Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 23:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Snow white Skoda Laura 2.0 DSG

OH MY GOD!!! What a car!! It just looks like an angel on Indian roads.
Congrats! Happy motoring.
Cheers,
Naparajito
Old 6th May 2011, 23:04   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
on a side note, have noticed black power on the front wheels, spoke to the jms guys, as per them it is from the break pads! Is that what is? Have other Laura ownes noticed that?
This is common to all vehicles with disc brakes. It is a sign of normal wear and tear of the brake pads due to use. Nothing to worry about.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 14:22   #18
BHPian

Thank you Devdath for clearing the doubt!
Old 7th March 2013, 14:48   #19
BHPian

After completing 25K kilometers and over 2 years of ownership, which has been trouble free and scintillating, the Laura has been growing on me with each long drive that I have done!

I would like to share the FE figures on my last trip from Pune to Mumbai.After taking a pit stop at Lonavale, we came back on the express way. The stretch was approximately 45 Kms, the car was doing 50~60 Kmph in the 6th gear.

I was able to get 2.3 l/100 Km, which I think translates to 43.47Kmpl. By the end of my trip the odo read 4.5 l/100Km, which was more like 22.22Kmpl where the car was driven on an average speed of 80Kmph, with an occasional spike up to 120Kmph. I hope my Odo’s was behaving itself and wasn’t high on dope

Need reactions from other members, if the Laura or any other car, is driven at a constant speed of 40~50 Kmph can it delivery FE’s in excess of 35 Kmpl?
Attached Thumbnails
Snow white Skoda Laura 2.0 DSG-laura.jpg  

amitk2kin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 15:43   #20
BANNED

Quote:
After completing 25K kilometers and over 2 years of ownership
Glad to know that you are enjoying your car to the fullest..!! The FE you are getting is just one of the factors that endears the Laura to its owners.
Have you had a peaceful experience so far with JMD? What have been the service costs?

Enjoy your car to the fullest..!!

Last edited by n.devdath : 7th March 2013 at 15:47.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 16:17   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to share the FE figures on my last trip from Pune to Mumbai.After taking a pit stop at Lonavale, we came back on the express way. The stretch was approximately 45 Kms, the car was doing 50~60 Kmph in the 6th gear.

I was able to get 2.3 l/100 Km, which I think translates to 43.47Kmpl. By the end of my trip the odo read 4.5 l/100Km, which was more like 22.22Kmpl where the car was driven on an average speed of 80Kmph, with an occasional spike up to 120Kmph.
It's mostly downhill from Pune to Mumbai.
Even if I push to the limits, my Laura TSi does >12 km/L towards Mumbai. On the way back, it's mostly uphill and if I push it like I don't care, it does >10.5 km/L.

In any case, your figures are amazing. Very nice. I once tried to stick to 80-120kmph from Pune till Kalamboli (end of the express way) and the TSi was showing 6.2 l/100 km (16.12 kmpl). But I was always > 80kmph, it's amazingly boring to drive @60kmph in 6'th for any more than a minute so I could not test what you did. I salute to your patience.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 17:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Have you had a peaceful experience so far with JMD? What have been the service costs?
Thank you dude and I knock on wood for a peaceful experience so far!

The services cost have been around 13k per year off my head! And the service with JMD have been good, both in Kandivali and in Bhandup workshop, the service advisors and the technicians have been good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

It's mostly downhill from Pune to Mumbai.
Even if I push to the limits, my Laura TSi does >12 km/L towards Mumbai. On the way back, it's mostly uphill and if I push it like I don't care, it does >10.5 km/L.
Yes I agree, the drive is downhill and it was quite boring driving on that speed, but the FE numbers were very encouraging, will made me keep my foot off the pedal..

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th March 2013 at 21:27. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the multiquote option when replying to multiple posts in the same thread.
Old 7th March 2013, 18:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Satisfying to know that your DSG hasn't reported any complaints so far. Those gremlins have been sorted in in the post-2009 Laura's one can presume.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 00:17   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....I spoke to them for HID upgrade, they are quoting 18k per set, I need two sets, one each for the low and high beam. I asked them about the brand, thought these would be Skoda OEM, but they mentioned these are P4!

Checked out with other car dealers, the P4 kit is for 7k, I don't really know if i should get these fitted from the Skoda dealer and pay 11k extra! View's please?
Have you done this update? If it were me, I would buy the same spec stuff from outside (brand : Philips) and give the A$$ to fix it. This way, I save on the cost & get a better brand & still save warranty too.

Quote:
....I would like to share the FE figures on my last trip from Pune to Mumbai.After taking a pit stop at Lonavale, we came back on the express way. The stretch was approximately 45 Kms, the car was doing 50~60 Kmph in the 6th gear.

I was able to get 2.3 l/100 Km, which I think translates to 43.47Kmpl. By the end of my trip the odo read 4.5 l/100Km, which was more like 22.22Kmpl where the car was driven on an average speed of 80Kmph, with an occasional spike up to 120Kmph. I hope my Odo’s was behaving itself and wasn’t high on dope
That's super. Didn't you feel the world (including you) was standing still @ 60 kmph?!! That's what I feel when I am driving at those speeds!
Old 9th March 2013, 17:38   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Have you done this update? !
Yes I did, I got myself the Phillips blue vision ultra, replaced the bulbs and I am happy with the looks and the result!
Old 9th March 2013, 17:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Satisfying to know that your DSG hasn't reported any complaints so far. Those gremlins have been sorted in in the post-2009 Laura's one can presume.
No dude, the DSG is drivers dream, knock on wood, no issues yet!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks