps ppl like me to get an idea what to fix and where.

Regarding sun file, I heard Global Ruby SR 20 also good? costs 3.5k I have looked the film in Junction it has more Sunlight Reflex around 58%.
Old 22nd March 2011, 07:25   #8
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. The color is looking really striking. The leather covers are also matching the car's color. Could you please share the cost?? Wish you many miles of safe motoring.
Old 22nd March 2011, 08:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

@motorhead,

Congratulations on the TDi Vento. After such a long wait comes the sweet success. IMO the colour looked super glossy and i feel it would hurt the eyes? Do you find it comfortable, I think softer shade of Red would have looked much better.

The seats are super good, what did they cost you? Can you post a couple of pics of the door sils please.

A little bad luck on the spoiler thing. Anyways happy mile crunching, drive safely with seat belts on.
Old 22nd March 2011, 08:25   #10
BHPian

Woah, the car sure is a head-turner. She looks gorgeous in red and those ovion seat covers, look class. Congratulations motorhead5. Wish you miles of happiness!
Old 22nd March 2011, 08:31   #11
BHPian

Awesome looking car. Great looking interiors. You sure have a head turner here. Enjoy your ride. Congrats.
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:17   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats dude. Welcome to the club. Your car is looking HOT.! Really liked the color. Let us know your experience and share your thoughts with pics.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:28   #13
BHPian

@motorhead5, many congratulations. Your beauty looks gorgeous. It actually broke my misconception that Red doesn't suit Vento; this is the first time I'm seeing Red in flesh.
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:44   #14

CONGRATS!!! on you new car my friend. Red color looks stunning and the seat color blends well with the car color. Cool. Wish you tons and tons of happy miles in your beauty.

My Super Stallion (White Vento - HL TDi) is scheduled for delivery this Thursday.

How much you paid extra for Yokohama S drives (4 Nos. 205-55-R15)? Also it would be helpful if you mention the cost of your accessories like sun film, door sills, seat cover etc.,.
Old 22nd March 2011, 10:23   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Vento. The exterior color and the interior make up looks really good.

By the way the tyre upsize seems one size too big. May be its the pictures making me feel that way.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Vento.

Most Viewed